“Superb ambiance, great food...at a cost” 4 of 5 stars

705 Mall Circle Dr, Monroeville, PA 15146
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Monterey Bay Fish Grotto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 115 Restaurants in Monroeville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Monroeville Mall
Description: Thank you for considering Monterey Bay Fish Grotto for your affair. Our award-winning restaurant has always taken pride in its level of standards and excellence. These exceptional standards are reflected in our mouth-watering fresh fish and impeccable service. Our guests have come to expect this level of quality in every aspect of our main dining room as well as our private dining rooms. Monterey Bay Fish Grotto's fish is fresh and flown in from a number of locations on the East Coast, West Coast and Hawaiian Islands. for this reason we are the regions Premier Fresh Fish Restaurant offering 20 kinds of fresh fish in an array of original, delicious styles
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Superb ambiance, great food...at a cost”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We had a family dinner there with my grandma, sister and my two little ones. The restaurant decor and ambiance is great. My entree the cashew chicken was good, but next time I would order something else. The dessert is excellent! I had the apple pie cheesecake with cinnamon ice cream and took home the vanilla Creme brûlée. They were both very delicious.

The prices are pretty high...my entree was $24, which it wasn't worth. I think I'd go back got appetizers and dessert, but not sold on the high priced, so-so entrees. I will say both my grandma and sister enjoyed and raved about theirs though.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Canton, Ohio
“Good if you want to pay for atmosphere alone!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Atmosphere is great but food is mediocre and meager. Way too expensive for what you get in flavor and quantity. I have never seen a restaurant this expensive deliver so little. I will never go back. I too as others suggested should have known something was up when it was almost empty so early in evening, about 7 on a Saturday night. I came away with the experience feeling robbed and very agitated about it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Had dinner there Sat night the 28th. Arrived about 6:45 seated right away, menus and drinks served by Mgr. Waitress took forever to take order, then long time for food to be served, lot of choices NA which was OK, but service was horrible! Then when waitress cleared main course dishes took forever to give us dessert menus, then when she finally took order another 30 minutes for that to be served! The food was not as good as it was years ago maybe two, and was overpriced for the quality and service provided. I understand at a quality restaurant preparation is key but we did not pay our check which was 114.00 and leave until 10pm. Way too long even for a quality meal. I always loved the Monterray Bay restaurant and their food and service, but I will think twice about going back. it was our 32nd anniversary and it left alot to be desired!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great food! Overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Food and service was outstanding! Atmosphere was beautiful. Only complaint was the cost is a little pricey. I truly wished a side dish come with the dinner; not paying $8 for a side dish! I would def go back again but I know to bring my check book!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I am amazed at how many good ratings this place got. First off, the whole place is a bit shabby, hidden behind construction going on at the mall and the place was deserted which should have been my clue not to even venture in. Menu is insanely overpriced, I've seen cheaper menus in New York City with significantly better food. Everything is a la carte even with main dishes exceeding $32. Sides were $8 and up, and an appetizer salad $5 for what tasted like bagged lettuce and had greasy fried wonton noodles on. A glass of wine was $13. The actual food was mediocre at best, over salted and oily. This was very disappointing and will certainly seek an alternative next time I'm in the area.

• Visited August 2013