“Nicer than hotels that are double the price” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh Monroeville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2729 Mosside Blvd., Monroeville, PA 15146   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Monroeville
Youngstown, Ohio
“Nicer than hotels that are double the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have stayed here for business many times over the past 3 years and have always been pleased with the rooms and staff. After a recent remodel this place ranks up there with hotels that are way more expensive. I was there last week and the new rooms are great, and as usual the people who work there are really nice and helpful. Special thanks to Madonna.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RedMonroeville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write our property a Trip Advisor post! At Red Roof Inn we pride our self on providing our guests with comfortable, clean and affordable rooms.

I am always excited to hear from guests that our staff and accommodations are so delightful. It is so wonderful to hear such great things about our Inn’s New Renovation. We try extremely hard to make sure we deliver on quality and service. I am pleased to know that our new renovated rooms have exceeded your expectations as well as Madonna delivering great service during your stay. We look forward to providing you with lodging needs when your travel/work plans bring you back to the Monroeville area.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a post about your positive experience at our property! I will be sure to share your words our entire staff. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels!

Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh East(Monroeville)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Seville, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here for a night this week, on our way across the US. The outside is the old school Red Roof Inn, but it's been recently painted. They just finished renovating the rooms to their NextGen series last week, and I have to say that the rooms were quite impressive. We stayed in the Superior King Room, which includes work space, a fridge, and a microwave.

I have to admit that the outside seemed a bit dark considering it's beyond the road, but all the guests were nice and we never felt unsafe.

Beverly at the front desk was a delight when we checked in, and she even called us after we got settled to be sure everything was up to par. When we checked out, we dealt with Madonna, who was equally as nice.

The elevator was in a state of ruin when we were there, and I asked someone about it as I saw that it was being worked on before we checked out. The gentleman said that they were redoing and recarpeting it, and had been waiting to do that until the renovations were done. He also said they're putting a new roof on very soon.

The only real downside was the Wi-Fi. It works and the connections are great - it's simply a bit slow. Being techie nerds, this was kind of frustrating. It does work and has strong signals, though!

For food options, Max & Erma's is across the street. We got takeout and it was ridiculously delicious. The staff was nice as well, and I'd highly recommend it.

We'd stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

It is so wonderful to hear such great things about our Inn, we try extremely hard to make sure we deliver on quality and service. I am pleased to know that our comfy bedding package and New Renovation exceeded your expectations. We look forward to providing you with lodging needs when your travel/work plans bring you back to the Monroeville area.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a post about your positive experience at our property! I will be sure to share your words with Beverly and Mandonna along with the entire Team. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels!

Avis, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Just like some of the other recent reviews, the renovations to the rooms made the difference. The hard wood floors was a nice change from typical carpeting, and everything was clean and fresh.Beds sit high, and were comfortable, drainage in the bathtub and sink was good, heat/air unit worked well and was quiet, and the internet had a strong signal. Two minor issues though: 1) no microwave and/or fridge, and 2) bathroom was small. But, for the price ($72 and change) with my AAA discount, it couldn't be beat. Also, no breakfast, but there is coffee. I would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are renovated now, but be sure to ask for one, just in case.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay and our new renovation! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and found the Inn to be comfortable. Positive reviews like yours serve as encouragement for the team to continue providing great service. I will be sure to share your comments with all the staff . Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn-Monroeville and we look forward to seeing you back in Monroeville for your lodging needs soon!

Thanks,
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Beverly at the Monroeville Red Roof Inn was a life saver and a blessing to me and my mom. Long story short, my mom and I found ourselves with nowhere to go shortly after her being released from a care facility in a wheelchair. Her apartment had no water so we spent hours looking for a place to stay that would be wheelchair accessible. Beverly was extremely helpful and she made us feel very welcomed. At a difficult time, she made all the difference. The room and bathroom were newly renovated. Beverly and Red Roof Inn was our life saver.

Room Tip: The showers in the handicap rooms allow wheelchairs to roll into the shower which is awesome.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay and the service Beverly delivered to yourself and your mother! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Positive reviews like yours serve as encouragement for the team to continue providing great service. I will be sure to share your comments with all the staff . Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh East-Monroeville and we look forward to seeing you back in Monroeville soon!

Tomah, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very nice accomodations in a convenient location. The room seemed to have been recently renovated and had plenty of outlets for phone chargers, laptops, etc... WiFi was free. Staff was very friendly. Conveniently located just off the freeway, and an easy 10 miles to downtown Pittsburgh. Plenty of restaurants and stores nearby if you need anything. I'd definitely stay here again if visiting the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RedMonroeville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this review, March 26, 2013

It is so wonderful to hear such great things about our Inn; we try extremely hard to make sure we deliver on quality and service. I am pleased to know that our comfy bedding package and New Renovation exceeded your expectations, as a company we took into consideration the importance of the electrical outlet needs of our guest when completing the renovation. We look forward to providing you with lodging needs when your travel/work plans bring you back to the Monroeville area.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a post about your positive experience at our property! I will be sure to share your words with the staff. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels!

Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Have stayed at RRI before in different locations and it's not that they have been bad but just really average. We got here really late after attending WWE Raw on Monday and then of course there was construction by Squirrel Hill but none the less upon arrival very smooth fast check in and friendly staff. When we got to our room and opened the door I was completely shocked. Wood floors, new paint, nice huge comfortable bed it was just fantastic. There was absolutely nothing average about this room. It was relaxing and comfortable and happy to report a late check out which is great since we didn't get in until after midnight. Will def come back here again. TWO THUMBS UP.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was my second time at this hotel and decided to stay here again for business in Pittsburgh. The first time I received such pleasant service and that is the reason why I came back. Now this hotel has been renovated! BEAUTIFUL ROOMS!! Loved the new clean remodeled rooms. Loved loved the plugs in front of the end table! (No more reaching behind or searching for plugs for my phone and laptop! Genius!) And the service got more personal! I was given Hot Chocolate at check in by the same nice man at the desk. Thank you Mr. Nick. For those who have not tried this newly renovated hotel! give this one a try. Thank you. I will be back once again and again!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RedMonroeville, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this review, March 20, 2013

I am always excited to hear from guests that our staff and accommodations are so delightful. It is so wonderful to hear such great things about our Inn’s New Renovation. We try extremely hard to make sure we deliver on quality and service. I am pleased to know that our new renovated rooms have exceeded your expectations as well as Nick delivering great service during your stay. We look forward to providing you with lodging needs when your travel/work plans bring you back to the Monroeville area.

Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh East(Monroeville)

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh Monroeville? Share your experiences!