“Incredible weekend for the kids!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mill Run
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
You added Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park to your Saves list
P.O. Box 91, Mill Run, PA   |
Hotel deals
Waynesburg, Pennsylvania
“Incredible weekend for the kids!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed for the Halloween weekend...and it was soon much fun! Upon check in you receive a copy of activities planned for the weekend. Some are free and some cost extra money. Be sure to have some extra cash on hand. The lower pool is much older than the upper pool, but it is a lot less crowded. They have a little spray park at the lower pool too which is good for the younger kids (ages 1-3). The upper pool is amazing! Huge spray park, watersides, pool, snack bar, store and restaurant there. It was a lot of fun, very crowded and we could not find a chair or table to sit at. The bounce houses are at the upper pool too. They have one for young kids and one for older kids. The restaurant Cindy's country kitchen is not worth the wait or money. On two seperate occasions we ordered food to go with only 2 tables seated in the restaurant.....the orders took over 45 min to be ready when we were told 10 min. When little children are hungry this is unacceptable. There were also staff just standing around and 7 staff members were getting meals before customers. The park is clean. The sites are close together, but this is not a campground for privacy. The golf carts are constantly buzzing around the park...which makes being a pedestrian with kids dangerous. People seem to drive around in the carts after dinner time as a type of activity, which is rather annoying. There is a fishing pond as well. I highly recommend the snowless snow tubing...it was a blast. Avoid the lines and get there early. The gift shop items are grossly over priced. The water hook ups have very very little water pressure which makes taking a shower difficult. Despite the resorts lack of customer service and golf cart issue, my kids had a very fun time and that is what my rating reflects. I would come back on another theme weekend braced for crowds of children and people riding around on golf carts. Oh and on route from southwest pa ( highway 21 ). There is a lot of construction delays....so leave extra travel time.

Room Tip: To be close to the upper pool request sites in the 400's

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I like the place. It was a little crazy but they provided lots of activities to do. Depending when you go there is a theme for the park. The theme in July was Christmas and the theme in August was Halloween. The watermark was nice and is great for small children.

• Stayed August 2013
Clarion, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was our family's first outing to the Yogi Bear at Mill Run. We wouldn't recommend this campground to anyone! The campground has the campers parked in like sardines; golf carts are constantly running, rules are not enforced; upper swimming pool is cloudy and unclean; activities don't open on time (in particular, the lower water slide). Our family and friends waited 25 minutes for the water slide to open and my husband had to find a worker to tell him to open the slide! No security around and guests were allowed to party well into the morning hours. The campground is total chaos and more like a huge party than a family-oriented campground. Thankgoodness we've visited the Yogi Bear in Harrisville (which is wonderful!) otherwise we would have been sour on all Yogi Bears. Stay away from this one -- it is overpriced and complete aggravation.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stayed 3 nights from Monday through thursday. Rented one room cabin for me, my 7yr old granddaughter and two great nieces ages 8 and 9. Pulled into wooded cabin site and first thought was, "Wow, is this clean." Not a leaf or twig by the fire ring or picnic table. Cute cabin. Opened the door and all can say is spotless! Before we unpacked, we checked everything including the coffeepot to make sure everything worked -- and it all worked.

Kinda tight but hey, it's a one room cabin. But not as small as I've seen some. The girls went nuts when they went in. Loved it. Absolutely everything you needed PLUS cable TV! Hardly roughing it. Thought the mattresses would be uncomfy but they were not bad at all. We were so busy the whole time everyone was out for the count by 10 and slept the night.

Small pool on the lower end of the park. Larger pool up top was heated. I heard its a salt water pool so maybe that's why it's not as clear as others. Goes up to 5 feet with a nice sized shallow end, too. In the same area is an awesome spray park. The kids and I really loved it. Has a pirate ship and smaller water slides for small children. The highlight for my girls were the adjacent water slides. "OMG" They would run up the high stairs, slide down and run back to the steps and run up them again. Over and over and over. What was great was that I could sit at my umbrella shaded table and watch all of them at once when one was in the pool, another in the spray area and another going up and down the slides. Very safe area for kids their age. I was able to get a table at the pool everytime we went which was a couple hours a day.

I could go on and on. So much going on. Most of it free. There are activities every night of the week. In fact they had dances on TWO of the nights we were there, and we didn't stay on the weekend. Usually campgrounds have little to do during the week.

The restaurant on site was very nice. But they know you're a captive audience, so it's not the best service or food. On one evening we had a deluge of lightning storm right as I was firing up the grill so the restaurant served its purpose.

As I said, I could go on and on. IT's all been updated. It's in the woods so the kids got a lesson on Daddy Long Legs. It's simply an awesome place for kids. It's a kids resort for sure. Loved it. Pricey for a campground but we would have paid $100 a day to go to our local waterslide park so can't really complain. Absolutely would take the kids again. Close to a boatload of stuff -- laurel caverns, ohiopyle, fallingwater. Can't go wrong if you have kids. Stay away from the weekends. I'm sure they're packed.

Room Tip: Check out the map for RV sites. Some are pretty cramped.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We have been going here since 2004 & the staff knows us by name. The staff has always been great to us, and we are never disappointed. The cabins are small, but we're too busy to do anything but sleep there, with the exception of some TV after the kid's in bed. Yes, there are certain things that could be better kept, but there are many weekends that we go & the place is fully packed to the limit. I haven't seem the new water slides at the top pool yet, but I'm excited to check it out.
I'm my honest opinion, the people that are complaining about it being 'too rustic' are expecting too much from a campground, especially one that is geared toward children. We are going there this weekend for year #9, & I can't wait!

• Stayed August 2013
Washington, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

we just got home from our 2 night stay (first time) My husband and I wanted to start a camping tradition with out 20 month old son! The pix that others posted really attracted us to pick this place and look forward to going again next year! We lives 1.5 hr away and we arrived about 30 min early to the 3pm check in time and we were directed right to our cabin (ranger smiths park model 2 bed room) the staff was very nice and explained everything well (even in the pouring down rain) the cabin is SMALL but perfect! i wasn't disappointed at all. there was a futon as the couch.. it was lumpy but it was a futon so i can't complain about that.. the one bed room was 4 twin beds. 2 bunk beds with pull out drawers under neither. nothing super nice but its camping so i thought it was cute! i had to take out the lil night stand and put it in the living room because my pack n play didnt fit in there.. but it worked GREAT! just a lil calm creative thinking.. the master bed was a queen bed.. mattress =HORID!!!! awful..lol i do think for 200$ a night it coulda ben better, the bathroom.. great. everything was CLEAN!!!! i was surprised there was not any kind of Yogi decor though.. the kitchen.. was nice, but!!! the site needs to tell you specifically what is in there! there is a gas stove/oven microwave coffee maker and lil toaster. a few plates cups bowls and silverware. 1 pot 1 pan with lids a dish drainer , a wooden spoon and a spatula. and a sharp knife. THATS IT!!.. no baking sheet, casserole dish no can opener no tongs... to me those are basic kitchen items that i wish i knew wouldn't be there... i was disappointed but not mad. The bathroom. nice! they provide a bathroom rug and a shower curtain. there is no way to keep water in the tub though. i put a cup filled with water over the drain to bathe my son. my fav part of the cabin was the screened in porch! had a nice picnic table in there to have our meals on :)
the outside of our cabin was nice. lil fire pit and grill and picnic table.
the Ranger station has basic camping things u would need. Snacks, fire stuff, Yogi gear..ect the restaurant ...... well the food is GREAT!! and not to $$$... the hamburgers are GREAT! for a pre-made burger its good. the bun is what made it great though ;) the salads are HUGE and very good as well! breakfast was Ok/good the menu is small but its good! now.. this was my #1 complaint, there was about 15-18 tables in there... 1 waitress... 1!!!! im not lying at all!! the poor girl!! we waiting 20 min for a menu, another 15 or so for drinks.. and so on and so on... and with a 20 mos old.. =BAD! there was about 2-3 other workers jusstt standing around by the pop machine chatting and not helping. this wasn't just a one time.. but all 3 times we ate there.. the girl apologized each time she came over.. you could tell she was working her bum off!
the camp ground it self was very nice, clean and well maintained! it was a lot smaller then i thought it would be my looking at the map online. but its great! i never set foot in the bath houses at all.. they looked scary to me but the people going in and out of them didn't seem to think they were bad/gross ect. lol there was a park in the lower end of the resort that was OLD.. like 90's old! but kids played on it. would have liked to have seen something newer and bigger since this is a kid resort! at the main gate there is a park too, its 2 wooden swing sets. nothing really toddler friendly, my son had fun on it but it would have ben nice to seen something for the lil ones too. in the activity field they have 2 big bounce house, the bigger kids had a blast in there! but my son was to little to go in, the worker said he could go in but he would have gotten crushed! it would have ben nice to see a smaller bounce house for 3 and under. The snowless tubing is so fun to watch! but my son was to little to go on that as well, he would have had to go in his own tube and not on mine or my husbands lap :( so we didn't do that :(
The pools- the lower pool is a basic pool with a tiny tiny toddler area. cute and fun but id like to see it fenced in so the lil ones don't go run into the pool that is RIGHT NEXT TO!!! to close for me . the big upper pool is heated which was nice because it was only 70-72 when we were there. the spray park is AMAZING!! but not heated so it was like ice water, and on a 70 degree day that is NOT FUN! so that didn't last any longer then 5 min. I wish there as a baby pool to let the littles ones play in too.
rides-the fire truck, picnic basket and wagon ride area fun for all the kids. we waiting in line for ever!!! on my first 5 laps it took before it was our turn had 80% parents 20% kids.. no lie!!!! i sat out each one and let my hubby take our son. Also you have PARENTS scattered in line and letting the kids jump in line when they get off the ride to ride again!!!! how rude is that.. its FREE!!! take your turn! that made me mad as I only wanted my son to get one ride of each!
Golf carts- a few people told me a HAD to get one.. well I didn't want to spend 60$ a day on one. so we didn't! and boy am I glad i didn't. I would have ben sooo mad if I did!. There is one hill that was a pain in the rear, but my hubby and I pushed the stroller up about and down it about 3-4 times each day and it was nice to work off those smores. lol
the speed limit is 5mph and thoes golf carts were FLYING!!! so be careful when your kids are playing!
i do feel like they should have had Yogi and the gang out n about more then they did.
over all this place was great and we look forward to going next year and we plan on going in a group as it seemed like a lot of the people there did that too. I think if your 1st/only child is under 3 id pass on this place though till he/she is older personally...

Room Tip: if you want to be more private/quiet go near the lower pool and pavilion. and off the main street wh...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We just returned from our annual week long visit with Yogi. Just as in previous years, we all had a great time. There are many activities going on at all times so there is little time for the kids to get bored. The pool was a bit crowded on Fri and Sat, but other than those two days it was not bad at all. My only two complaints....A new policy this year is having to take your own trash to the dumpsters near the exit of the park, the staff still makes as many trips through the campground can they not pick up the trash on the way by as they've done in the past?? Also the speed limit throughout the park is 5 mph, unless you're a staff member, I guess they are exempt. Most times when you see them they are traveling as fast as the golf carts will take them. All in all it's a great place to camp with a family, and we'll be retuning for years to come!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park? Share your experiences!