“Chain yes, enjoyable yes” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Ambler, Pennsylvania
“Chain yes, enjoyable yes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the attentiveness of the staff. Food was cooked to order and arrived promptly. Very tasty. Thank you!

Visited March 2014

Eagleville, Pa
“Prime Rib”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Got takeout for a birthday. Delicious. Service fast and got a nice discount for veterans. Server was helpful.

Visited November 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Reunion”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The food was okay. Steak a little to well done. Waitress seemed in a hurry for us to order. We were with friends and wanted to catch up on the past 2 years.

Visited September 2013
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
“Beyond My Jaded Expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by my recent experience at this local location of this chain restaurant.
In general, I like to avoid chain's for their lack of character and interesting offerings and notoriously loud crowds. We went at prime time on a Saturday evening, but still had a good experience. My grilled mahi mahi was done perfectly and so were the sautéed veggies. I always think seafood is a risky choice at a steakhouse, but they did the fish as well as the shrimp special very well. Everything was seasoned well and presented nicely. There's a good selection of fun appetizers too!. The service was very good and friendly. The manager even stopped by our table to find out how our experience was. He truly seemed to care. That means a lot. We could tell they were trying - and they succeeded. The menu has good variety and the prices are fair. We will definitely return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“Missed the mark set by others”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I drive by this place all the time and it is always packed for dinner. We finally decided to check out why. This is going to be a tough review. When we arrived we were pleasantly greeted and promptly seated and the hostess quickly went through the corporate sales pitch of specials and drinks. We waited almost ten minutes just for the server to come by and take our drink order which would have been understandable if the place was packed but we were only one of three tables in her section.
That was just the start of our downhill ride. Our server as nice as she was went into the same exact sales pitch that the hostess went through and after three or four minutes of beating our ears in with information and specials we clearly weren't interested in finally took our drink order.

The drinks arrived and we placed an appetizer order, we went for the popular bloomin onion and an order of wings meduim heat. The bloomin onion is a nice looking dish but only part of it was edible as a good portion of this onion was overcooked and saturated with oil. As we ate what we could we saw several more onion apps go past our table and they were at least two shades lighter in color. The wings. I am still trying to figure out how they screwed them up so bad, they were chewier then gum and lacked even the slightest level of heat let alone flavor. Wings are suppose to be crisp and flavorful.

For dinner my wife ordered the shrimp ceasar salad and I went forthe Steakhouse salad,. The Shrimp ceasar is exactly what it sounds like, it looked nice but the dressing was flat and lacked flavor my wife was happy to find a pepper grinder on the table which helped make it easier to eat.
The Steakhouse salad had a great desscription until I read that it contained cinnamon pecans. I'm not a big fan of nuts in a salad especially when the dressing is a danish blue cheese vinagrette so I ordered it without the nuts. When it arrived it looked great the steak was cooked to a perfect meduim (as the servers say pink and warm) and tasted great. BUT surprise little chopped pieces of pecans all over the place, pieces so small it made it very diffucult to pick around and my thoughts and reasoning behind no nuts were confirmed as the flavor mix between them and the dressing made a putrid taste in the mouth. I ate what I could pick around and just wanted to leave as the whole experience was terrible with the exception of nice staff.

I know most people would send the food back but both my wife and I have been in the business and out of principal will not send food back. When you send food back you risk opening the door to staff backlash. The servers mock and ridicule you, the kitchen staff despite managment telling you otherwise will do things to your food whether it is gross or something else to mess with you as you are deemed a picky pain in the butt and why should they care.

I do not recommend this place or most other chains. Our experience is always qeustionable.

• Visited July 2013