“It's a fun spot for happy hour or casual pub dining experience” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish
Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/sligo-media
Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/sligo-media
near Philadelphia, PA
“It's a fun spot for happy hour or casual pub dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We eat at Sligo's frequently and enjoy sitting at one of the bar tables set behind the actual bar. The restaurant's main floor consists of the bar area in front and a dining area in the rear. There is also a private area upstairs. The bar area is often crowded, especially at happy hour. But for a quieter experience, the dining area is usually only half full. The menu varies as seasons change and is reasonably priced. There is always a sampling of Irish staples like bangers and mash as well as fish and chips. I often get a large salad. The salads are made with greens and romaine, not iceberg. TV's behind the bar show sports events. Bar foods like wings and sliders are on the menu, but we've never tried them.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pennsylvania
“The Noise Overwhelms The Rest Of The Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

All I can remember about my dinner at Sligo is how noisy the restaurant was. This is an Irish style pub / restaurant made up of just one large room containing the bar area and dining area.
My wife and I gave up trying to talk to each other during our meal. This is the noisiest / loudest restaurants I've been to.
To me atmosphere is an important part of my dining experience. The noise level was such a distraction that that is pretty much all I can remember. So that that means that the food, value, ambience and service combined could not adequately compensate for the unpleasant loudness.
Sligo needs some serious acoustic management. Of course, they're still in business so far, so enough people must not care about the noise.
I would have liked to like Sligo, but I can't.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere