“Save yourself from a horrible experience!” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Milford, Pennsylvania
“Save yourself from a horrible experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My friend and I had lunch on the porch on June 9, and will never go back. The drinks came quickly, but we finished those before we even saw the surly waitress back to take our order. Then we waited for 45 minutes for the food! There was no action with food deliveries for any of the tables, so we wondered whether there was a problem in the kitchen. But the waitress never even bothered to offer an explanation for the delay. When the food finally arrived, it was pretty disgusting. My friend ordered the prime rib sandwich with melted Swiss cheese - oh my, it came up on a soggy piece of white bread and I have never before seen prime rib look like steak-ums floating in a googey grey gravy. Also, there was no Swiss cheese, which the waitress explained away as the dish did not include Swiss cheese. My friend asked to see a menu, and showed the waitress that it should have cheese, but then the waitress replied, "well, your friend got the last of the cheese on her Reuben."! As for my Reuben, it appeared to be made with ham instead of corned beef, and when this was brought to the attention of the waitress, she vehemently insisted it was corned beef. I have never before had pale pink corned beef that tasted exactly like ham.
So save yourself from a horrible experience at Tom Quick, and instead have lunch at Bar Louis or the Dimmick Inn! Both of these places are adequate to very good, depending upon what you order, and are within close walking distance.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Awful, simply put, just awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The hostess was sweet, but LOOKOUT, the waitress was surly, and disgruntled. Half the items on the menu we not available, and this was at 6:30pm.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
State College, PA
“Not So Quick Tom Quick”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

With the lack of outdoor seating on a beautiful day in Milford PA, the porch of the Tom Quick Inn was one of the only choices. The drinks and food was mediocre at best. The worst part of the experience was the service. It was not busy at all yet more time was spent waiting than anything else. I thought service would be better at the bar inside, but unfortunately I was wrong. The place is not worth the wait.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Heredia, Costa Rica
“Nice to sit on the porch..but terrible food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We used to love this place years ago but the quality of the food is nothing like it used to be. We loved sitting on the porch in the sun...nice waitress...but terrible food! Cold and tasteless. Definitely will not be back.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
tafton
“Great People, Service But Food Is Not That Good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Used to love to go to the Tom Quick a long time ago-saw it was open and stopped for dinner. The service and all the people we had dealings with were great. Sat on the porch which is a plus.
We both ordered the Rib eye special. My fries were like MacDonalds' but lower quality frozen. And cold! My friends baked potato had a few black areas that could be seen when it was cut in half in the kitchen. The bruschetta appetizer was dry and definately been around for a while. Dinner came with bread-One roll each. The steaks were cooked perfectly as ordered but not very tasty.
I felt bad since everyone was so nice-but they definately need to change some things in the kitchen. Fresh cut fries. more quality control checking, etc.
Think this place could be great again with a little change----Do Not Change the Servers.

• Visited April 2012