“AVOID THIS PLACE IF POSSIBLE” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Middletown/Harrisburg East

You added Days Inn Middletown/Harrisburg East to your Saves list
Days Inn Middletown/Harrisburg East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   815 South Eisenhower Boulevard, Middletown, PA 17057 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Harrisburg Airport Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Middletown
Kearney, Ontario
“AVOID THIS PLACE IF POSSIBLE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I spent one night at the Best Western Plus near Harrisburg Airport. We did not pay enough attention to the reviews before booking as we we in a hurry to make new travel plans due to bad weather.

This Best Western Plus looks good from outside and the lobby area is bright and modern. Everything else about the place however is worn out including the hallways, rooms, washrooms and furniture. There seems to be some evidence of improvements here and there but the owners are wasting their time trying to put a bandage on things. There in nothing about this property that would merit a "Plus" designation.

The only places to eat close by are a Taco Bell and Wendy's. It is quite some drive to a restaurant where a guest cold enjoy a normal meal. We had to leave early in the morning so we did not experience their continental offering. I doubt we missed much however as the hotel did not even provide lids for their styrofoam coffee cups.

There are lots of other modern properties close by the airport and all of them must be better than this Best Western Plus property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel was absolutely run down falling apart and dirty. Unfortunately my reservation was made by someone for business purposes and I was unable to change. Everything from the lobby to the rooms was crumbling down. The hallway outside my room literally had pieces fo dry wall/plaster fallign from the cieiling. Avoid this place at all costs. there are lots of other hotel sright up the street which are stil lvery convenient for getting from place to place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Reasonable value and functional but it is need of renovation. No plug in the tub. Holes in the wall from towel holder relocations. Worn carpets. The bed sheets and towels were clean. Staff was helpful and polite.

• Stayed October 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

our hotel room was comfortable and clean. Hotel was located near department store, mall and restaurants , There were two fast food restaurants within walking distance of the Hotel. Breakfast was good, and staff was friendly and helpful with any questions I had.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Milford, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The room had bed bug droppings in the bed sheets, although we couldn't find any so we stayed in the room, until we found a cockroach behind the coffee maker when I wanted to warm my son's bottle. There was boogers on the wall and poop on the bathroom wall. The beds were worn out and horrible! They are to refund us our money we paid upon arrival, as we cut our vacation short due to the hotel being so dirty. Who know how long I will wait for my money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Massena
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel is in good shape and clean. The beds were standard hotel hardness with good sheets and blankets. No bed bugs or other critters found. The resturant was good with friendly staff for the evening meal. The breakfest was very good with lots of food and very good selection. Price was reasonable. Will stay again when in the area.

Room Tip: When approaching the hotel when using a GPS look for the entrance as the main one is not quite where...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Charleston, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

As soon as I walked in the lobby I knew I had made a mistake by booking here. The place reeked like it had not seen any fresh air for 20 years. My fears were confirmed when i went to my room. The fuchsia paint scheme should have been a warning. The window had been sealed shut so I could not get any fresh air and the AC unit clanged like a locomotive so was essentially useless. The room smelled musty and the curtains reeked of cigarette smoke so had not been changed in the years since this became a non-smoking room. The wallpaper and carpet were dingy and literally quarter-round molding was used to affix the corners (I wish I had taken pictures !) I was almost afraid to sleep in the bed not knowing what lurked there, but I did, albeit restlessly. The bathroom was no better with the pipes loose in the walls and the curtain rod coming off the wall (a pet peeve of mine - why does this happen so much ?!) The shower pressure and hot water were decent but that's the best I can say about this place. It made me feel kind of slimy. I had planned to stay there three nights but one was plenty. I went up the road to a competitor for the next two nights. I quickly canceled my colleagues reservation and had them join me at the other hotel. The location has potential but needs major major upgrades - Best Western are you listening !!??

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Middletown/Harrisburg East? Share your experiences!