“A tale of two entrees” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Pub
Williamsport, PA
“A tale of two entrees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband and I absolutely loved the beer selection at The Mill, but we had a split decision on the food. We ate at the bar, which had a gorgeous, hand-carved motif, and enjoyed the casual atmosphere and large TVs. Service was a little slower than we'd have liked, but they were friendly and the wait was tolerable (especially with all the beers to try). I think their deck upstairs was packed.
My entree, a creative "veggie cheesesteak" (which was not even on a cheesesteak bun, but more like Texas toast), was fantastic. For $10 I got a large sandwich loaded with perfectly grilled veggies, including eggplant, zuchinni and mushrooms, in a tasty vinaigrette with melted cheese on toasty, buttery grilled bread, and a generous side of fresh-cut fries. Even the most die-hard meat eater would love this dish and not miss the meat. It was mouthwatering and went perfectly with the beer.
Speaking of which, I got a Wailea Wheat from Kona Brewing Company, brewed with passion fruit. It immediately went into my top 5 (possibly top 3) favorite beers of all time. I also had a sparkling fruity wheat beer (can't remember the name) that was excellent. The bartender let me sample for free a third beer I wanted to try but didn't have room for a whole pint, which was very nice of her. My husband enjoyed his IPA picks.
On the flip side of our dining experience, my husband got the lobster ravioli, which was one of the pricier items on the menu at around $18. It was very disappointing and we both agreed my sandwich, at half the price, was far superior. The lobster filling was clearly frozen and as a result, the ravioli and the broth were somewhat watery, and the filling texture was unappetizing. The pink sauce had an odd choice of seasonings--couldn't put my finger on it, but it definitely wasn't right for the dish. The kicker was that my husband found an odd piece of shrimp in the dish--which probably shouldn't have been there! To be fair, the waitress did tell us that the fish tacos were made from a frozen seafood combo, so we should have known the lobster ravioli was probably a bad pick.
With something like 16 beers (mostly microbrews) on tap and lots more in bottles, The Mill is sure to please any beer enthusiast. Come for the beer, get something low- to mid-priced on the menu, and you will probably be a very happy customer. We'll definitely go back; we just won't order pasta or seafood!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
“We Love the Mill Tavern.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

The Mill Tavern is a new pub on the main street in Montoursville. They have a cool inside and some tasty food.

The part we love the best is their deck on the top of the restaurant. You walk up some steps in the corner of their bar area and voila, you are on their deck!

Their deck is a great place to enjoy a draft beer, kick back, relax and have an appetizer or a meal.

Highly recommend the Mill Tavern.

• Visited April 2012