“The best pizza and Italian fare in Milford, by far!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Milford, Pennsylvania
“The best pizza and Italian fare in Milford, by far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I am pleased to be the first person to rate John's of Arthur Avenue. It's been open, in the Lumberyard Shops of Milford, for about a year or so, but we only found it this past Spring. Now, I'm from New York City, and probably am a little picky about my pizza -- and Italian fare. But, John's of Arthur Avenue brings the best of NYC to Pike County!

We dine there frequently -- at least once every two weeks -- and have never been disappointed. Their antipasta is incredible, both in presentation and selection... the best I've had anywhere (including the other competitors in the area, my old haunts in NYC, and even the places we've dined in Italy). Having enjoyed a variety of main entrees, I can tell you that nothing will disappoint. And, the pizza -- ah, the pizza -- the best I've ever had. From a simple margherita that would make you feel like you're dining in the streets of Naples, to the Sunday Sauce Pizza (nothing else like it in the world), to great heros and sandwiches (all perfectly prepared and presented), this is fast becoming THE place for great Italian food in Pike County.

The atmosphere, if you dine-in, is definitely 'pizza cafe' style, with faux brick walls, tables and chairs that are nothing fancy, and a counter that is always busy. If the weather is nice, and you're ordering something lighter, enjoy dining outside or go down to the town park and just relax there. Best of all, if you're local like we are, they deliver all the way out Twin Lakes (and perhaps beyond) -- a first for our area. And delivery is always pleasant and quick.

So, if you're going to Milford, you have to try this place. It will fast become your favorite Italian restaurant / pizza shop aruond (my sister from NYC now even takes stuff home from there -- that's how good it is!)

• Visited November 2012