“Great location , great hotel , lacking service !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Pittsburgh/Monroeville Convention Center

You added Doubletree Pittsburgh/Monroeville Convention Center to your Saves list
Doubletree Pittsburgh/Monroeville Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Mall Blvd., Monroeville, PA 15146 (Formerly Radisson Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast & Wi-Fi
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Monroeville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great location , great hotel , lacking service !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

On a recent stay at the Double Tree hotel I for the first time believed that this hotel had failed to meet my expectations ! I stay here almost every time I come to town to visit the great city of PITTSBURGH because of its convient locations to the turnpike and the city . This time while staying at this Hote the power went off about three times but the staff failed to give a courtesy call . We had no clue what was going on and it seemed like nobody cared to inform us either. We stayed on the 9th floor and the room was great for the cheap price we payed ! Hilton hotels usually never disappoint but this time the customer service was horrible . The lobby is very nice and modern . The rooms are clean and spacious although there is not refrigerator in them like the Marriott . The only problem was the electricity and lax of customer service . I think after this horrible experience I will stay at the Marriott in monroeville where I have stayed numerous times as well.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Altoona, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

First off, we Pricelined a great rate... for a 3 star hotel and were place here for two nites over St. Patrick's Day weekend in Pittsburgh.
Check-in was uneventful, Jon (In training) at the Desk was very professional, informative and polite, & presented us with as he titled it... The best part of checking in.. "a Warm Cookie".
The room was very clean, and equipped well. The Bathrooms are very nice, and the room had a small coffee maker. The Beds were quite comfortable.
Again, we pricelined the room, and I would reccomend this hotel for it's overall service and amenities.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I am impressed and pleased With this property. The rating of 4 reflects this. The check in process was a breeze. There are ample elevators in the lobby so the wait in minimal. The restaurant was excellent and drinks were appropriately sized with good strength. The fitness center was nicely appointed with good quality equipment. The pool area was clean.

My room was a corner suite and it was sizable with a sleep number bed. That is a nice feature. No this is not like the garbage sleep number system at the Garden Inn's this is the real sleep number system and it is wonderful.

Feel confident that you wil enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed March 2012
Huntington, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I can't say enough good things about the hotel! We stay here every time we go to the Steel City Con! Right behind the convention center and across from the Monroeville Mall. About 20 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh depending on traffic.

The beds are super comfortable and the room is huge. Shower has great pressure and the bathroom is well equipped. The one thing I would suggest is a refrigerator in the rooms, but there are plenty of dining options nearby.

The staff is always very professional and helpful!

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I was staying that his hotel for a consumer trade show. I thought check-in was a breeze and they informed me that refridgerator I had requested was not available but to check back later. The only problem I had was when I went back to my room after the show the change I had sitting on the counter by the TV was gone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Iowa City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I want to give this hotel less than 3 out of 5, but the good service is what's stopping me. Check in was a breath, the front desk staff was very nice and helpful. However, the room had a very loud heating system (on a very cold night). We tried it out for a while, then turned it off but it still made a noise even when off. We requested a different room and were obliged immediately, again, showing excellent customer service by the front desk staff. The second room had a somewhat better heating system but it was still loud when on. I realize that this is a common problem to most of these 3 star hotels across the nation, but it's something other travels should be aware of if they are traveling during a cold time of the year. I can see myself staying in this hotel again if I had to, the rooms were average and the facilities were OK.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

We booked 3 rooms for the Doubletree Monroeville for Thanksgiving night. We were visiting family in the area and thought it would be nice for all of us to stay at a hotel together and be able to swim etc. We made the reservations through priceline which was a great deal - $67/room.
The front desk manager was very helpful as we checked in and even provided us with rooms that each had 2 double beds and put the 3 rooms near other. None of this is ever guaranteed by Priceline. He just went above and beyond to accomodate us. Then gave us our tasty chocolate chip cookies.
We were able to enjoy the lovely pool and hot tub before turning in for the evening to our spacious rooms, with very comfortable beds, lovely linens, and toiletries. Hubby go a late-night bite to eat from the restaurant on site- soup and salad $10.70. He said it tasted very good!
The rooms were very clean - no complaints at all. Hotel is close to everything- shops and restaurants. We will be returning many times!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
James C, Director of Front Office at Doubletree Pittsburgh/Monroeville Convention Center, responded to this review, November 27, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review of your recent visit with us over the Thanksgiving Holiday. I am pleased that we met, and exceeded your expectations.
We truly do our very best to meet all of our guests' requests, and provide excellent guest service to all of our guests, everyday.
I hope to see you during a return visit in the near future.
Again, please accept my sincere appreciation for letting me, and other readers of TripAdvisor know that we are a great place to stay during a visit to the area.
My warm wishes for a happy, and healthy Holiday Season.

Been to Doubletree Pittsburgh/Monroeville Convention Center? Share your experiences!