“Great location, Terrible Facility” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Monroeville
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Great location, Terrible Facility”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was not cheap, but the rooms were not clean. Found trash left over from previous guests, sheets were not changed. The guy at the front desk told us that the cleaning of rooms only happens one day in a week!!! So, if you go in mid week and it is not clean, you are stuck?

There was 1 guy at the front desk who did everything and although he tried there is only so much he can do. Free Breakfast is a joke, they had a few oatmeal packs and one type of cereal bar, apples and called it carry out breakfast.
Very bad experience..over all. In my mind the extended stay logo with green hectogan now = a huge TRASH can.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Monroeville, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your room was not cleaned to your or our standard. We apologize and I am continuing to inspect and retrain staff to make sure we are not having these types of incident repeat. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at PMV@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Upon arrival, the refrigerator had crumbs in bottom drawer. Garbage had not been emptied and garbage was on the floor under the sink. Wall lights and night stand radio did not work. In looking to see if these needs were plugged in, I found an envelope and penny behind the nightstand. I called the front desk and the clerk had to do double duty to clean and correct all of these disappointments. The carpet did not appear vacuumed. I learned the next day, when I read the booklet in the room, and learned that linens and cleaning is done every seven days. I would not have made a reservation in a place that does not offer daily room care (with cards to choose for limited changes). I work in the medical field so could not recommend this chain to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask about restocking and cleaning the rooms before making a reservation because there is an extra ch...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the cleanliness of the room was not to your or our standards. In response to your feedback, I am retraining staff on our housekeeping policies and standards to ensure your experience doesn't happen again. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at PMV@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Ogdensburg, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My uncle booked 2 rooms to attend a funeral service for a friend of the family. Was frightened after reading some of the reviews, but I was satisfied with the hotel room. Room was clean. Did not use kitchenette facilities, except fridge for bottled water, but there were pans, dishes, utensils and cups available in the cabinets. Stayed 2 nights, but never did see housekeeping carts on our floor. Grab and Go breakfast is just that: A small selection of fruit (apples and oranges), some granola bars, packages of oatmeal and the muffins were kept behind the desk, so you had to ask for them. Hotel was good for what we needed, just a place to sleep for 2 nights.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Monroeville, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Connie - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the cleanliness of our hotel. Still, I apologize that you were not satisfied with our grab-and-go breakfast options. Please know, we have designed our breakfast to be a quick bite for our guests on the run, but will definitely keep your feedback in mind as we continue to improve this offering.

Matthews, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I always prefer to stay in extended stay since it is same like my home.. Everything is clean and nice experience for family trip.. i strongly recommend this hotel..I stayed here for one day for this july 4th holiday and it was in a convenient location.. Staff were friendly.. This hotel doesn't have a swimming pool but i never use swimming pool much during a trip..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Monroeville, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our accommodations and the cleanliness of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Crestview, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was the worst place I have ever stayed in. The staff was very rude! The rooms only get cleaned after 8 days. Oh--you can have them vacuum with a fee! The dishes were dirty---room smelled of smoke (even though it was no smoking). This was a family reunion and final goodbye to my parents. This hotel made our stay very unpleasant. They described the room as 2 double beds and a sofa with kitchen--NOT!!! I will never stay in this property again. Do yourself a favor--stay at a Marriott even a Knights Inn or local hotel would be better!

Room Tip: Don't go here--do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere!
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

CAN YOU RATE LESS????? We are having the most unpleasant experience of our lives in a hotel! OMG!!!! This hotel is very misleading on the internet. They describe their double rooms as two beds and a sofa bed along with a kitchenette! If that is what you are wanting go to the Residence Inn by Marriott!!!! This is a sub-par room with a kitchenette!!! So unacceptable for the price. Also they put us with two kids 4 and 1 (on the reservation) above the lobby!!! After 2 days of being here I get a call when it was just my one year old and myself here that we are being TOO LOUD - the so-called attendant was rude and inconsiderate ( I work in a major call center in customer service and he lacks it - I doubt by the time I take care of this issue he will be employed!!) I called corporate, who were closed, and talked to reservations and they insured I will get a call back in the morning. The police even came and left-sighting no issue...I have the call from the police. In turn, if this is the way a hotel is run do you want to stay here? Spend the extra and go somewhere else!!!! (Marriott!!!)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Monroeville, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Kimberly - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry that you did not find your room to be spacious and that our staff did not attend to your needs properly. Please know, our number one priority is the safety of all of our guests. To ensure that we continue to uphold this standard, there can be a time where the police are called. It disheartens me to know that this was the case for you, and it made your stay unpleasant overall.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact the hotel directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Marietta, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My wife and I and our three children stayed here for a couple of days while attending an airsoft expo at the local convention center. Upon arriving I was pleasantly greeted by the front desk staff. The hotel room looked freshly painted and was meticulously clean. I was a bit concerned about cleanliness due to the allowance of dogs in rooms). The room was spacious enough for the 5 of us. The price was very reasonable. The location was very close to a couple of malls, the convention center, and dozens of restaurants. Housekeeping can be done daily with an extra fee, but we simply chose to exchange towels and washcloths for new at the front desk. We stayed on the backside of the second floor which gave a great view of trees and the skyline. I honestly can't think of how our experience could have been better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Monroeville, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness and location of our property. As well, it is nice to hear that our staff is doing such a good job taking care of you and your family.

Been to Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Monroeville? Share your experiences!