“Two night stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Media

You added Quality Inn Media to your Saves list
Quality Inn Media
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 South New Middletown Road, US Highway 1 & State Route 352, Media, PA 19063 (Formerly "McIntosh Inn")   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Media
Monterey, California
“Two night stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Check in was quick, staff was pleasant and helpful. However, room was not very clean. Two dead bugs were on the air conditioner and another dead bug in the bathroom. Also, when my wife used a tissue to pick up the bug, she also picked up a lot of dust from the bathroom floor. I noticed a garmet tax on the floor beside the bed when we got to the room. It was still there when we left, and neither of us could be sure they vacuumed the room before we arrived or while we were there. Also, the complimentary breakfast location was so crowded that it was uncomfortably close. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Elkridge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed here following an athletic event. The room was okay and the bathroom shower area and vanity areas had obviously been upgraded recently. Beds has the worn look of an older hotel. Easy chair was right next to the bed. This was fine for one night and since our usual chain choices were booked. Went to breakfast on Sunday morning and the breakfast bar runs right around the seating area so it was extremely tight. Not everyone could find a table, however this is adjacent to the lobby which has some nice sofas. We sat outside on stone benches around a patio below our room. If you need to launder as we did, there are nice facilities which take quarters only, but the desk provided change. Front desk staff was able to give us some supplies we did not have with us. Okay for one night, but probably would not stay here again. The entrance is a little tricky to find.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor facing the parking lot. We could see our car and didn't get a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My family and I stayed in 5 rooms at this hotel for the weekend while attending a wedding in Media. The hotel was basic, but clean and comfortable. We found the nice continental breakfast to be convenient for all. Also, some enjoyed the diner as well. The entrance is a little hard to find at first, but close to many good restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hinesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

My family stayed at this hotel during a visit to the area. The staff was kind and informative, giving us suggestions of what to do in the area. Our room was clean, and the managment even allowed us to have an early check in when we arrived before schedule. I will stay at the hotel again when even we visit Media in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Was recently in for a family function from out of state and was pleasantly surprised with the stay. The room was airy and clean, staff professional and courteous and the price will not break your back. Will definitely be back if in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Red Bank, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I caught a room service worker going through my bag! i have pictures to prove it! Management called me a liar, yelled at me, used profanity, and did nothing to remedy the situation. NEVER GO NEAR THIS BACK WOODS ESTABLISHMENT!

Room Tip: go somewhere else, but not the days inn in springfield.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
pa560, Manager at Quality Inn Media, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I would like to take the time out to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We have taken the proper attention and action to take care of this matter. We have also checked out our cameras to see if the housekeepers were going into to your room and we have seen no such thing.

Again please accept our sincere apologies and we hope to see you during your future travels to Media, PA.

Management
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I added it up and realized that over the years I have spent more them 10,000 at this hotel. The hotel has been better or worse over the years but no matter how run down it was it was always clean. Well, not even clean anymore

Parts of the room did not look like they had been cleaned for months. I found old popcorn under the bed. There was actually crusty food (hopefully) between the sheet and the matress pad cover ! Something has been smeared on the wall of the bathroom and I found a bug on the ceiling in the bathroom. Very interesting stains on the comforter (see pictures).

My room was right outside the area of the hotel they do laundry in and it felt like it. Dirty laundry in hampers outside my hotel room 24 hours a day.

When I checked in, my key did not work on the room, I got another one. Next night I came back to the hotel, did not work again, they had to fix it again. There were business cards on the front desk identifying the manager Celia. I asked for her and was told she no longer worked there. I asked the manager on duty to please have housekeeping sweep the carpet around the bed and along the wall under the crumbling plaster, and nothing got done. I asked again they they apologized and volunteered to change my room. (did not really want to deal with a whole new set up problems in another room so I stayed) At least I was not waking up with bedbug bites.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Management

Been to Quality Inn Media? Share your experiences!