“Two couples” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercersburg Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mercersburg
Mercersburg Inn
You added Mercersburg Inn to your Saves list
405 S. Main St., Mercersburg, PA 17236   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Mercersburg B&B and Inns
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Two couples”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We just stayed 2 nights with our friends at the Inn. The wives plan our trips and this one brought us to Mercersburg. Owners Jim and Lisa were very gracious from the beginning right through to the end of our visit. The Inn itself is very historic and incredible and our hosts gave us a grand tour of this amazing place. There is so much historic information for that section of our state. The breakfasts rate among the best we've ever encountered over the past 10 years, and we make our trips at least twice each year from our homes in Northeastern Pennsylvania. The rooms are very comfortable, the atmosphere super. We will definitely return one day to the Inn.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors and both were quiet and relaxing.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here in 2010 after randomly choosing a place to stay which was close to Whitetails Ski Resort. It was an amazing experience. The hospitality, the service, the rooms are something which I had never experienced and may not again unless I return which I fully intend to do. The ambience in this place in the middle of winter would inspire many prospective writers.

• Stayed December 2011
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The Mercersburg Inn is spectacular, and it is even better in person than any pictures or descriptions that you will read. My husband and I have been looking at this inn for the past few years and I decided at the last minute to go for it and surprise him. I typed in the coordinates and he drove. For little more than the price of a nice hotel it far exceeds any hotel, with its rich history, expanse, and stunning design. It is 5+ hours away from our home and it was 1.5 hours away from the wedding we were to attend, but again it's well worth going the extra distance. As if the stay alone weren't wonderful enough, the owners Jim & Lisa were a delight! Though you cannot go wrong with any room there, they made our stay even better with a room upgrade. Breakfast was fresh fruit, delicious fresh granola, raspberry coffee cake, bread pudding, and bacon. We were long held over until the wedding reception later that day. At breakfast we met an author who was in town for a book signing. We never would have met or spoken to such interesting people while staying at a hotel. We were very pleased with every last detail and would love to return some day soon!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have stayed at the Inn at least 12 times over the last 30-50 years. I just visited there over the last 4 days and can say without hesitation, it is in the best condition I have ever found it. Fairly new owners Lisa and Jim have poured their hearts into making this a real showplace yet incredibly comfortable. They go out of their way to make every guest feels "special." And the rest of the staff is equally accomodatng. The food is superb---every time!!!
I usually have a purpose to go there. But now I am looking for extra time just to go and relax in luxury!!!

Room Tip: I especially like the front rooms. They have a bit of a view of the Chapel at Mercersburg Academy ac...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

We recently stayed at the Inn and had a great time. Our room was fantastic, and very well kept. We had a nice walk through the Inn to take a look at the other rooms (those that were unoccupied), and were impressed with all. Dinner in Byron's Dining Room was superb - the beef filets were excellent.

Breakfast on Saturday was great as well - fresh fruit, blueberry muffin, and a goat cheese tart served alongside asparagus and (I believe) chicken sausage.

The staff and innkeepers were friendly and accommodating.

I would love to stay again for an entire weekend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We have stayed here several times and have always enjoyed ourselves. Jim &Lisa (the owners) go out of their way to make sure everything is first class (even selling me his shoes when I forgot mine for a black tie affair... :-) ). The restaurant is five stars. We also enjoy the weekend cooking classes. Fun, food and wine, what more could you ask for.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

The best-ever weekend my wife & I spent together. Surprisingly, the restaurant offers first-class food at an incredibly affordable price. For example, the couple we were staying with decided to dine off-site. We went to a place in Hagerstown MD (not too far) and spent $230 for the four of us for decent and decidely not spectacular food. The next night we stayed at the Inn and had dinner. Drinks, wine, appetizers and entrees in a private, quiet dining room with impeccable service cost 75% of the schlock we paid for the previous night.

I forgot to add that the Inn itself is a classic study of how the other half lived at the turn of the century , Beautiful accommodations, great attention to detail by the husband-and-wife Innkeeper team and a wonderful house staff.

There's other stuff to do in the area (like Gettysburg) but why would you want to leave this place. Sit back; have a drink at the private bar; and enjoy life.
JJJ2@comcast.net

Room Tip: Get Room No. 1. You won't regret the cost.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mercersburg Inn? Share your experiences!