“Could not have asked for better hospitality!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Caledonia Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mont Alto
Prices are for rooms, adults
The Caledonia Guest House
Save Saved
You added The Caledonia Guest House to your Saves list
203 S. Main St., Mont Alto, PA 17237   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Mont Alto B&B and Inns
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Could not have asked for better hospitality!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Caledonia Guest House the weekend we moved my Mom into Quincy Retirement Village. Not only did Brad and Sharon do everything to make our "escape" from the hustle and bustle of moving absolutely delightful, they also went above and beyond the call of duty to help us get Mom settled in and find the best grocery stores, hair salons, banks, churches, doctors and more! There wasn't a question we asked (and we asked a ton) that they didn't have a helpful answer for. And did we mention the accomodation, food and compaionship was to die for?? Our only challenge now is to always be the be the couple who "sacrifices" and agrees to stay "somehwere in town" when the family all comes to visit Mom. What a delightful find in an off the beaten path location!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

Brad and Sharon are wonderful hosts. The rooms were set up so everyone had their own bathrooms and sitting areas. This was so easy for those of us who stayed up late. Meals were fabulous! I would surely visit this B&B again and recommend it to others!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

The owners of Caledonia Guest House donated a free nights stay to the B&B's for Veterans program and my husband I were lucky enough to get it. My husband has recently returned from a tour in Afghanistan and jumped back into his civilian job in Washington DC, so needless to say a night away was definitely needed. We couldn't have asked for better accommodations!! This was our first time at a bed & breakfast and we were so surprised at how wonderful it was. From the moment we made the first phone call Sharon did everything she could for us to make our stay perfect. She even tried to accommodate my husbands need for a "lumpy" pillow :) Our room was absolutely gorgeous with everything decorated just perfectly and the bed was very comfy. At breakfast the next morning (Veterans Day) the table was decorated in red white and blue with a wonderful gift and card, and breakfast.... just amazing!!!! Sharon is a wonderful cook and better home cooking I'm sure is impossible to find. After breakfast they sat down with us to help us plan our day of sightseeing in the area and printed out any maps that we may have needed to get us their. There was a long list of B&B's offering free nights but I am so glad we chose this one we will definitely be back and will be recommending to all of our friends and family. Thank you so much Sharon and Brad you are doing an amazing job.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

I spent 3 nights alone at the Caledonia Guest House as a gift from my husband after a particularly stressful few months. I could not have asked for a better tonic! The house is lovely and peaceful as is the innkeeper - Sharon. I immediately felt at home in my room (I think it was called the Davis room) which was spacious and gracious. Sharon expertly guided me to several local attractions, restaurants and shops all of which felt like "finds" I have been to a number of great B&Bs but this one is my new favorite. I will definitely go back. If you're looking for wild city life or a big party, skip Mon Alto. If you want to sit on the front porch swing with a lovely quilt and feel the stress melt away, Caledonia Guest House is the place. Two thumbs up.....way up! ;)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Pasadena, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Caledonia Guest House for our 10th Anniversary. Sharon and Brad Bates made our visit extremely special. Our room was perfect! Sharon briefly interviewed me before our trip to ensure that all of our accommodations were just right. Though I had called only a couple days in advance, she booked dinner reservations at a quaint restaurant in town and prepared a list of attractions for us to consider since we were unfamiliar with the area. Sharon even added personal touches to our room, including flowers for my wife since it was our anniversary. I have to admit that I haven't stayed at a bed & breakfast before, so I'm not accustomed to the personal attention that made our stay one we will never forget. We look forward to staying at the Caledonia Guest House and you should too.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to The Caledonia Guest House? Share your experiences!