“Older hotel, price is right for Milesburg, PA” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   971 N. Eagle Valley Road, I-80 Exit 158, Milesburg, PA 16853 (Formerly Ramada Milesburg)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Milesburg
White Plains, New York, United States
“Older hotel, price is right for Milesburg, PA”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stopped in late on a drive from Ohio to NYC. Price was right ($59 w/ coupon), room was clean, and had a couch/fridge/desk. It seems as if the hotel had several amenities we did not take advantage of - pool, breakfast, etc. The check in process was easy and the agent was helpful. Bed was pretty uncomfortable and pillows were positively dreadful but the room, bed, and bathroom were clean. Hallway carpet was in dire need of replacement.

Room Tip: Hotel is two story but does not have an elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for reviewing our property on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your candor.

I am happy that you were able to take advantage of our coupon rate and that our staff was helpful upon check in.

We sure hope to see you again soon.

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

we chose the location where we are at because of its location Near a good restaurant the staff has been extremely friendly helpful rooms are quiet well equipped the bed is extremely comfortablemy wife and I stopped in here for business because my trip was going in the shop the nearest town of Altoona Pennsylvania all the motels were both there because of a special events so we came here to this motel the price was good reasonable for being a commercial driverparking lot was decent size that I can bring my tractor in but I've been in the way with other customersand also this is a very pet friendly motel scratch that hotelthe prices for the pet policy is only $10 but if you have a service dog it is free of charge that's good

• Stayed June 2014
Scott M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your response on trip advisor.

We all enjoyed geting to know you during your stay. We sure hope to see you again in the future.

Highland, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went to Penn State for a graduation and the Quality Inn was close, however it was grossly overpriced. The same room was $89 regularly and we were charged $345.00 because of the graduation . The room was very dirty, mold on the walls and ceiling. Actually triggered Asthma in one of my party. Took over two weeks to get some restitution, and if I was not persistent I would have gotten nothing. The manager was only receptive when I told him I had photos. They need to put the quality back in the inn. If I paid the normal rate of $89, then I would not have been so upset.

Room Tip: Not sure if they have good rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Scott M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your response.

I do remember the situation. I'm sorry that we handled it so poorly. I didn't realize at the time that you felt the way you did. I apologize again.

Scott Mangene

Travelers are raving about these Milesburg hotels

Ellington, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We hit metal debris on I-80 eastbound in Pennsylvania en route from Ohio to our home in CT. Stranded with a disabled vehicle, our tow truck dropped us off at this hotel.

My husband was on the phone with our insurance company for quite a while after arriving, so I took our three children into the lobby and inquired about availability and pricing. The kind clerk gave us the 'distressed traveler rate' of $69 which I felt was generous. In the meantime, I asked if the kids could stay in the beautiful lobby and watch TV, she readily agreed. The clerk went above and beyond to help us that night....from being helpful with the children when we were stressed and figuring out the details of our predicament, to more towels, helping us with food options at 10 PM.

The breakfast the next morning was great. Again, a very kind and helpful employee was refreshing!

The downside: although the main areas of the hotel were tastefully decorated and up to date, our room left much to be desired. Furniture was old. Ugly bedspreads, ancient TV. Didn't feel real comfortable with the kids flopping around in the room as it showed lots of use. Seemed clean, but just out-dated and furniture was very dinged up.

The hotel's saving grace in our opinion was the superb staff's accommodating us and their friendliness! THIS FACTOR IS MISSING IN MANY HIGH-STAR HOTELS, FOLKS!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Scott M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

It is so nice to hear that our staff made your stay with us memorable. We have terrific people working at The Quality Inn Milesburg. They make me proud each and every day.

I hope that your trip went a little more smoothly after your stay.

Toledo, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked this hotel based on the reviews at the time. The picture of the inside is NOT what the inside looks like. One of the dressers was broken and one of the electrical outlets near the bed was off the wall and the one on the opposite wall was taped over.
The staff was very nice and the free breakfast was fine. The room was clean, however, you could tell that ALL the rooms must have been smoking rooms by the faint smell of smoke. I am sure it was embedded in the walls, curtains and carpet.
I know that in parts of PA the hotels are far and few, but they should be rated as they are, not by what there is around.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Scott M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I appreciate your candor. We do have some issues here and try very hard to offset them with service and cleanliness. I was happy to see that our highest scores were service oriented. I will be sure to pass the message along to the staff.

Nashua, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I am self employed and I travel a fair amount. I don’t have a corporate office to set things up, I don’t get corporate discounts and/or points. I have to get things done on my own. I don’t have a travel office that I can call into so I have to use things like a hotspot and a tablet computer while I’m on the road to make my own arrangements. I’ve mainly counted on Priceline to take care of my hotels but I have a high enough IQ to know that using Priceline is a dangerous game… very similar to Russian Roulette. Most times, you only hear the click, but then there are the times when you don’t hear anything …..that’s because it went off!!

Let’s just start 2 weeks ago.
- We drove to VA for a job. We “Priceline” a couple hotel rooms and get a really nice place in Richmond, VA. It was a 3.5 star (Sheraton) and the place was perfect! I got it through the “Express Deal” selection as I’ve had bad experiences dealing with the bid process. THIS IS GREAT, Life is good and there are 0 complaints. THANKS!

- On the following Monday, we drove to Dayton OH. We didn’t know if we’d make it all the way there so we decided to see how far we got before made plans. Well, we were lucky enough to have made it all the way through. I stopped on the side of the highway and did another express deal on a 3 star hotel (Marriott Residence). It was a nice, clean hotel in the middle of a busy section of town. NO complaints. Thank you!

- Our job went late on Thursday so we left Dayton (towards home) at about 4:30Pm. Again, we made no plans because we didn’t know how far we’d get. … At about 11:00p, we needed fuel and decided to look for a hotel. We pulled off Rt 80 in PA to get fuel and I fired up my hotspot and my pad and went to Priceline. Well, apparently, we were looking at 2 hotels that were in eyesight of the gas station that were only 2 star (this becomes important later). They looked reasonable but hey, we’re hotel snobs at this point, we want at least a 3 star hotel. I searched on Priceline’s map to see where the closest 3 or 3.5 star hotel was. It was only another 85 miles!! So I figured that if I hustled there I could be checking in just after midnight….. “LETS DO IT”

We get back on the road, all happy that at least we’ll have a great hotel room waiting for us. Well. we take the exit and drive right past the truck stop and “Quality Inn” … that is until the English lady in my GPS reminded me that the address was behind us. …. We look at each other … “Nooo”…. “Noooooooo, it can’t be, right??” Oh yeah…it totally WAS!! So we turn around in a parking lot and come back to where the GPS told us to go. We were going very slow, hoping that it’d be the wrong address but behold, there it is! DAMN!! So we pull in the lot, between the massive amount of tractor trailers and the dated building. There is silence between us because our high hopes of having a comfy cozy room…..vanished, right before our eyes!! No, instead, we walked into a 1970's check in area. The clerk informed us that we’d be staying in “Smoking rooms” … OK, that’s it!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!! He relented and put us in their “better” room on the second floor.
So, the clerk gives us keys and we start walking down the hall…..we’re walking back and forth…”where is the elevator?” Finally, we walk back to the clerk and ask… “Oh, we don’t have one, the stairs are right there on your left.” … as if we weren’t deflated enough, we head over to the stairs. So let me describe the stairs to the best of my ability; They are covered in medium green carpet but the traffic areas are matted down and filthy. There are stains covering the landings and every step we take is another level of defeat!! When we get to the top, the strangely wide hallways are covered in the same medium green carpet with just as much staining. “Oh my god, is that a giant blood stain”????
We trudge to our rooms completely defeated, ready and willing to offer our lives to the psycho killer that would break down our door and ease the pain by shooting us in the head…. Suffice it to say, I’m hoping to block it out of my mind in the same way a kid that has been mauled by a dog has to block the memory out…. I’m sure that years later, I’ll be waking up in bed screaming.

Keep in mind that we checked in after midnight…..we both chose to (even though we were in different rooms and hadn't spoken about it till the morning) sleep in our clothes (on top of the bed) and we both got up and were ready to get on the road at 5am. We took turns driving so that we could get some sleep in the much more comfortable Toyota Tundra passenger seat! It’s that kind of 3 star comfort that you gave us…. Congrats, Priceline!! You’ve ruined all the good faith that you’ve previously earned!!

I wish I had taken pictures to prove this description of the place but I'm sure the Forensic Department of the local police department has some you could see. Call them!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Scott M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I apologize for your experience during your stay. I do thank you for your comments so that we can make the stays of future guests more enjoyable.

Good Luck with your future endeavors.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The heavy, thick, mildew smell is the first thing you notice, it's overwhelming. The carpets are stained and really gross, showers fluctuate between boiling and freezing, the rooms are falling apart. There are "band aid" improvements, low flow shower heads, curved shower rod. I did appreciate that the linens and mattresses are new, even if the mattress is topped with an 80's dust cover and sitting on a sagging box spring. The rooms are extremely dilapidated and need to be gutted.

They received two stars only because of the incredible staff. I reserved four rooms for two nights, and almost cried when I inspected the rooms. The front desk was exceedingly accommodating, friendly, and understanding as they gave me room key after room key so I could find four of their least decaying, non-smoking rooms. Housekeeping is doing the best they can, the rooms are vacuumed and whipped down and linens are fresh, white, and clean. The maintenance crew can be seen move from task to never-ending-task and were very nice. Oh and breakfast was good and the people were friendly.

We ended up making the best of a disappointing and mildew-rot-smelling situation. I clipped my car air fresher to the air conditioner. We made a joke of free wakeup call - 5am on the train side or 6am on the east facing side (the blackout curtains are, you guessed it, broken). There is also a nice state park 10 miles down the road which offers plenty of fresh air.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I would, however, be interested in a reality show featuring the people who gave this hotel 4-5 stars.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Scott M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor.

I do apologize for your experience. It is so important to hear these types of comments as unpleasant as they are. I assure you, I take these surveys wit utmost importance and use them to improve the experience of future guests.

I am pleased that our staff was so helpful. They are terrific and I will pass along the message. Thank you

Quality Inn Milesburg
814.355.7521

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!