“Clean but needs some some updates.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mill Run
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
You added Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park to your Saves list
P.O. Box 91, Mill Run, PA   |
Hotel deals
Conway, Pennsylvania
“Clean but needs some some updates.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We recently spent July 30th to August 5th, 2012 at Yogi Bear Park in Mills Run, PA. Our group included six adults and three children (children were all under 6 year of age). My son rented a RV space, and we rented Ranger Smith Park Cabin. The cabin was very clean, the mattresses were nice,and full bathroom with a shower was nice. But the futon was useless as a couch, it would not stay in position. So we had to leave it flat out all week. The microwave's turn table would not move, so we burned a few items. We were told that this cabin would sleep eight. We had four adults and a toddler ,(who needed to sleep in a pack and play). We had a hard time fitting the pack and play into the master bedroom. But we made do. We did not use the loft bed, it was to hard for the adults to get too. Now for the down side of things.
1. We rented a golf kart because of all the hills. This kart was the worst. The front tires were bald. Not a good feeling to be riding around like this.
2. First night we ate in the kitchen,the food was good. But the service time was awful. We had small children and to wait 45 minutes for food at a place that is all about children. You got to be a little faster.
3. We used the laundry mat. Bad experience. The money for the washer got stuck. We called and was told someone would be there to fix the problem. After a 60 minute wait the man that ran the train came to our rescue. We found out that the coins got stuck because the machines had not been empty for 2 weeks, also the same thing happened to some one else early that day. The machine should have been marked "out of order". While we were waiting we did put the clothes into another washer. Then the dryer we used left marks on a shirt and and some towels. I would not use the laundry mat there, to unreliable.
4. Stone Bingo nights. The first time wasn't to bad. But candy night was awful. We were given gravel from the parking lot to use as marker. Also the men's bathroom was blocked by tables. So my 6 year old son had to use the lady's room, which he didn't like at all. The callers were awful, either to slow, to fast, or not loud enough. Since this is one of the few adult activities, you need to have more organization. The plastic makers could have been given out according to the number of cards you purchased. Thus no one gets the dirty gravel.
5. The golf course need repairs,and there was never any pencils to wrote your scores.
6. There was no changing station table at the pools for infants and toddlers.
7. Need more supervision over rough horse play at the pools. My eighteen month old granddaughter got knocked down at the lower pool by kids left unattended that were under the age of 12. We were luckly she wasn't hurt.
8. Family night swim is a nice idea, but you need more lights.
9. Need more instructions for first time visitors. The booklet in the cabin was a big help. But things like the Halloween parade and trick or treat was a little confusing.
Would we ever go again? We are not sure. We would not stay over the week-end (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday). The whole atmosphere changed. Very busy and a lot of young people in large groups. It was hard to get around the park.

Room Tip: Choose a Ranger Smith park cabin
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Hyndman, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Two friends and I took our kids to Mill Run for our third annual trip in July 2012. After tent camping previously, we rented a cabin. The cabin was very small, but workable, but it was dirty and obviously neglected. The mattresses were the worst I have ever slept on and it was very awkward to get up and down the ladder to the top bunk. Realizing this IS a campground and not a hotel, we cleaned the cabin, padded the mattresses and set about our vacation. First of all, the campground itself has always been great for the variety of things to do, however, the people working there do not promote that positive atmosphere. A new restaurant and store had opened at the upper pool and I went there to order a cake since my daughter would be having her birthday while at Jellystone. I ordered a sheet cake, serving 16, for $11.00. The employee taking the order had me write the campsite, cake flavor, etc. on a paper and she stuck it on the register. When I came in to pick up the cake, there were five employees walking around and gossiping. It took 15 minutes to get them to give me any attention. I asked for my cake and they were unable to locate it. The manager said I had never ordered one. I pulled out my receipt and showed that I had ordered a cake. I also pointed out that my order was still laying on the register. After disappearing for another five minutes,the manager substituted an icecream cake that served 6 as an "upgrade." I was furious. The cake was literally one from WalMart that can be purchased for $8.00. I did take the cake, because it was my daughter's birthday and I had no other cake for her, but I was very clear about my displeasure. Ironically enough, 4 out of 6 who ate the tiny icecream cake got sick, including my daughter who vomitted on the floor of the restroom. I was so upset about the whole thing...it was an awful experience for the kids. I did not expect a handout, nor did I ask for one. But they could have done something to make up for their mistake...like have Yogi stop by the cabin and surprise my daughter. Would that have cost anything? All in all, the great experiences of our previous visits have been virtually erased by this trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Stow, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

WE enjoy going to different campgrounds and we really loved this one. The restrooms were clean and my shower was steaming hot! just how I like it :)The water slides were alot of fun. We really enjoyed all the activities as well. I would say some of the workers dont seem happy to be at work and they acted like we were bothering them. Who wouldnt love working at Jellystone? But this wasnt everybody. The sledding down the hill is a must. Grandma even went down and laughed the whole way. The restaurant was decent. Inexpensive breakfast and we all really liked the pancakes. The pizza was really good too. This campground is located pretty close to the parks and activities. We will come back for sure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Newburgh, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stay away. They cancel your reservation last minute, don't apologize for the inconvenience or the trauma it causes your children, and hang up on you when you try to discuss the matter. The absolute worst I have ever experienced!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed at this park the last two summers and had reservations for this summer that I made last August . In Feb I received an updated bill and my rates went up 25% so I called and was told by Ron oh well if you want to stay you need to pay the new rate even though I had a receipt for my paid upcoming stay. This place has lots of quickly self made rules that only apply to certain individuals. They advertise two pools but half the time the owner rents one out for private parties and your never able to use it. The newer pool is so small compared to the size of the campground that it's elbow to elbow and FILTHY. FOR THE PRICE OF THIS PLACE YOU CAN STAY AT A NICE HOTEL OR TAKE YOUR FAMILY TO THE BEACH !!!!!!

Room Tip: stay away all together
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Uniontown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

we been going for five years with our kids is so mouch fun we injoy our salefs a lot thats way we keep going back

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

This was our third trip to this park since having kids and we have stayed here several time before kids and marriage. The bathrooms are always clean and the staff is always helpful. I recently cashed in a rewards free night and they were very helpful. Our kids love all of the activities they offer even though my son is still scarred of Yogi, he ia only 2program so I am cutting him some slack. I would defiantly recommend this park to any one one with kids of any age. There are things for all ages.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park? Share your experiences!