“relaxing rendezvous” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Country Inn
Dallas, Pennsylvania
“relaxing rendezvous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The plan was to find a half-way point to meet my cousins from Monticello, NY and Wilkes-Barre PA where we reside. Milford PA was the idea that my cousins offered and River Rock Inn was the desination for dinner, their suggestion too. I have the most brilliant family! This is a quiet place tucked down a off-the-highway street. Small and intimate rooms which ignite a quiet hush speaking voice. We sat by the fireplace which warmed us on a cold windy night and renewed our friendship. I think being friends with family is a satisfying accomplishment. The menu offererings varied; therefore, we all got to pick and choose according to our tastebuds. Every morsel of food from soup to dessert combined a spicy-sweet taste that excited our palates. The chef/owner, Ken Pisciotta, blends the ingredients which enhances, not overpowers the fish, chicken, and meat dish ordered. Pleasant wait staff assist the guests in this fine-dining experience. I would say this is a win-win restaurant. We all agreed to return to this delightful spot again because there is no better place to meet family and friends then the River Rock Inn.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New York City, New York
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

5 STAR SCORE
Beautiful Inn
This is one of the States Best kept Secrets.
Shrimp Firecrackers to start and Praline-Coated Salmon Filet as my dinner.
The Staff and Ken-are amazing.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Long Beach Island, New Jersey
“luncheon on the porch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

A hidden gem. Great food and good service. Fried zucchini light and delicious. Soups were excellent. Sandwiches were delicious and so big you can share them!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hamilton, New Jersey
“Best birthday dinner ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

We sat on the beautiful wrap around porch on a lovely evening. Server Danny G was attentive & informative, great job Danny! We read about the chef & the fact that the "hell's kitchen" crew had been there. We were not disappointed. Danny recommended an excellent Pinot noir, and the pork chop I ordered which was gigantic, cooked perfectly & fork tender with a crunchy light breaking, shiitake mushrooms and fresh zuchini, yellow carrot veggie accompaniment. We shared firecracker shrimp app (to die for) and had the soup of the day zuchini bisque (wow) & their regular mushroom bisque (excellent!). My husband had filet mignon...whic he likes cooked to death. Danny didn't bat an eye when he recommended we let chef butterfly it & it too was fork tender & excellent. We also got dessert, peach pie (OMG!) & I had blueberry creme brûlée--I'm not sure I will ever have another that could top this one. This was one of those perfect dinners/perfect nights. But something tells me this place always has these!

Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Good food, and, mercifully, a B&B room upstairs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We went to the River Rock Inn in the first place because it was a bed and breakfast place within the town of Milford, PA, then found out that they had a recommended restaurant. The room was OK, two staircases up and with typical B&B carpeting and bedspreads, but adequate for what we needed. The restaurant is very good with a surprisingly good wine list, and an attractive menu. The portions are enormous, my (well-cooked) pork chop could easily have been enough for the two of us.

• Visited July 2012