“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 11 hotels in Monroeville
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Courtyard Marriott for one night. Quite surprised by the beautiful hotel. Check in easy and quick, very clean lobby with great amenities as far as snacks, coffee, food, etc. Offered an upgraded room for being a Marriott member. Room was more like a suite. Beautiful, clean, and very roomy. Bed was so comfortable. Showerheqd was unbelievable. Great place!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a night. Rooms clean and the bedding comfortable. Enjoyed sitting down in the lobby/lounge in the evening having a drink .
We only ate breakfast in the hotel as there are a lot of options nearby.
Staff was friendly and gave some suggestions for dinner nearby.(we went with Max &Erma's as there are none near us at home )

• Stayed October 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I am a Marriot Gold Elite member. I typically enjoy my stays with the Marriott brand. Not this time unforetunately. The kitchen made mistakes on both days I stayed. The staff was very blasé about correcting the order. The front desk was also ambivalent about my issues with my bill. This was a real surprise to me. I typically enjoy Marriott hotels.

Stayed December 2012
HeatherRitter, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Hello Steve B.,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Courtyard by Marriott Monroeville.Your willingness to share your thoughts is genuinely appreciated. Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We are committed to providing our guest with the highest quality services and facilities. I sincerely regret that we fell short of our goal in this instance.

If you cuold please contact me either by email:cy.pitmr.gm@marriott.com or by phone 412.856.8680 so I can learn more about the issues you experienced and hopefully come to a resolution for you.

Heather
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel on a weekly basis since July of this year. The staff is awesome and very friendly and hotel was great and convenient until my last stay in November 2012. I was checking out early in the morning to catch a flight back home only to find a bed bug relaxing on the sheets. I searched for more and couldnt find any, but this has definitely put a bad taste in my mouth and I am not sure that I can come back again. while discussing with one of my trainees traveling with me, she also indicated that she noticed dirty bbathroom with urine stains on the floor, etc. Just wasnt a welcoming thought to imagine

Room Tip: inspect your rooms and bring sanitizers
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HeatherRitter, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to convey your recent problems while staying at the Courtyard Pittsburgh Monroeville. While finding a bug in your bed is a very unpleasant thing to find, I can assure you that it is not a real bed bug. From your picture it looks like the infamous "stink" bugs that Pennsylvania has been harrased by for the last few years. After your check out we had our pest control company in to check the room since I did not see the picture that you showed to my Front Desk Agent. They deemed the room clean of any bugs. I can understand your concern and I thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have also spoken to the executive housekeeper to ensure that the issues your friend has mentioned are taken care of. We enjoyed your weekly visits and hope when you come back to Monroeville you choose to stay with us here at the Courtyard!
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We visited Pittsburgh for the weekend. We didn't want to drive into the city on a Friday evening (especially with the tunnel closed), so we chose Monroeville. Worked out great. Chose this hotel because of tripadvisor reviews plus availability. Absolutely no regrets. Location worked fine, the place was clean and nice, and all of the staff was superb and genuinely friendly. I didn't have any issues with noise (of which another reviewer complained), but I sleep with the fan on in hotels to drown out external noises. BTW, a word about finding the entrance, because it's not actually on Wlm Penn Hwy. At Duff Rd, turn toward the Sheetz (gas station and convenient store) and follow the small access road (or driveway?) that runs up a little hill to the Courtyard. You'll see it easily enough.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stopped at random at this hotel while on a road trip and were very glad we did. The first thing I noticed was how fresh and clean the whole place smelled. The room was clean and tasteful, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Even the breakfast was better than expected. I'd stay here again anytime.

• Stayed October 2012
IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We drove through on our way to VA twice and stayed here both nights.

Reservations were easy to make.
Check in was easy.

The lobby was nicely decorated.

The first night we were on the 3rd floor with a balcony....very nice.
The room was nicely decorated.

The 2nd time we stayed we were on the 1st floor without a balcony. room had less furniture and we also missed the outdoor space.

We paid the exact same rate for both rooms...both on weekend nights.

the pool is tiny but we were the only people swimming.
the water was kinda cold so we all went in the hot tub to warm up.

we enjoyed the outdoor courtyard. we went and walked around out there.

gas station and restaurants right by the hotel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Pittsburgh Monroeville? Share your experiences!