We recently spent July 30th to August 5th, 2012 at Yogi Bear Park in Mills Run, PA. Our group included six adults and three children (children were all under 6 year of age). My son rented a RV space, and we rented Ranger Smith Park Cabin. The cabin was very clean, the mattresses were nice,and full bathroom with a shower was nice. But the futon was useless as a couch, it would not stay in position. So we had to leave it flat out all week. The microwave's turn table would not move, so we burned a few items. We were told that this cabin would sleep eight. We had four adults and a toddler ,(who needed to sleep in a pack and play). We had a hard time fitting the pack and play into the master bedroom. But we made do. We did not use the loft bed, it was to hard for the adults to get too. Now for the down side of things.
1. We rented a golf kart because of all the hills. This kart was the worst. The front tires were bald. Not a good feeling to be riding around like this.
2. First night we ate in the kitchen,the food was good. But the service time was awful. We had small children and to wait 45 minutes for food at a place that is all about children. You got to be a little faster.
3. We used the laundry mat. Bad experience. The money for the washer got stuck. We called and was told someone would be there to fix the problem. After a 60 minute wait the man that ran the train came to our rescue. We found out that the coins got stuck because the machines had not been empty for 2 weeks, also the same thing happened to some one else early that day. The machine should have been marked "out of order". While we were waiting we did put the clothes into another washer. Then the dryer we used left marks on a shirt and and some towels. I would not use the laundry mat there, to unreliable.
4. Stone Bingo nights. The first time wasn't to bad. But candy night was awful. We were given gravel from the parking lot to use as marker. Also the men's bathroom was blocked by tables. So my 6 year old son had to use the lady's room, which he didn't like at all. The callers were awful, either to slow, to fast, or not loud enough. Since this is one of the few adult activities, you need to have more organization. The plastic makers could have been given out according to the number of cards you purchased. Thus no one gets the dirty gravel.
5. The golf course need repairs,and there was never any pencils to wrote your scores.
6. There was no changing station table at the pools for infants and toddlers.
7. Need more supervision over rough horse play at the pools. My eighteen month old granddaughter got knocked down at the lower pool by kids left unattended that were under the age of 12. We were luckly she wasn't hurt.
8. Family night swim is a nice idea, but you need more lights.
9. Need more instructions for first time visitors. The booklet in the cabin was a big help. But things like the Halloween parade and trick or treat was a little confusing.
Would we ever go again? We are not sure. We would not stay over the week-end (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday). The whole atmosphere changed. Very busy and a lot of young people in large groups. It was hard to get around the park.
- Also Known As:
- Yogi Bear`s Jellystone Park Hotel Mill Run