You added Doubletree Pittsburgh/Monroeville Convention Center to your Saves list
Doubletree Pittsburgh/Monroeville Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Mall Blvd., Monroeville, PA 15146 (Formerly Radisson Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Monroeville
London, Canada
“Nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Overall a good hotel. Our rooms were clean, however the fan in our room was quite loud and we had to turn it off in order to get some sleep. Since we only stayed one night, it wasn't a big issue but would have definitely asked for a different room if staying longer. The location is very good as its close to the main street and there are tons of restaurants and stores nearby. Ideal for family stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
US
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I made reservation couple a week ago and specifically requested quite room on a high floor. Upon arrival the room assigned was next to turbine/generators constantly making noise on and off. Unbearable!
Requested a new room and was greeted with a rude attitude and unprofessional behavior.

I will never stay at this property again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GM_DTMonroeville, General Manager at Doubletree Pittsburgh/Monroeville Convention Center, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us via TripAdvisor. I am very sorry for the hassle we caused you in finding alternate accommodations and for our delayed response. Please know that we have shared your experience with our front desk and reservations teams so that should a similar situation arise in the future we will be better prepared to offer the best service possible. I appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly so we can come to an agreeable resolution to your poor experience and hopefully we can have another chance to show you the quality service you expect from us should you return to the area in the future. You can reach me directly at 412.373.7300 or lrihn@doubletreemonroeville.com.

Thank you once again for your comments and I look forward to speaking with you.

Doubletree by Hilton Monroeville
lrihn@doubletreemonroeville.com
Scarsdale, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had reservations in Aug. and when we arrived to check in they told us our room had been given away and the alternatives were other Hilton properties miles away. We said we would find our own accomodations. The staff admitted they should have called us to see if we were still coming since this was a guaranteed reservation. We asked them to write up the details of this incedent including their names and mail or email it to us, They agreed and we have never heard anything from them.
When I got home I called Hilton customer to report my complaint they recorded it and said the manager would contact my within 3 days. After week went by I called called customer service again and they submitted the report again. Still NO responce! Very dissapointing

Room Tip: Make sure you check and double check that they have not given away your room !
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you once again for your comments and I look forward to speaking with you.

lrihn@doubletreemonroeville.com
412.373.7300
Cancun, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had a reservation for two rooms, I called to ask a question, the person who answered the phone was short with me and not friendly and did not even answer a question that I am sure she could have. I cancelled the reservation because I am not paying for a hotel that doesn't bother to require friendliness from its staff. Thanks!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Delmar, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

So, my first time to the area and I stayed here. This was a work trip, so I knew I wouldnt be spending alot of time here no way. The price isnt worth it. The cookies are good, cant complain about that. If I was a shopper, the mall next door would have been a great place to go.

I dont want to complain about the hotel becaue it was nice, HOWEVER, the air conditioning unit was horrible! It was so loud. That thing woke me up everytime it came on. This isnt just a "out of the ordinary hum" this thing made me want to duck everytime it came on, it sounded like bombs were being dropped on top of you. Plus (i will admit, i dont know how to use this stuff well) We had the thermastat set on 67 but woke up sweating at night. Idk if something is messed up and heat was on too. I am a cold natured person and even in the summer I freeze at night. The hotel room was clean, lobby very nice and staff as well. (my co-worker, in addition to the AC unit noise, was grossed out about the bathroom tiles around edges and tub tiles) They were really moldy.

Anyway, I would still reccomend the hotel, but if you hate noises like the AC and moldy tiles, may not be right for you. (one last thing, we were under the impression our room had sleep number beds, but didnt)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us in Monroeville. I’m sorry to hear you were not impressed with our property and apologize for the noise you experienced with your heating unit. Our maintenance staff works diligently to keep them in excellent, quiet condition and we’re sorry this was not your experience. We will be sure to share the comments on the condition of your colleague’s restroom with our housekeeping team and will keep a closer eye out for this type of issue moving forward. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area for work or leisure. We’d love to make your stay with us the best hotel experience possible.

Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

this hotel has sleep number beds in some rooms....my sleep number did not work, and the bed was hard as a rock. Next morning when I took a shower, the drain did not drain properly. When I checked out and was asked by the hotel desk clerk how my stay was, I told her the sleep number did not work and I had a horrible night stay. She said the hotel was being renovated, and they were taking out the sleep number beds. When I told her about the drain in the shower not working properly, she asked me if I called engineering. I said, "no, I was in the shower when I noticed it and that's why I'm telling you....so you can report it." No mention of a complimentary night to compensate me for these complaints, and she gladly charged my credit card.
I won't be returning to this propery....ever! Buyer beward! And, I'm a Hilton Honors Silver member, just 3 nights away (maybe 2) from gold level. I hope the hotel sends me a survey to complete online......

Consider yourself forewarned!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GM_DTMonroeville, General Manager at Doubletree Pittsburgh/Monroeville Convention Center, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted by our sleep number beds and drain that did not drain properly. We are in the process of replacing the sleep number beds with the new Hilton Sweet Dreams bed package this project will be complete by March 31, 2013. Concerning the drain I have taken your comment to our engineering team to ensure we are being more proactive with our drain treatment process.

Please accept our apology for this inconvenience and please feel free to contact me directly at lrihn@doubletreemonroeville.com to discuss further.

The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I hope that you will be our guest again and please feel free to contact me directly to ensure we meet all your needs.

Baltimore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

VERY poor customer service - from the top down! Proeprty standard fair - ordinary.
Front desk staff and manager's concern seem ok - but follow up is non existent.
The property is ok - older hotel changed over to Hilton / Doubletree property a few years ago. Average public spaces - renovated rooms, bathrooms still need attention, but ok.
Breakfast is below standards. Go elsewhere if it is not part of your package! Many optiones nearby.
Will not go back.. Many other options in area - but sadly no Starwood properties.

Room Tip: Would be ok if you have no issues to have resolved.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for writing a review about our new property. I am SO SORRY you had very poor customer service! We are working toward perfecting all of our areas to increase customer service and make the little things matter. Our goal at the Doubletree by Hilton is to go above and beyond guest expectations.

I have shared this review with my management team and team members your review will help us improve.

Please allow me to invite you back to the property during your next visit to Monroeville PA, and give us a chance to make it up to you. We simply cannot leave a sour taste in your mouth!

Please contact me directly at Lrihn@doubletreemonroeville.com, and we can arrange your special dates.

Doubletree by Hilton Monroeville Convention Center

Been to Doubletree Pittsburgh/Monroeville Convention Center? Share your experiences!