“Reminds me of a Walmart type motel-very plastic” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Myer Country Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Milford
Myer Country Motel
600 Route 6 and 209, Milford, PA 18337   |
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Milford
fauxmaven
“Reminds me of a Walmart type motel-very plastic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

Like most visitors to a budget motel,we were looking for basic lodging-
simple and clean, not any amenities and we weren't disappointed overall- I just can't believe some of the other reviews and what they said! While our room was clean and spacious nobody else mentioned the bedding which was awful! Pillows that were 2 inch slabs of foam..The mattress was bad, and they don't even provide shampoo in th bathroom. Towels were quite small and thin. Didn't expect breakfast at these modest prices-getting orange juice and coffee was nice. This would be a good place for young families as there is plenty of space to play outside. We liked Milford, but wouldn't stay here again. Too much plastic and vinyl-zero charm-like army barracks.

• Liked — clean quiet cheap
  • Disliked — horrible mattress and bedding
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

This was the only hotel in my price range that got good reviews on TripAdvisor. Even though it took a while to get a room since the owner said they're always booked (I needed 2 nights and only one was available) I booked it anyway, hoping someone would cancel so another night would open up. As luck would have it, that's exactly what happened!
The cottages are cute as can be and each has their own driveway. The furnishings are very sweet and the room was large, as clean as can be, with a fridge, and alot of touches of "home" like a variety of reading materials. Each cottage has their own little porch, complete with screen door! This would be a great place to stay when it's cooler so you can leave the screened windows open and let the fresh air in, but I still enjoyed it even in the summer!
Most of the cottages are duplexes, but neighbors seemed to be very polite, so I didn't experience any noise.
The only thing that I found a bit awkward was having to use a chair to stand on the desk to reach the A/C to adjust it (I'm short!), which is mounted in the wall nearly at the ceiling. It got old quickly when it was needing to be adjusted alot as it really gives out the cold air.
All in all, given the few choices in Milford, for something quaint and clean, this is an excellent choice!

• Liked — Quaint cottages, large room
  • Disliked — Lodge owners were lukewarm
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Warrington, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2008

We stayed one night. We finally found a motel in Milford where we would easily return. We have stayed at Mt. Haven, and found the Myer to be better. We were given cottage 12 in the back of the property. It was very quiet location. The room had a king size bed, a refrigator, and a love seat. It was a really big room. The room was spotless, the front desk was friendly and welcoming. They also served coffee and juice in the morning. The only thing missing was breakfast, but there are plenty of places to eat nearby.

• Liked — Location, cleaniness, staff, cost
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
hudson fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2007

we always go to Pa every year and this is the only place that we will stay at ... the rooms are really clean and every room is done diffrent.. The owners are great .... There was one time we went there in the winter time the snow and ice was taken care of, and they didnt care if the kids played in the snow, at first we stayed across the st and the owners there had a cow because they were playing ... They have one great room with a kitchen and thats room 11 thats our best room that we like and very roomy ..each room has their own porch,and we like that every much too... we really cant say nothing bad about it at all ... you will love it there every much when you go there.... enjoy !!!!!!!!

• Liked — the location is great and easy to get to ny and nj
  • Disliked — none !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Piscataway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2007

This was our first time staying at the Myer Country Inn and will not be our last. We normally stay at the Best Western down the road, ( We travel up to that area ay least once a month) but being they said they were booked for this past weekend, I made a call to the Myer Country Inn, and they had a vacancy, so I booked it. I add, that every time we have called to book the Myer Country Inn, they were always booked...

Getting back, I was very happy with the cottage that we stayed in. It was very clean, but did have a slight musty odor, but with the cottage being over 60 years old, is understandable and actually dissapared quickly.. The retro style was really neat and different than all of the modern places that are out there. I remember the tiled bathrooms growing up in the 1950's! The beds, I thought were quite comfortable.

The Inn-keepers were ver friendly and were able to answer some questions that were asked by us and other guests.. They do have coffe and juice in the office each morning. There is a refrigerator in each room, cable TV and wireless internet access.

Stayed April 2007
washington, dc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2006

I went to Milford over Labor Day weekend on a whim, a friend's travelling companion had to cancel and she asked me to come along. I read the other review of the Myer motel the night before we left and was excited at the prospect of a restful weekend in what sounded like a lovely property in a bucolic town.

Milford was great -- interesting stores, fabulous victorian homes, a great new modern art gallery, a couple of good restaurants we discovered. But my anticipation of peace and quiet at the Myer was not fulfilled.

I'm told I have sensitive hearing, but I had trouble sleeping with the noise from the street/highway and neighborhood kids. Plus, I enjoy lounging in bed on holiday weekends, and we were awakened by the housekeeper two mornings in a row.

My other issue was hot water. It seemed to last about 4 minutes in the shower and then turned steadily colder.

Given that I was a guest of my friend, I didn't feel it was my place to complain, but I want to let others who read these reviews to know so they have their expectations in check if they decide to stay at Myer Motel.

• Liked — Friendly Staff, Reasonable Rates
  • Disliked — Noise, lack of hot water
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2006

Since my husband and I were visiting this area for the first time, we were relying on Tripadvisor to find us the best place for a reasonable price. Although the Myer Country Motel only had one review, it was a glowing one. After checking out their website and seeing the photos of the rooms, cottages, and grounds; we decided to reserve a room. We were not dissappointed!! Everything is exactly as shown on their website and Sharon & Craig Cox were very accommodating to our needs.
We were attending our daughter's wedding and were sure to pass on our "motel find" to other wedding guests travelling to Milford and in need of a totally relaxing atmosphere. There were a few more reservations made as well and everyone fully enjoyed their stay. I would definitely stay here again and hope anyone reading our review will book with confidence and certainty that it is a wonderful place to stay. It is easy to find,very clean, extra large units and lots of running room if you are travelling with children. There is even morning coffee and orange juice to get your day started. I know you'll enjoy your stay as much as we did.

Been to Myer Country Motel? Share your experiences!