“Nice Hotel ... Great Price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Middletown/Harrisburg East

You added Days Inn Middletown/Harrisburg East to your Saves list
Days Inn Middletown/Harrisburg East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   815 South Eisenhower Boulevard, Middletown, PA 17057 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Harrisburg Airport Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Middletown
Oswego NY
“Nice Hotel ... Great Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

We stayed here for one night on our way to Washington DC. Our room was clean and comfortable. We ate dinner in the restaurant and were completely satisfied. There isn't a huge menu but it was much better than eating at the Wendy's next door. We didn't use the pool but is looked clean. We got a great rate on Priceline which totally made the stay worth it. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

I stayed here for a good price. I thought it would meet my expectations and for the price it did, however do not expect to stay here if you are told that there will be Assembly of God worshippers staying at the same time as your stay. You would expect these kids to be monitored but with over three (300) hundred kids it was a complete zoo. I didn't know if I was in a hotel or a daycare facility. The hotel should have done a better job, (1) monitoring these "kids" and (2) they should have tried to separate them between each floor. The hotel seem to laugh it off when I mentioned that my stay was very noisey. If you need some peace and quiet, make sure you inquire who wil be staying there. The hotel room ran out of hot water and the shower head was loose from the wall, also the exhaust fan for the bathroom did not work.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Danielson, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2009

When I first got to my room my comforter had cigarette burns in it and the sheets looked like they had stains. I had them changed the next day and still got a comforter with a cigarette burn. The bedding seemed outdated and the bed was hard and uncomfortable. The heat/ac didnt seem to stay at a happy medium, i was always too hot or too cold. On a good note, the bathroom was immaculate each day. The shower had good pressure and drained well.
The hotel had free continental breakfast. The bagels seemed hard and old, the juice was not very good, and the coffee was awful. After the first couple days, I found the waffles to be decent. The hotel also had a restaurant/bar. I rarely saw anyone in the restaurant and never went so I can't say how good that was. The bar had more people in it towards the middle of the week.
The hotel also had a fitness center, with two treadmills, an elliptical, and a weight machine--I used the treadmill and it seemed to work fine. There was also an indoor pool and sauna across the hall, never saw anyone in it, the pool looked dirty.
There are soda vending machines on each floor and a snack machine on the first floor. There is also a few arcade games for kids on the first floor. In the lobby there were two computers and a printer for guests. The hotel supposedly has free wifi, never tried it out as i had my aircard.
Not too much to do around here after 5. We went to the casino/racetrack one night, which was about 25 mins away.
Not all rooms are suites!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Annapolis, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

We exited the PA trnpk on Fri night & there it was! A driveway to unload & plenty of vehicle prkg. Check-in was smooth & quick & there were free cookies on the counter. I still got the AAA discount even though I forgot to show my card @ check-in. The hotel was full w/youth teams, wedding parties & airline crew but there were 2 elevators & people were friendly.The lobby is nice & large w/2 free internet monitors set up on a desk. Our king room was average,decorated in dark colors. The a/c wasn't on & the fridge/micro were missing but was brought in promptly after notifying the front desk. The pool was open 7am-10pm but we didn't try it out. The exercise room was small but included a treadmill/stairclimber. The vending machine in the tiny game room had varied items & worked. There were about 8 video games to play. We didn't feel like driving for dinner so we turned on the a/c & went downstairs to the Shadetree Restaurant that was open til 10PM. Unfortunately, there was only 1 waitress tending diners & the bar. We were served food an hour later after watching food served @ a table that arrived after us. Waitress was sunny & apologized but one of the excuses was a fresh batch of rice was being prepared however the dish contained instant rice when it arrived. The vegetables were scorched & the meatleaf had been reheated so often it was hard. We didn't finish our meal. The waitress offered free desert but we declined-reeling over a $40 bill that included 2-YingLings (isn't that made in PA?)
The free hot breakfast is only hot waffles, no meat like @ the Best Western in Chincoteague but the dining area was spacious & there was plenty of milk,juices, muffins, cereal - the coffee was muddy. We left & ate @ the Bob Evans a mile down the road.
the t.v. remote wasn't easy to use but you could complete hotel surveys w/ it. The bathroom contained the shower/tub/toilet & the sink was in the alcove along w/the hairdryer & iron/bd. The water pressure was fantastic & the water was warm as soon as you opened the tap. There were 2 extra pillows for the bed. A loveseat, w/coffee table & comfortable desk w/internet hook-up directions. The townspeople were friendly & The Capitol Diner is opened 24 hours - served a good breakfast. The Hillside Cafe is a fantastic steakhouse about 5 miles from the hotel on I83. Our bill was under $50 including desert & we were finished w/i 55 minutes of arriving on a Saturday night.
We would stay here again especially since the motel boards nearby showed higher prices on their ad boards.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — restaurant
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
St. Louis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2008

Another Hotwire hotel rated a 3, but more like a 2. I was disappointed with the room and the hotel overall. It just gave me a bit of a dirty feeling. A stagnant, musty smell in the room, like this one had, is always a turn off. I didn't see anything good about this hotel.

• Liked — easy highway access
  • Disliked — smelly room
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2008

I stayed here with my son while visiting the attractions in the area. Close to Hershey

The staff was always pleasant.

However, the hotel seemed full due to some sort of conference. The first morning we went for the continental breaksfast. Very crowded, lines for some of the food. Overflowing garbage cans despite several staff repeatedly walking by them. The second day, it was crowded again. The food offerings has shrunk considerably and when I inquired, I was told they were out.

We left and I stopped and complained at the front desk, they seemed concerned but never asked my name or room number so I knew they weren't really interested in what I had to say.

Third morning the crowds were gone but they had not stocked up on the food at all and the food offerings were even less diverse than the day before.

The pool was cold and dirty. The first night my son tried it and couldn't stay in (he usually can get used to it) I ran into a maintenance tech and mentioned it and he said the heat had not been turned on properly and it would be fine the next day.

Second day still just as cold. When I complained about the hotel not being prepared in their breakfast area for the large crowds, I also complained about the pool. They seemed genuinely puzzled that I thought there was a problem.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

Just stayed here one night to be close to the airport, and boy am I glad! The hotel was not dirty, just old and in desperate need of remodeling. Room and bed was okay, but would not want to stay there again. Swimming pool was cloudy, and tile floor in swimming area very dirty and hairy. Would be too scared to use the sauna. Weight room? Very small. We took our son to the gameroom to play video games. We played 4 games, and none of them worked properly. My son walked away from 3 games with time remaining just because he was frustrated. The only good thing about this area was that it was close to the airport. I'm sure there are other hotels just as close. Keep looking.

• Liked — Easy to airport
  • Disliked — Needs updating. Too expensive for what we got.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Days Inn Middletown/Harrisburg East? Share your experiences!