“Typical for a low cost hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Middletown/Harrisburg East

You added Days Inn Middletown/Harrisburg East to your Saves list
Days Inn Middletown/Harrisburg East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   815 South Eisenhower Boulevard, Middletown, PA 17057 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Harrisburg Airport Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Middletown
Spring Lake, MI
“Typical for a low cost hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I am quite leery of Best Western properties, but the "premier" and "plus" properties are generally acceptable to very good. This hotel is a Best Western "plus." It was not bad for one night, but did not live up to expectations, especially considering the cost. It was over $80.00 for a room with a value of maybe $50.00.

The walls in the room are in desperate need of cleaning and painting! Really: How hard is it to give the walls a fresh coat of paint every now and then? I wouldn't sit on the sofa. It looked like they dragged it out of the dumpster in the back alley. The fabric was worn, dirty, and had a huge rip on one corner. Also, the carpets appear to be ready to be replaced. It was difficult to tell whether they were worn, dirty, or both. The room, however, was generally clean. The bed was clean (the most important thing, right?), but not particularly comfortable. Also, the breakfast is very minimal. I hope you like waffles. And there is not much in the way of restaurants or other businesses in the immediate area. The motel is fine for one night; but if you are planning an extended stay in Harrisburg, look elsewhere. I would have expected a bit more from a Best Western Plus.

Room Tip: It's a crap shot, really. But request something on the end of the motel opposite the highway...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Problems include 1)Slow Wifi 2) 5/6 Ice machines broken 3) Promised pool and restaurant no delivery. 5) rooms look like they haven't been updated since 90's(old alarm clocks,phones, TV, Furniture, and bed spreads.) 6) Maintenance issues including broken handles, shower curtain rods, and hot=cold faucets. For the $60 price tag you might have well stayed at $20 motel. You pay the extra $40 for the name Best Western. I was shocked that this Best Western was so bad because I've always had great experiences at them and I feel this one isn't worthy of the name. I must say it was clean and that is the only reason I'm giving it 2 stars.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Spokane, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We booked this for the convenience of the airport shuttle only to find out that the shuttle doesn't run until 7:00. They did arrange a taxi for us at our expense. Plus our credit card was charged 10 more than than our check out slip.
The room looked nothing like the photos on this site. It was dirty and dated. The beds are the flat springy old mattresses. The carpet has not been vaccuumed around the edges for a very long time! The bathroom was dingy and mold spots and splatters of unknown origin above the shower.
The night check- in clerk was barely civil.
Very disappointing!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Oceanside, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have been staying here since 2007 (2-3 times per year) and this is a great very convenient hotel with a good bar and a fiendly staff. It is close to Fort Indiatown Gap DC metro downtown Harrisburgh and the IAP at Harrisburgh. If you are transiting 81 from either NYC or the eastern seaboard this is a great stop and you will not be disappointed

Room Tip: ask for the lower floors
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

It all started with 1-800BestWestern making our reservations at the wrong hotel. This hotel is dungy, and extremely run down. Only 2 staff members on duty for the WHOLE hotel, they were courteous, but you need more staff when there is a big event in town. Let's start with the pool and lounge being closed for "renovations". Not only did they not disclose this to the group that secured the rates until right before the event, but we didn't even know until we arrived! We checked in to our 2 rooms...The bathroom had mold across the seam from the wall to the ceiling (someone tried to cover it up with caulk and paint), the room was musty, the room wasn't "stocked" with the stuff to make coffee (we had purchased a suite for the extra ammenities). We ask the front desk for more pillows and we receive ones with brown stains on them! Dead bug on the floor in the bathroom. We ran the hot water because we heard people saying there wasn't any, well, sure enough, no hot water!!! Told the front desk, the response was there wasn't a maintanence person on duty!! DUH!!! Call someone!! All this happened within 2 hours as well!!! Thank GOD that the manager at the Best Western Premier down the road was able to "adjust" things and get us a room there (which is where we were supposed to be to start with). I would AVOID this hotel at all costs!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Owings, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed at this hotel as part of a group visiting for an event. Was alarmed by the recent reviews. Called the hotel before our arrival and shared my concerns. Manger assured us the reviews were not accurate.
Overall the hotel is not luxurious but clean, tidy and comfortable. The rooms are smaller than I am used to. The TV and some furniture are outdated but worked well. Staff was polite and courteous. There has been upgrades to the bathrooms, and physical structures but some of the carpeting is old and dated. Breakfast is not fancy but adequate. Overall our stay was better than expected given the negative reviews we read before coming. I also had the opportunity to visit other rooms on the 3rd and 5th floor with friend and they were not much different from ours(we stayed on the 6th floor). Would I stay at this hotel again? Sure would.

Room Tip: Stay on the 6th floor if you don't like heavy traffic. The meeting halls on the first floor are...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Richmond,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I didn't check tripadvisor before booking this hotel (won't make that mistake again!). The photos on their website are NOT representative of what the rooms look like, at least, not the one I was given.
I booked this hotel for two nights 1/7/13 checking out 1/9/13 and was excited about the location, and appearance of the rooms based on their website. I checked in with a lady who was nice enough, signed the papers for the two nights and went to my room. As soon as I got on my floor, I realized that the carpet didn't even seem like it was installed properly (in the hallway). I opened the door to my room and was in disbelief. The linens were not the nice, clean, white appearance that they were on the website, they were a dark maroon with large flowers... you know the ones... they hide stains so well... I looked around and noticed that the sink top was coming apart from the surround, looked in the toilet/shower room and noticed that the wall paper was peeling at the seams.
I thought about calling downstairs and requesting a room that had been updated but then decided that if they were that dishonest about the photos and then the room they gave me, I didn't want to take my chances with any of their rooms. I got online, looked around and found another hotel close by. I went downstairs, told the lady behind the counter that the room online was not at all like the room I was given and let her know that I wanted to check out and not stay here at all. She did not seem surprised at all. The only question she asked me was what my room number was.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Middletown/Harrisburg East? Share your experiences!