For a recent overnight trip to Pittsburgh, I booked two rooms for one night at the Courtyard Marriott in Monroeville through Priceline for $40 per room per night for my wife and me and another couple. The hotel is obviously quite new, so the lobby and rooms were in great condition, well maintained and quite clean. The orientation of the king bed in our room was unusual (not directly facing the TV, though the TV could be turned on its pedestal to face the bed), which meant that the four of us could sit on regular furniture to watch college basketball together without having to snuggle on the bed. The room, including the bathroom, was quite spacious. Free parking is always nice, and the proximity to a million restaurants and several interstate highways was quite convenient. We were in downtown Pittsburgh within 20 minutes. And we enjoyed a quick soak in the indoor hot tub.
Several minor irritations kept this from getting five stars from me. The access to the hotel was rather awkward, with a narrow winding driveway at a strange intersection behind a gas station. The breakfast buffet cost $9.95, which is well beyond what we were willing to pay. I'd much prefer a simpler, complimentary breakfast than a fancy, schmancy expensive one. And the internet access in the room was either not free or not working, so my wife had to sit in the hotel lobby at midnight to get free wireless internet access, which was silly.
With these few complaints aside, it was a pleasant stay at a quality hotel. I'd be happy to stay there again if we head to western Pennsylvania the next time we're in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Courtyard Pittsburgh Monroeville hotel features a new lobby with inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax, free Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard. The highlight of our new lobby experience is 'The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect.', providing guests with healthy food and beverage offerings in the morning as well as evening dinner service with cocktails. Our Monroeville hotel is convenient to the Pittsburgh International Airport, Monroeville Convention Center and the Rivers Casino. Perfect for business and leisure travelers since we are located near Philips, UPMC East, Oerlikon, Westinghouse and Cleveland Brothers as well as to Heinz Field, PNC Park, Kennywood and Sandcastle Waterpark. The Courtyard Pittsburgh Monroeville is the ideal hotel for visitors of universities like Pittsburgh, Duquesne, Robert Morris and Carnegie Mellon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Marriott, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh Monroeville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Pittsburgh Monroeville Hotel Monroeville
- Courtyard Monroeville
- Monroeville Marriott
- Monroeville Courtyard
- Courtyard Pittsburgh Monroeville