You added Doubletree Pittsburgh/Monroeville Convention Center to your Saves list
Doubletree Pittsburgh/Monroeville Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Mall Blvd., Monroeville, PA 15146 (Formerly Radisson Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Monroeville
Grand Prairie, Texas
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

The rooms are large, but the bathrooms are small. The air conditioner is very loud, and not every room has the sleep number beds (ours did not). The sheets and pillow cases were almost crisp like they had been over starched. We were with a large group and several members of our group received room upgrades. We did not even though we are silver level Hilton Honors members. The elevator malfunctioned while we where there, trapping a car full of guests of about 20 minutes.

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
GM_DTMonroeville, General Manager at Doubletree Pittsburgh/Monroeville Convention Center, responded to this review, February 11, 2011
Thank you for comments and I truly appreciate the feedback as it allows me to improve the level of service we offer at the Doubletree by Hilton Monroeville Convention Center.

I do apologize for the noise level of the air conditioner as I know the importance of a restful night of sleep. We are currently looking into ways to reduce the noise level to increase the quality of the guest sleep.

We have looked into what caused the elevator to malfunction and have corrected the issue to ensure it does not occur in the future.

I hope to welcome you back in the future and please contact me prior to arrival and I will ensure all your needs are meet.

Lance Rihn
Doubletree by Hilton Monroeville Convention Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

I used tripadvisor to determine which hotel I would be going to for a trip to Kennywood. I got Kennywood's site that showed the hotel packages and this one had the best ratings and had an indoor pool so with two small children, I thought it would be perfect and I immediately booked a two day stay during the week. When we checked in, there was some confusion with our reservation but all was settled. Then the kind man behind the desk handed us the signature cookies which we first thought was great. My 5 year old twin boys got so excited until we realized the cookies have nuts. Unfortunately, my kids have nut allergies, it didn't go over very well with them. Might have been nice for the registration clerk to maybe mention this, but people who do not have kids with food allergies are oblivious to this.

So, we got settling into the room which was very luxurious and they boys were anxious to swim. They get into their suits and when we got down to the lobby we found out that the two days we were staying there, the hotel pool is closed for maintenance. REALLY? Is my luck that bad? Could have stayed somewhere alot cheaper if there was going to be no pool.

Anyhow, the beds were very nice and the room was clean but for the price, I wouldn't stay there again with small children.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Largo, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

The hotel was very nice, the rooms and common areas were clean, well kept and have a nice trendy feel. The convention center property is surrounded by a mall which is nice as it gives many good options for dinner.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Frankenmuth, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

I bid on a hotel in the Monroeville area, as we only planned on staying one night on our way to Hershey/Lancaster and I did not want to spend a fortune. The Doubletree picked up my offer. I was delighted from the moment I set foot in their lobby; the hotel appears to be recently renovated and modern. The kids loved it, too....especially when we were greeted with freshly baked chocolate chip cookies upon our arrival. The hotel is also convenient to a mall, the expressway and of course, Pittsburgh.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

This is an old property that has been thoroughly revitalized. I stayed at it when it was a Radisson, but after a complete renovation (the hotel was closed for a about a year and was virtually gutted), it is now amazing and truly up to Doubletree standards.The rooms are modern, clean and comfortable. I stayed there for five nights and interacted with the staff quite a bit, and for the most part, they are top notch going above and beyond, and the same can be said for the hotel's management. The hotel is a little over a mile from the area's hotels along the interstate highway, but well worth the drive.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Toronto. Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

Stayed here with my family while visiting the SV Temple in the area. I booked the hotel on Priceline for only $50/night and it was a great deal.

Hotel is obviously quite new - large guest rooms, nice bedding, free WiFI, flat screen TV's...we were very comfortable. Check-in was easy and the desk staff very pleasant. We were also greeted with the apparently 'famous' Doubletree cookies which were delicious!

Hotel also has a pool/whirlpool. The only drawback is the lack of a complimentary breakfast, but I did see several patrons who seemed to be enjoying the for-pay breakfast. Would stay there again for sure!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

We just got back from a whirl wind trip to Pittsburgh. We work for a hotel chain that has a property out in Green Tree but decided to stay in Monroeville due to the fact it was way closer to all the weddings errands we had to run. We got there later in the evening and were whopped tired from the all day trip from the West Coast. The guy at the desk was very friendly and welcoming. As a hotelier I am a little more picky than the average traveler but I was more than happy with this hotel, especially with the rate we paid on Hotwire ($67)! The beds were comfy (Sleep Number) and the rooms were well appointed and clean. The shower was great and to a tired traveler is very important. The only comment or suggestion I would have for the hotel is to put the mini fridge microwave combo in the room. If you are there for more than one night it would be very helpful. Other than that everything was great and I would go stay again!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Doubletree Pittsburgh/Monroeville Convention Center? Share your experiences!