“Combine dirty with Keystone Kops front desk - you get one star” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Mill Hall
Fredericksburg, VA
“Combine dirty with Keystone Kops front desk - you get one star”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

In all our travels, this may just have been the very worst hotel/motel we've ever experienced. I know they have PSU football fans as hostages since all the local accommodations are so overpriced on football weekends, but come on! All we were looking for was a clean, quiet no-frills place to stay. Instead, we got:
(1) Tractor trailers lined up outside, a very bad sign
(2) Complete chaos at the front desk - the manager seemed to be the only one that had somewhat of a clue
(3) Excuses for general shabbiness and lack of housekeeping - see my photo about their "renovations." Better that they nuc the place and start over.
(4) No bedspreads - they "ran out" and told us their minimum requirement was a mattress sheet and a cover sheet
(5) Filthy room - see my picture of the wall across from our room and the alarm clock. My wife wrote "clean me" in the dust by the TV, took a picture with her IPhone, and showed the front desk when they objected initially to our characterization of the room.
When we complained, they gave us a new room....which was occupied already! We then got our third room, which was acceptable but it's a shame you have to raise a stink to get decent accommodations.
The couple across the hall from us was on their third room, too. The lady was recovering from lung cancer surgery and couldn't take the overpowering smell of whatever they spray to mask the room odor.
I could go on and on - but PLEASE - do not stay here. Check out the Hampton Inn across the parking lot - it's got to be better. Sheesh!

Room Tip: Keep complaining until they give you something habitable
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night on the way home from vacation, everything looked ok in the lobby. The room was another story however. Not very clean, tub and toilet stained. When we checked out and my wife complained, the desk clerk was indifferent at best. The Hampton across the driveway may have been a better bet.

• Stayed September 2012

Travelers are raving about these Mill Hall hotels

Nazareth, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My family stayed here when we were looking at colleges in the area, and let me tell you .....NEVER AGAIN! There's too many things that went wrong from the time we checked in to even mention. I would say my biggest complaint would be that our card key never worked. We were locked out of the building numerous times. They finally told us you can't keep you card next to a cell phone or credit cards as they deactivate the card. Would of been nice if they told us that when we checked in! The staff did not to seem to care about much of anything either.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We came upon this hotel by chance. The check-in was efficient and the staff very friendly and welcoming. The room was clean and comfortable and quiet. We found the breakfast very nice.
Bacon, eggs, waffle maker, coffee, juice, cereal, yogurt, bagels, english muffins and pastries were provided. What more could you want? I am puzzled at some of the previous reviews. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

My family stayed 2 nights ago. Got a bad feeling right off the bat. Check-in process was very unprofessional - rather low-tech. All aspects of the hotel were shabby and in need of maintenance. Toilet ran all night and leaked. We fixed it as best we could in the AM. AC fan was directed right at the bed and could not be changed. Turning it off would mean it would be a sauna in there. Room seemed dirty and even though it was a non-smoking room you could smell heavy cigarette smoke coming in through the vent in the bathroom. The bill was very close to what I booked, but when I checked my credit card account on-line they had actually charged $9.55 more, even though we didn't use anything - just slept! Called to find out why and they said all hotels add this charge for incidentals just in case we used extras or caused damage and it will be credited within 10 days. What a bunch of bullcrap!! We've stayed any many hotels and none have ever charged us more than what was on the bill. Breakfast was mediocre at best and because of the condition of the hotel I had no appetite for what they served. Stay away! !! Will dispute the charge on my card until the credit comes in and will file a report with the BBB & Choice Hotels!

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel. This one is privately owned and operated.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Petersburg PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Good check-in experience. Efficient and friendly. Our room although close to the Interstate was quiet and dark for sleeping. Very clean and Internet worked well. Breakfast was typical and good. Staff setting up breakfast was friendly and smiling at 6 am. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed here one night for an event, and found it not bad. The cost was $85 (with a block room rate). The bed was comfortable, however the pillows are a little too small and firm for my liking. I didn't sample the free breakfast, but a friend did and stated that overall it was "okay" but the staff didn't seem to keen about putting out regular coffee when he requested it. There used to be a restaurant in the hotel, but it has since closed.The room and bathroom were very clean, however the internet was slacking. However, the location puts the hotel close by a McDonald's, three restaurants one of which is a Denny's. And the hotel is easy on/off of I 80.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!