“Very clean, friendly - would stay there again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Myer Country Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Milford
Myer Country Motel
You added Myer Country Motel to your Saves list
600 Route 6 and 209, Milford, PA 18337   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Milford
“Very clean, friendly - would stay there again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Me & 3 friends checked in here after staying at a place the night before with no heat, a highway 20ft from the window & no running water (til the repair guy let himself in around midnight to fix it). Terrible experience.

We booked a night at the Meyer Country Motel after seeing the excellent TripAdvisor reviews & the great price. It was a great find. The room was very clean, spacious, the bathroom had fresh towels, the courtyard outside was nice to look at & the coffee & orange juice at the office in the AM was a nice touch. Also, the guy at the front desk was very friendly & recommended a delicious local restaurant for dinner. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Union City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent a night here on our travels in the poconos. The individual feel of the cabins was fantastic. The room was large, basic and had a nice/cozy feel. The personal porch is a great touch as well. The folks there were fantastic. When we left we found a pair of glasses underneath the bed and put them on the dresser. The manager or owner guessed the cafe we were eating in and drove out to return the glasses. She went way out of her way. Too bad they were not ours so we felt bad yet felt great for great service and care.

Only thing is during the winter make sure to call ahead to have the heat turned on or turn on and go for dinner (what we did). I takes a couple of hours to warm up if left cold from night before.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Craig C, Manager at Myer Country Motel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your review. We hope you enjoyed Milford and our Motel.Please come back during the Summer and enjoy the porches and a little warmer weather. Thanks!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stay there for two nights, checking in at Saturday and checking out at Monday morning. We live in the NYC and decide to try somewhere quiet. The rating for this place was nice and not that far of a drive. However, my overall stay was just "okay", here's the reason why.

Pros:
-Spacious clean room.
-Plenty of towels and condiments.
-The owners are nice.

Cons:
-Old school TV, and the screen gets fuzzy off and on while we try to watch the football game on Sunday. I used to have those TVs when I was a kid, so I try moving the wires a little bite, not perfect but does the job.
-Hard mattress, I had back pains all day.
-Flush the toilet two to three times to get everything clear.

We didn't eat anything on Saturday so we grab something to eat at Milford Diner, and few hours later I got really sick, I am guessing its the coleslaw. The weekend was ruined for me because I too sick to do any activities that we planned to do. We left early Sunday night, because I can't bare another night with that hard mattress. We both agreed that heading home was the happiest thing throughout this whole trip.

This motel only lost a star for their hard mattresses but everything else was good. I won't be going back in the future because of the back pains.

• Stayed January 2013
littleoxer, Manager at Myer Country Motel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Our plans for the near future are to update the TV's and replace the mattresses after we remodel 4 bathrooms. Every year we try to do a project to make this Motel a great place to stay.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We went here for a nice, quiet, relaxing weekend getaway with our kids. We wanted to introduce the kids to some peace and quiet and nature. While it met that expectation, it was a little too quiet. I felt like my kids were bothering other guests. I would never intend for that to be the case. My kids had a blast. They loved the room, loved the porch of our private little cabin and loved the gorgeous green lawn and tall trees. I just felt they were loud (as kids will be kids) and bothering other guests. I would probably take them here again when they are a little older and can appreciate the serenity. Otherwise, it's the perfect weekend getaway for a couple, sans children, looking for a little romance or just plain peace and quiet to enjoy nature.

The service was great. Nice family run, old fashioned hospitality that you just can't find anywhere else these days. Gorgeous property. Nice, quiet cabins with good old fashioned country front porches to sit and relax on and enjoy the great outdoors. I would highly recommend this motel to anyone without young children.

There is not much to do within close proximity, so if you're looking for some downtime and some nice quiet dinners at some local restaurants, this is the place. We will go back someday.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review. Children are always welcome here. Canoeing down the river when your kids are old enough might be a lot of fun for them.
Milford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I booked this hotel for my inlaws when they came to visit in June of this year. I wouldn't actually call it a hotel. They rent out beautiful cabins! The cabin had 2 beds and a bathroom. There's a front porch on the cabin and a grassy area in the middle of all the cabins. This grassy area has a couple of grills with all the utensils you might need for a barbecue. Just bring food and charcoal. There's also a couple of picnic tables. I loved this place! The porches have chairs for you to sit in and the property backs up to woods and through the woods is the river. It's a country like setting. The road that the motel sits off of dies around 7pm. Hardly any traffic at all after that. The cabins were very clean and the area is great for kids as they have room to run around and play within eyesight. I would recommend the Myer Motel to anyone staying in this area. I would also recommend that you book in advance because many nights their no vacancy sign is lit. They fill fast! Interstate 84 is about a 5 minute drive as well as many restaurants and stores. Very convenient to everything.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the review.
HIGHLAND LAKES
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Loved this place! Clean as can be and very homey. The room was spacious and comfortable. The front porch would great in summer. innkeepers were very kind and helpful. All around great stay. Plenty of room for a family here. VERY reasonable rates. Will definitely come again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review. The porches are great during the summer. I know I am doing my job when people are sitting outside and reading or just enjoying the porch.
Bloomfield Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Very friendly owners/staff. Worth the fair price for the cabins. I liked the family atmosphere of the rooms. They were clean and roomy. We had Cabin 11 with two queen beds. Plenty of room for four people; however, it was just my husband and me. Beds were comfortable. It took a few minutes to get the baseboard heat going, but then we really needed to dial it back. Plenty warm enough. The bathroom was clean and updated. Only complaints were that there isn't a coffee maker in the room (you have to go to the office for coffee) and there isn't a microwave. There is a small refrigerator. It would've been nice to have a microwave on top. We would've been able to reheat our leftovers then. Definitely will stay there again when we're in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for Cabin 11; it's a single building at the end of the back row. Lots of privacy and quiet.