“I'd rather have the Black Plague than stay here again.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Media

You added Quality Inn Media to your Saves list
Quality Inn Media
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 South New Middletown Road, US Highway 1 & State Route 352, Media, PA 19063 (Formerly "McIntosh Inn")   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Media
A TripAdvisor Member
“I'd rather have the Black Plague than stay here again.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2006

Let me keep this very simple. I am a Retired Marine and still work for the government. I have stayed in hotels around the world. This motel has the worst, most rude and most dishonest management of any place I have ever stayed, and that includes the Middle East. They will over-charge your credit card. They will promise you one rate, and then once you are there and settled in, will raise the rate and not tell you about it until it is time to check out. They will claim that people who gave you the original quote are not authorized to do so. They will call you a liar for daring to say otherwise. They will threaten to call the police if you complain about their lies and methods. If you decide to sleep in, your room will not be made up. These people are DISHONEST. If you stay there, you better figure out a way to PROVE your claims against their lies.

Or...make the best decision possible and go somewhere else. Places like this NEED to go out of business and find new management.

Stayed January 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2006

The manager and staff were TERRIBLE! They gave away personal information of their guests to strangers, used profanity and criticized the hotel guests. A large wedding party stayed there last weekend (booking 40+ rooms)and the manager spent most of the night calling the cops. Several time the police came and explained that the manager calls often every day of the week under false pretenses. This manager kept saying we were 'gross'. He obviously had moral problems w/ anybody staying awake past midnight. The rooms were non accomodating and smelled horrible. The bride and groom were not accomodated w/ one King size bed but instead spent the night Lucy & Rickey style. When they complained the manager raised his tone and kept saying HE is the manager. The kicker? I told the manager I was not satisfied w/ my stay and would like to leave w/ a full refund. He said not only will he give me a refund he will give me $1000 to leave NOW. Then he called the cops!

• Stayed April 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Mcintosh Inn in Media last weekend because we had a coupon but I wished I'd stayed somewhere else.

First of all, the front desk clerk was argumentative and rude when I presented a coupon for a discounted rate. We didn't get the discounted rate and were made to feel unwanted. Since it was freezing, my husband and I went to get some coffee in the lobby and we were watched very closely like we were going to steal tea bags.

The room was bare but clean. They did however have a good channel selection and the heater worked. My husband and I are heading to the Media area this weekend and I will do my best to find another hotel or motel in the area. I know I will definitely not stay at this Inn again mostly because the staff is unfriendly and unhelpful.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
Port Chester, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2005

Needed a room in the Media area and there aren't many choices. With the exception of a few strands of hair in the tub (not mine) the room was clean. Basic accommodations but for $89 I thought it was fine. Denny's next door really went downhill since last time I stayed here (and I'm talking just about a cup of coffee & a "toasted" English muffin).

• Stayed November 2005
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2005

good but can be better

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
Amherst, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2005

A musty, moldy smell welcomes you as you walk into your room for the first time. The bathroom had a hole in the wall. The air conditioner was outdated, had a pungent smell to it, but was pleasantly quiet. The person at the front desk was all business, had no personality, and didn't crack a smile during my mid-week stay. The room was an adequate size, the shower had enough pressure, and the TV had plenty of stations. The bathroom had a hole in the wall. Denny's is located next door, but I wouldn't recommend it. The menu was full of food items they ran out of. Hair could be found in the bathroom corners and behind the bathroom door. The cleaning crew seemed a bit lazy, but pleasant. The room had good lighting and the pillows were nice and comfy. Bugs...well, you didn't need to ask the staff for bugs because they came with the room. And, did I mention the bathroom had a hole in the wall?

• Stayed June 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2005

Their sybmol an apple. So, don't forget your apple from the front desk.

I stayed there for pleasent 3 days.

Convenient and with a good location.

• Stayed August 2001

Been to Quality Inn Media? Share your experiences!