“Just like always” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Washington, DC
“Just like always”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I hadn't been to Hymies for a very long time (decades!), but it's pretty much the same place it always was: a first rate deli. Okay, the soup wasn't hot. But the corned beef was very good, the knockwurst was tasty, and the kippered salmon was quickly eaten. The pickle bar is a wonderful feature that was new (to me). Service on a slow Saturday night was excellent. My biggest complaint? The rye bread was good, but it doesn't have the true crispy crust that it used too.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
Dubai
“Best on the Main Line”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Living in Dubai, one of the first things I do when returning back to Philly is head to Hymie's for a sandwhich or breakfast. Even family members that live over on the Delco side now make the trek over to Hymie's for a good meal. The service is always quick, the food is consistently of higher quality than anything in the area, and the prices are moderate. If you are looking for a quality delicatessen, Hymie's is the best bet you'll find on the main line (and probably all of Philly).

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ardmore, Pennsylvania
“A Main Line Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Good food, friendly service, great weekday breakfast specials, generous portions

Visited July 2012
Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Authentic Jewish Deli”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

My son, niece, and I visited Hymies for lunch yesterday and were extremely pleased! My son ordered the mushroom burger (huge and delicious) and my niece ordered the gruyere burger (also huge and delicious, done exactly to order). I ordered the mish mash soup which was brought in a huge bowl. I didn't stand a chance of finishing it! It was also very tasty. I watched several sandwiches go by us to other tables and they all looked amazing. At the deli, they have authentic Jewish pastries. The pickle bar was a new experience - many pickled items from which to choose. I agree with the previous reviewer that the waitress wasn't particularly friendly. But the service was fine. I was a tad shocked at the prices ($10.95 for a sandwich). But the amount of food served makes the price worth it - you could easily get 2 to 3 meals out of a sandwich, or share with a friend. Great place!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Moorestown, NJ
“Awesome hash”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Had breakfast in this combo deli/diner and thought the corned beef hash was about the best I've tasted. Our waitress wouldn't win a Miss Congeniality contest, but she kept our coffee coming and was efficient. I'll be happy to go back again when I'm in that area.

• Visited May 2012