“A no frills comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Media

You added Quality Inn Media to your Saves list
Quality Inn Media
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 South New Middletown Road, US Highway 1 & State Route 352, Media, PA 19063 (Formerly "McIntosh Inn")   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Media
Savannah, Georgia
“A no frills comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I usually avoid lower end chains like the Quality Inn, but based on other member reviews I took a chance with a recent stay in little Media on the outskirts of Philadelphia while on business.
I am glad I did.
The front desk helped with directions in locating this little hotel and let me check in early.
I discovered the tv didn't work much later after meeting clients and this required a room change which I wasn't happy about- but the rooms were clean - spartan, but warm and comfortable.
I would stay again.
JR

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
pa560, Manager at Quality Inn Media, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I wanted to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Quality inn Media Hotel!! I make it a point to review all guest comments and responses in order to keep our staff always trying to improve our service and our property. We strive for "Excellence" service and want every guest to leave us "Extremely Satisfied"!! The best way to improve is with feedback from our guests!!

Again, thank you for your response, and I hope you will choose our property the next time your travels bring you to Media OR Philadelphia!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Berkshires of Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stay here once every year or two when we visit aging parents at the life care community next door. Ownership and the name has changed a few times, but the place is always about the same. Never had any major complaints, free breakfast is good, the place is clean and basically in good repair. Like most modest motels it could use a little paint and repair here and there, but we don't stay there for the paint job.

My only complaint, easily remedied, is that the lights outside the rooms are bight and keep the rooms a bit too bright for good sleeping. I just unscrew the bulb a half-turn and that solves the problem!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
pa560, General Manager at Quality Inn Media, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I wanted to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Quality Inn Media Hotel. I make it a point to review all guest comments and responses in order to keep our staff always trying to improve our service and our property. We strive for "Excellence" in service and want every guest to leave "Extremely Satisfied"!!! I want to thank you for the great comments regarding the staff and the hotel. The best way we can improve what we do is with feedback from our guests - both positive and constructive!!

Again, thank you for your response, and I hope you will choose our property the next time your travels bring you to Media!!
Poughquag, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We arrived in Media in dense fog and were very glad to find the inn as it was extremely hard to see. We had two rooms, one with a king size bed and the other two double beds. We found the rooms clean and very accomodating. The beds were extremely comfortable, the shower great, and our one night stay a pleasure. We had access to the exercise room with the stationery bike and treadmill. In the lobby there was coffee, juice and an assortment of breakfast choices including eggs, bacon, and cereal. It was a pleasure to spend the night there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Countryside, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Coudn't find another room in the area because of the cleanup working from the hurricane so I decided to stay here. The main room was clean but the bathroom could have used a little more attention. I might stay here again if the Best Western is full again. The lights outside were bright, and came around the sides of the window shades.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bulverde, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We returned to Media to visit friends and decided to stay somewhere close to their home. In doing our research we were quite surprised to find a very short list of places to stay. They had suggested a B & B; however, we do not like that sort of environment and decided to give the Quality Inn a shot. We read the reviews on TripAdvisor and were a bit concerned; however, we booked our room and set off on our adventure. What a wonderful surprise! The beds were so very, very comfortable and the room very large and so very, very quiet!!! The housekeeping staff always cleaned the room beyond expectations and the bed was always made to such incredible standards. The breakfast area is a bit tight; however, the breakfast was always so very wonderful and fresh! I do not remember her name; however, the petite older woman at the front desk was always so helpful and kind........she also was always hustling to make sure the breakfast food was fresh and hot. Don't hesitate to stay here it is quite comfortable and clean. Get a room on the first floor on the back side of the hotel, it is so quite there you will think you are in the countryside.

Room Tip: First Floor on the back side of the hotel is so quiet you think you are in the country.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed over the weekend while I was attending a wedding in the area. Check in was smooth and desk clerk was very friendly. The lobby was clean and looked welcoming. My room was comfortable, bed was comfy, the room was clean and bright. Bathroom was a good size and was clean. Internet worked well. TV worked well and reception was good. The area had food and shopping. Parking free, lot was bright and I felt safe coming back to the hotel so late at night. Staff always said hello. Just as expected! This was an important time and I appreciated the great stay that I had! See you again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Stuart, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed here the night before our home Settlement. I found the room to be very nice, the mattress was quite comfortable and the shower head was great. They provide the 1/2 sized bed pillows so be sure to ask for more when you check in. I asked the front desk around 8PM and was told he couldn't access the supply room???). Also ask for a 10% AARP discount. We had breakfast at the Media Diner, which is right next door, but had I read the other reviews prior, would have stayed at the Quality Inn for breakfast.

Room Tip: The front side (facing Baltimore Pike) was very quiet. This hotel appears to attract business travel...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Media? Share your experiences!