“You never know what to expect here” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Media

You added Quality Inn Media to your Saves list
Quality Inn Media
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 South New Middletown Road, US Highway 1 & State Route 352, Media, PA 19063 (Formerly "McIntosh Inn")   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Media
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“You never know what to expect here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

I have stayed in this hotel for years, starting back in the Mcintosh hotel days. I have seen it get better and worse.
My most recent hotel the first night, I had no maid service at all, the second night no soap or cups, the third night, no bath mat. This is pretty much what you can expect here. I stay here 2-3 times a year and have for many years now. I did find that under the prior owners, the hotel was in really bad shape but the rooms were always very clean, now the general condition of the hotel is better, but the cleaning staff is not doing a very good job. I will take pictures and add them here next time I stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

Located very close to the Granite Run Mall, this hotel is everything you need in a budget hotel. There is free Wifi and basic continental style breakfast, and rooms come with a basic hairdryer and iron. The staff were friendly and effective. My only criticisms are that the sound proofing isn't too good, and the bathroom is studio-style, i.e. not a separate room. The fitness center is also very small with only one treadmill.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

After reserving a block of rooms for family & fiends, I was double charged for my own room, ON MY WEDDING NIGHT no less!! When I pointed out their error, my complaint was dismissed, and I have had to get my creditors after them. I was disrespected by their VERY rude "manager" Norman, whom interrupted me more than once on the phone & simply told me "we didn't do it on purpose", rather than offer any sympathy/apology for their "mistake". Be sure to hold on to your receipt & triple-check your credit card account if you have the misfortune of having to stay with these thieves. This is an appropriate hotel for many of my worst enemies...

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Brick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

My Wife, Her Mother and I stayed at the Quality Inn in Media, PA on 5/9 and 5/10/10 and had NO problems with the room or the staff. Both of the rooms were very clean and exactly what we wanted. After I booked the rooms, I started to wonder why the Hospital did not recommend this Motel. When I read all of the negative reviews, I was a little worried. Most of the recent reviews (after the upgrades were complete) were positive, so I wasn’t worried as much. Still, when we got there, we checked both of the rooms and found them to be clean and without any problem. We stayed there for two nights and had no problems. The Quality Inn had a breakfast available, although we did not partake due to the circumstances. Dennys Diner was on location, was very clean with a very nice staff, that made sure everything was good. We walked out of the restaurant stuffed. I would highly recommend the Quality Inn in Media, PA to all. I give it a “two-thumbs up” and 5 stars. NOTE: Most of the poor reviews were from before the Motel was taken over by another company (Quality Inns) and upgraded. As of May 2010, this Motel is in great shape. Way to go Jerry (Management)!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Erie, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

I usually stay at this hotel when I visit family at Easter. We've stayed many times over the past 15 years. There are very few nice hotels in the Media-Springfield area. We have tried others - but have come back to the Macintosh-Quality (whatever it is called now.....) The parking is free, there is a restaurant next door, shopping mall, grocery down the street, & they recently renovated the rooms. Since Quality took over, I believe the prices are lower too. I've stayed in more expensive hotels that did not offer a microwave and refrigerator. And well, we just need a place to sleep! It works great for us. Needless to say, we booked a stay for Easter weekend again this year.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

I recently stayed here on a genealogy jaunt into the Philadelphia area because it was close to what I was searching and as an older single traveller I wanted to be in a quieter smaller town area. This is not a fancy hotel, but my room was extremely clean and quite comfortable. There is free internet service in the rooms. The staff went out of their way to help me various times, even driving me to the Philadelphia airport and back so that I could take transit into the city and not pay parking. They serve a full breakfast including eggs and bacon/sausage which comes with the price of the room. The only down side I can think of is that it is difficult getting out of the parking lot some hours because of traffic and my fan for the furnace was a bit noisy. Very good place at a very reasonable cost.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
staten island, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

When I book a hotel which was remodeled in the past year, there are certain things I absolutely expect, regardless of whether it's a 2 star or a 4 star property. Cleanliness and modern amenities are certainly the 2 items at the top of that list. Unfortunately, neither was present during my visit.

Please do not fall for the tagline "newly remodeled". It seems that the only thing they've actually changed in the rooms were the sink counters and carpets. Everything else seemed pretty worn, including the bath tub. When I checked in, the bathroom walls had dried soap bubbles left over from the previous guest. I am not talking about soap scum or other signs of long-term soap accumulation - I am talking about dried up bubbles, which could not have been more than a few days old. These bubbles were missed by housekeeping for the next few days; I actually got sick of it and cleaned it myself with a spare towel. Needless to say, the cleaning standards at this hotel are not as thorough as one would hope they'd be.

The breakfast was pretty average, consistent with most free offerings in other hotels of this price range. The breakfast area itself is pretty small - the pictures posted on the hotel website make it look a lot bigger than it actually is. Thus, if there are 6 people eating breakfast at once, you are literally sitting on top of one another.

I have read in some past reviews that the internet was unreliable. I did not experience any issues whatsoever with WiFi while at the hotel, it worked like a charm and the speed was pretty descent.

The hotel is also located right near the mall, which has a nice variety of department stores and restaurants, if the Denny's is not your cup of tea.

Overall, the hotel was descent for the price i paid, I just wished they cleaned a little better, especially in between guests.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn Media? Share your experiences!