“The best especially with a pet” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville/Wilkins Township

You added Residence Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville/Wilkins Township to your Saves list
Residence Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville/Wilkins Township
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3455 William Penn Highway, Monroeville, PA 15235   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Monroeville
Bedford
“The best especially with a pet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

This is the best hotel for anyone with their pet as well as for any guest without a pet.
The exceptional cleanliness is throughout the hotel! There is not a trace of a pet in the room prior to our stay. Our puppy did not detect the scent of another animal having been in the room.The decor has a modern feel. The efficiency type room with all the amenities is just like at home. The hotel recognizes technology needs, thank goodness. When I got to the room I needed to charge my cell phone. That is when I realized I forgot my charger and before I could panic I saw the clock radio with a dock to charge a phone! The lobby is outstanding for visiting with others - seating arrangements with TV's in each space, fireplace, tables and counter.- Great for eating the good complementary breakfast and evening social meals. All employees are friendly. Location is great - set one property distance from the highway so it is quiet. Stores, restaurants, service stations, Monroeville Mall all within a mile. Check in - they had all the prior requests and information. Check out was easy - bill slid under door early AM. The only hotel I will stay in when in Pittsburgh!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor - quiet, easy in and out, close to lobby for breakfast.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

I spent one night here December 23. I live in the area, but had a free night voucher that was about to expire. This hotel is brand new-opened earlier this year, I think. Everything from check-in to check-out was perfect. A quick and friendly check-in, a follow up phone call to make sure all was satisfactory. I stayed in a king studio. The room was immaculately clean. The decor was beautiful. The usual fully equipped Residence Inn kitchen. Comfy seat and sofa bed, awesome bedding. Good sized bathroom with shower massage head(great for my aching neck). They had the softest snow white towels I have ever had at a hotel. Huge LG flat screen with lots of channels(no HD though). The hotel had a decent fitness room and a small indoor pool. The complimentary breakfast was great-the usual cold/continental items, plus scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, and 2 waffle makers with loads of good(albeit unhealthy) toppings. The eating/lobby seating area was nice- a few "booths" with personal TV's, other seats around a fireplace and several big screen TV's.
My stay was brief, but fantastic. Since I live in the area, I can't say I would need to stay here again. However, I DEFINITELY would recommend it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Marlton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011 via mobile

Great price, location, and staff. The hotel appears brand new and is very clean. Would definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely stay again when the need presents itself.

• Stayed November 2011
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

My wife and I were coming into town for a Steelers game...I procrastinated and waited to the last minute to book a hotel. All the hotels downtown were sold out. Reading the reviews on line, I figured I would give this hotel a try. The staff (friendly and helpful), breakfast, the room (size, attributes and cleanliness) were all excellent! I would stay again! BTW - the approx. 8 mile drive on game day was a breeze (I am from NY and used to a heck of allot more traffic). I will also mention that as a 33 year fan of the Steelers, but first time attending a game in Pitt, I applaud the city and their citizens...we met nothing but friends we never knew we had....can't wait for the next game...GO STEELERS!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
lubbock, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

It was clean, convenient, eay in and out and great staff. Will stay there again.

Room Tip: They're all good.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

Stayed here for one night with my girlfriend on a quick visit for dinner in Pitt. The lobby was really nice and the hotel, while out of the way, had lots of amenities. There was an outdoor basketball court, which was sadly right outside our window, as well as a gas fire pit which was great to sit around in the cool fall air.

The rooms were spacious and clean. We visited over the weekend, so there was no dinner service, but there was a breakfast that looked okay. I just had coffee. The bathtub stopper was broken, so I just ended up pulling it out which helped it drain much quicker. I would surely stay here again, if you are planning on leaving to the east the next day. Also, its near an airport, but not THE airport, PIT.

Room Tip: Ask to be put on a higher floor away from the basketball court.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Stayed here after winning a Priceline bid. The place is fairly new and looks it. The room was geared towards the business traveler but was perfect for the weekend. Our room was equipped with refrigerator, two burner stove, microwave, garbage disposal, dishwasher. Very stylishly furnished. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Free wireless internet worked great without having to get a password. The breakfast had an ample number of selections. I would stay there again

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville/Wilkins Township? Share your experiences!