“I recommend this for its very good food and excellent service.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Country Inn
Hawley, Pennsylvania
“I recommend this for its very good food and excellent service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Located on a country road. The hostess and staff were attentive but not intrusive. There are several rooms. The side room with many windows is quieter than others. Music on Saturday night added to the ambience. We will be back again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Macungie, Pennsylvania
“Excellent dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

Enjoyed a delicious rack of lamb dinner, Perfectly prepared and served by a very attentive and friendly staff, Very comfortable and attractive dining areas furnished with period antiques.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wayne, PA
“Porch dining at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

My husband and I were visiting the area from Philly and ate at the River Rock two nights in a row...not because there weren't places to choose from.. we just liked the food and atmosphere so much.

Delicious mushroom bisque, fresh salads and savory Italian dishes. Quiet, peaceful atmosphere away from the two main and very busy roads of Milford. Excellent service and porch atmosphere made the experience feel both local and like Milford.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Jersey
“Disappointment at River Rock”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Came to this restaurant for a special occassion with friends. Hostess is pleasant and amiable, probably the best part. Found us a seat in the preferred closed off porch area, very nice.
The food; appetisers a mixed bag, soup is as good as described above. Satay is dry and immediately forgetful, peanut sauce is cloying. Fried Calamari is doughy and chewy. Entrees; Veal chop, sirloin, tuna, porkchop. All were radically undercooked. The porkchop was red and raw in the middle, sent back. The others were supposedly premium cuts at very premium prices $33 - $36, so we gave it our all to eat it rare. I could not cut the steak, with a sharpe steak knife. The other two entrees went uneaten after a couple of bites. This is a party of four big guys. Everything went into a bag for the dogs. $300.
The smores creme brulee? I guess you should be smacked for ordering a frankenstein classic, and true to form, it was pretty scary. The fruit pie and peanutbutter mousse were passable. .

Had to physically get up and find the waitress twice. In an empty restaurant. Wait service is not remotely close to offering 3 or 4 star service. They are kids, mostly wandering around aimlessly, except for our waitress who was mostly MIA. We were the last to go, except for the blazingly drunk people at the bar. Safe home.
I would rather drive around in town to find something easy and price appropriate. Or put my kids through college.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
rivrock, Owner at River Rock Inn American Bistro, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
As the owner of this restaurant I pride myself in the food that my kitchen team prepares and the service that is given by my front of the house team. I truly appologize on your terrible experience and would not want to charge anyone for unexceptable products. I feel that even passable is not acceptable but only an enjoyable dining experience is what all of my guest are coming here for and what i am entitled to supply. if we dropped the ball in any way i will accept full responsibility so please call me at 570-296-7177 and let me know what night that you dined here and i will void your credit card transaction or mail you a check if you paid in cash.
Ft Myers, FL and Milford, PA
“A hidden Gem in Milford”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Went to The River Rock Inn as we heard it was a new place in town and the food is very good. We were not disappointed!

As mentioned previously, the mushroom bisque is the best I've had ! We shared several appetizers including beef & chicken satay...excellent, the beef was especially tender! We also had mushroom raviolli with gorgonzolla cheese sauce which was also offered as a main course ( I think it would be too rich for a main course). We had the quesidila appetizer, also gorgonzolla with carmelized onions and tomato and mushrooms,,,nice flaky crust! The filet mignon was large and cooked perfectly with nice fresh vegetables and mashed potatoes. The dessert list looked great but we couldn't eat anymore!

The atmosphere is cozy, like a trip back in time with the porch and sun room. The staff is welcoming and service was very good despite a full house with a private party of 30 in a side room.

We are just hoping foe wine pairing dinners in the future!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere