“Thank you for the Turkey Bacon!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Monroeville
Dexter, Michigan
“Thank you for the Turkey Bacon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the SpringHill Suites on a whim when we decided we didn't want to drive all the way from Michigan to Virginia in one day. We got the room for a steal from Priceline and were shocked at how nice the room was for what we had paid! The front desk staff was very helpful (especially the girl from Fredericksburg...I've forgotten her name, though!) when I thought I had misplaced my wallet...it was later found without incident. The best part of our stay, however, was the breakfast! April (I believe that was the breakfast attendant's name) was so sweet, and the Hot buffet included Turkey Canadian Bacon! What a thrill! My husband doesn't eat pork or dairy products and so is usually limited to eggs and toast at these types of hotels! Not this time! They also had hot oatmeal, and not the kind from the packet! And multi-grain waffle batter! Such a pleasant surprise! We will stay again the next time we decide to split the drive!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

This property is centrally located right in Monroeville. Right of the PA Turnpike. Close to Expo Mart, Monroeville Mall and lots of restaurants.
Hotel is clean! Staff very friendly! Room very clean! Free breakfast was very tasty!
Not far from Pittsburgh!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We booked a suite through Priceline when we were in town visiting family. When we checked in I was surprised at how nice our room was. Our suite had 2 double beds, a large bathroom and vanity area, and then a sitting area with a pullout couch, desk, mini-fridge and sink. For the price and the number of stars (2 1/2 I think) I didn't expect the hotel to be this nice. A very pleasant surprise after a long day travelling and visiting with family!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Kane, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Good location, good people & good breakfast. The front desk was very helpful throughout our stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
London, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Stayed at this hotel - desk person was rude, room smelled of smoke. On the plus side, the breakfast attendant, April, was very accommodating and pleasant. We have stayed at this hotel since it opened. It's a little dated now and the Marriott culture isn't apparent here as far as some of the associates are concerned.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front of the building, otherwise you are practically sleeping on the Pennsylva...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Purcellville, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I have always wondered on previous visits about lingering organic solvent odors in the hallways and rooms of the Springhill Suites Monroeville. This question was solved on my last and final visit! On walking out of the elevator, I was greeted with a thick cloud of carcinogenic metal cleaner and a bonus spray in the face by an incompetent and poorly trained maid who was cleaning the elevator door. The management was slow to respond with a "comp" night, but failed to follow-up with a phone call as the Marriott headquarters indicated was standard company procedure. They have lost any future business from me and I have passed the word along to my colleagues. Thankfully, some newer hotels are now opened for business in Monroeville.

Room Tip: Away from highway and away from maids armed with spray cleaners.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Purcellville, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Monroeville? Share your experiences!