“Grove City” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Mercer
Omaha, NE
“Grove City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I spent a total of 3 weeks at this hotel while on business. My room had 2 beds, a small fridge, microwave and free interent. I did have a problem with the wakeup call system so the hotel was kind enough to do a 6am manual wake up call on the days that I needed it. I only had a problem with the hotel pillows, so my suggestion is, if you can, bring your own pillows. They do have complimentary breakfast and free popcorn throughout the day and if it's late in the afternoon, they might have some free cookies in the lobby area. There is also a pool, spa, laundry room with 1 washer and 1 dryer, business and conference room. There are no in-rooms safes though, but they do have a security lockbox for those who need to lock valuables away and you are the only one with a key to your lockbox. My room was also cleaned and re-stocked every day. This hotel is also within walking distance to a brand new Taco Bell, a Wendy's, a McDonalds, and a few other restaurants. The Grove City Outlet Mall is also within walking distance which is right next to I-79. It does take about 10-15 minutes to get to downtown Grove City and the local Walmart and Country Mart grocery store. It's also 3 hours from Niagara Falls, driving distance to some winery's, Amish country and 45 minutes to an hour north of Pittsburgh, PA in case you want to head up to a Steeler's game.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I just stayed at the Holiday Inn Express this past weekend for a quick getaway for his birthday. From the outside I wasn't expecting much out of the ordinary: the hotel is located on a strip which houses other such hotels and resturants. However, it is almost directly across the street from Prime Outlets - which was our primary reason for chosing Grove City. Upon check in, we were very impressed with the hotel, the staff that greeted us were friendly, one lady even joked a lot and had us laughing. Check-in was seamless and in less than 10 mintues we were in our room - and happy with it! I booked the King Jacuzzi Suite so we could soak, have a glass of wine and relax. The room (a little pricey at $179+ tax with AAA discount) was very clean, fresh and open. The pictures on the website are pretty accurate but actually don't do the rooms any justice! The decor is warm and inviting and more than once my husband commented on the window/coverings. It was better than the standard, beige flank sheet that most hotels throw up. The moring light was completely shut out and didn't wake me in the morning.

The bed was large and comfortable with better than budget bedding, the TV was adequate size and there were little extas like the chair with ottoman and a small table for two. It had a sink area with microwave and fridge. The bathroom was clean and bright, the towels fresh. I mean we really had NO complaints. If I have to say anything negative at all I'd say I wish my pillows were "fluffier" and the jacuzzi larger. Truly it was really only built for one. My husband and I are not small people, I'm 5' 11" and he's 6' 3", no way the both of us were getting in there together! But I'm not really a jaccuzi person, but he is so it worked out, though it did hamper the whole "soaking together" thing. I just sat on the step and we talked and drank our wine like that.

When we went out to dinner the lady at the front desk gave us coupons for discounts at the mall and we had only to show our room key at Hoss's Steak House to get a 10% discount. Breakfast at the hotel the next morning was free - and hot - I only wish they had more of an option for hot food. They served some sort of boiled ham or canadian bacon, my husband ate it - I did not. I made my own pancakes, drank coffee and orange juice and was happy.

We checked out - but did not use - the business center, the great room (where you can get free popcorn, coffee, tea or water with lemon 24 hours a day), the fitness room or the pool. I don't know what occasion one would have to be in the hotel long-term but if I had to stay there for more than two nights, I know I'd be very comfortable and probably would use these ammenities.

Overall I give this property two-thumbs up. My husband and I have gotten to be sort of "hotel conniesseurs" and I'm impressed that what you see on the hotel's website is actually what you get when you check in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Excellent hotel. Clean, great continental breakfast, beds are great. In room facilities were nice, including the microwave and fridge was very nice. Freshed baked cookies available when we came in and hot drinks and popcorn always available. Will be visiting again forsure. Very friends and accomodating staff.

Only downfall was a bit too much chlorine in the pool, but it is a public pool so it is expected.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Aurora, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Each year we make our annual pilgrimage to Grove City for the great Labour Day sales, and each year the Holiday Inn Express provides a clean comfortable room with great staff and friendly atmosphere. Do not hesitate to book your stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Likemany we attended this area for the purpose of the outlet mall. Greeted with smiles and coupons for local eateries. Had the answers to all our questions.

Rooms were clean but showed wear. Bathroom door was off an inch or so but closed. Mold around peeling bathroom wallpaper, tub and shower curtain. Earrings from someone else were on counter and stayed there till cleaned the next day.

Needed blankets full pullout couch.

Very thin floors meaning you can hear the people above walking around all the time.

Great breakfast though. Pool was clean and well maintained. Free popcorn 24hrs a day.

Overall very good considering it's just needed for the bed.

• Stayed August 2012
Altoona, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I knew I would be a late arrival (9pm) & advised them ahead of time. After being on the road since 6am driving 4 hours for an all day business meeting, I arrived about 8:45pm to find they had given me an upgrade to a King Suite with a hot tub, which was so relaxing after a long day. Paula at the front desk was wonderful. The room was very clean & the bed was extremely comfortable. I really like the choice of either hard or soft pillows. Check-out was hassle-free. Will definitely stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The room was clean but needs to be dusted better and the ac unit was gross the filter needed cleaning and i think there was mold or just dust inside as seen in my pictures also in the bathroom the wall paper was coming apart above the shower.the staff at this hotel we very nice and helpful. Even thought some of the issues i still recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Grove City-Prime Outlet Mall? Share your experiences!