“Authentic Mexican in a cozy spot” 4 of 5 stars

484-442-8741
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Diego's Cantina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 105 Restaurants in Media
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Orange Street
Transit: Bus, Trolley or the R3 Septa Regional Rail will bring you to Diego's
Warrington, Pennsylvania
“Authentic Mexican in a cozy spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

After reading reviews that were less than stellar we decided to give this restaurant a chance to redeem itself on the basis of good authentic food. The food we ordered was prepared perfectly and tasted great! I believe a new chef has made quite the difference! We ordered the shrimp ceviche appetizer and the tamales. Both were very good. My dining partner ordered the short rib special and he was not disappointed. My mahi with mango salsa was tasty and cooked perfectly. Dessert was tres leche which is an authentic Mexican cake, very moist, with an apricot and mango sauce on the plate. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
“The Bland Leading the Bland”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Once again I waited with great anticipation for the opening of a Mexican Restaurant in Media only to be disappointed. The food has absolutely no flavor. When we first sat down we were served a small bowl of chips which were good and a tiny dish of what I assume was supposed to be salsa. However, it had the color and consistency of weak tomato soup but no tomatoes or onion or flavor. I ordered a margarita expecting a frozen margarita but got it served over ice cubes. Okay, that was no big deal until the bill came and I saw it was $1.00 more than the frozen. Seems the waitress could have asked which I preferred rather than trying to run the tab up.

This place totally will nickle and dime you as everything is ala carte. Want cheese with that $12.00 burrito? It is $1.00 extra! Whoever heard of a burrito or taco without cheese? Want jalapenos? Another 50 cents. Sour cream? Yep, another $.100. My chicken burrito had no flavor and very little chicken. Even the cheese at an extra $1.00 was hard to find. I finally unrolled the burrito to search for the chicken and found tiny cubes about the size of the finger nail on my pinky finger. And it was served on a plate with nothing else. No lettuce, no tomato, not even a sprig of parsley for garnish. My husband fared a bit better with his chicken enchiladas which at least had a decent amount of chicken in it. But again the plate came with two enchiladas and nothing else.

It appears to have a nice bar at the front that you have to walk past for the tables. My guess is this place will do well as an after work gathering place.

So the quest continues for some decent Mexican food in this area.

• Visited May 2012