“Fantastic Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Mercer
Cambridge, Canada
“Fantastic Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This hotel has the friendliest, most accomodating staff of any hotel I have ever stayed in. It was a pleasant surprise, from front reception to maintenance workers to the cleaning staff. Everyone had a smile for you. it is apparant that the staff here is happy, and reflects very well on management. I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Overall, the room is good. Beds are comfy, bathroom clean. Wish the carpeted floors were vacuumed thoroughly as I normally do not travel with slippers. Buffet breakfast hit the spot. It's much better than a typical 'continental breakfast.'

Room Tip: Buses and taxi services do not run in this area so make sure you are either part of a bus tour or yo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We just went this past weeked.Our story goes we got there @ 3am but our check in day wasn't till the next day so we just wanted to give it a shot n see if we were able to get a room but unfortunately they were fully booked and couldn't give us a room till the next day so we had to sleep in the car,(very uncomfortable) anyways very next day we go in to see if any room was available and it still wasn't cause house keeping doesn't come in till 930am so the front desk offered for us to eat breakfast for waiting outside all night. So after we ate we went shopping and by the time we got back the room was ready! Housekeeping is very accommodating!! Just thought id share our experience! Totally recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed November 2012
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I travel annually to grove city for the outlet mall. I've stayed at the Holiday Inn twice. Its a moderate hotel, breakfast is included which is great - but it is priced the highest among the 5 other hotels that are in the area. Advice is to book in advance, as any Canadian long weekend the price of this hotel goes up. Good points - breakfast included and coffee/tea is availabe all day/night long........including popcorn :)

Room Tip: not on the first floor.......too loud due to check in and breakfast
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
TORONTO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed here to do some shopping on a stop over to Myrle Beach. The rooms are clean and spacious and the staff at the front desk are very friendly. It is certainly not a luxury hotel but definately at the higher end of average. This is the second time we have stayed here and for whats available nearby this is definately one of the nicer choices.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Omaha, NE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I spent a total of 3 weeks at this hotel while on business. My room had 2 beds, a small fridge, microwave and free interent. I did have a problem with the wakeup call system so the hotel was kind enough to do a 6am manual wake up call on the days that I needed it. I only had a problem with the hotel pillows, so my suggestion is, if you can, bring your own pillows. They do have complimentary breakfast and free popcorn throughout the day and if it's late in the afternoon, they might have some free cookies in the lobby area. There is also a pool, spa, laundry room with 1 washer and 1 dryer, business and conference room. There are no in-rooms safes though, but they do have a security lockbox for those who need to lock valuables away and you are the only one with a key to your lockbox. My room was also cleaned and re-stocked every day. This hotel is also within walking distance to a brand new Taco Bell, a Wendy's, a McDonalds, and a few other restaurants. The Grove City Outlet Mall is also within walking distance which is right next to I-79. It does take about 10-15 minutes to get to downtown Grove City and the local Walmart and Country Mart grocery store. It's also 3 hours from Niagara Falls, driving distance to some winery's, Amish country and 45 minutes to an hour north of Pittsburgh, PA in case you want to head up to a Steeler's game.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I just stayed at the Holiday Inn Express this past weekend for a quick getaway for his birthday. From the outside I wasn't expecting much out of the ordinary: the hotel is located on a strip which houses other such hotels and resturants. However, it is almost directly across the street from Prime Outlets - which was our primary reason for chosing Grove City. Upon check in, we were very impressed with the hotel, the staff that greeted us were friendly, one lady even joked a lot and had us laughing. Check-in was seamless and in less than 10 mintues we were in our room - and happy with it! I booked the King Jacuzzi Suite so we could soak, have a glass of wine and relax. The room (a little pricey at $179+ tax with AAA discount) was very clean, fresh and open. The pictures on the website are pretty accurate but actually don't do the rooms any justice! The decor is warm and inviting and more than once my husband commented on the window/coverings. It was better than the standard, beige flank sheet that most hotels throw up. The moring light was completely shut out and didn't wake me in the morning.

The bed was large and comfortable with better than budget bedding, the TV was adequate size and there were little extas like the chair with ottoman and a small table for two. It had a sink area with microwave and fridge. The bathroom was clean and bright, the towels fresh. I mean we really had NO complaints. If I have to say anything negative at all I'd say I wish my pillows were "fluffier" and the jacuzzi larger. Truly it was really only built for one. My husband and I are not small people, I'm 5' 11" and he's 6' 3", no way the both of us were getting in there together! But I'm not really a jaccuzi person, but he is so it worked out, though it did hamper the whole "soaking together" thing. I just sat on the step and we talked and drank our wine like that.

When we went out to dinner the lady at the front desk gave us coupons for discounts at the mall and we had only to show our room key at Hoss's Steak House to get a 10% discount. Breakfast at the hotel the next morning was free - and hot - I only wish they had more of an option for hot food. They served some sort of boiled ham or canadian bacon, my husband ate it - I did not. I made my own pancakes, drank coffee and orange juice and was happy.

We checked out - but did not use - the business center, the great room (where you can get free popcorn, coffee, tea or water with lemon 24 hours a day), the fitness room or the pool. I don't know what occasion one would have to be in the hotel long-term but if I had to stay there for more than two nights, I know I'd be very comfortable and probably would use these ammenities.

Overall I give this property two-thumbs up. My husband and I have gotten to be sort of "hotel conniesseurs" and I'm impressed that what you see on the hotel's website is actually what you get when you check in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Grove City-Prime Outlet Mall? Share your experiences!