“So tasty soup...” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“So tasty soup...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Have not been here since House expanded, and love the new atmosphere. Little terrariums on the tables, tables covered with foil wall paper, burlap curtains, so Eco friendly. I ordered the sweet potato lime soup as did my friend, and it was pretty perfect. She ordered the house salad, crumbled Gorgonzola, Apple, pecans very fresh veggies. Everything came quickly, and salad was really enough to share. Do hope House can keep up with its reputation and not become too hip to handle.

Visited November 2013

“Never got to try it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Sat. 10/19 decided to try House for lunch. In spite of numerous open clean tables, there was a 15 minute wait. So service would be good, the hostess said. I just figured they were short staffed, but we got on the wait list and I said I'd check back in 10. Without missing a breath, the hostess replied 'I said 15 minutes' I must have looked surprised so she continued that it was ok to check back in 10. Came back in 12 and her response was 'your table will be ready in 3 minutes, at 1:46' With empty set tables ready, we were still going to have to wait the full 15. A House rule? I told her to forget it and, in all fairness, she tried to apologize saying she didn't mean it that way. I was over House at that point and left, so I'll never know what she 'really' meant. Maybe they are a little full of themselves right now. Or having expansion pains. Whatever the case, it was rude and unprofessional. They will find their 15 minutes fleeting if they make people wait with multiple empty tables visible and then don't make them feel welcome if they do opt to wait.

• Visited October 2013
Media,PA
“Second visit for another yummy brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is like many cute little places in Media for a wonderful meal. This is our second time having brunch here. My husband had the brisket and eggs and I had the pumpkin spice chia french toast and a side of their home fries. The french toast for me was a total change and I'm so glad I got it. It wasn't to sweet or spicy and it was a perfect breakfast for a fall day. The butterscotch cake was recommended by the owner and a home run for sure. We will be back for sure very soon.

• Visited October 2013
Media, PA
“Wonderful dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

A group of 6 of us dined here for dinner for one of the last of Media's Dining Under the Stars of the summer. From the moment we arrived the service was prompt and professional. The varied menu items are conducive to sharing so we were able to try several things on the menu. We had 3 of the salads, 4 or 5 small plates and 3 sharing plates. Everything we tried was beautifully presented and delicious. My favorites were the beet salad, the chickpea salad, the curried sweet potato pancakes and the tempeh tacos. The service continued to be attentive without being intrusive throughout the meal. Will definitely be returning for dinner.

• Visited September 2013
Media, Pennsylvania
“Great food and great people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I have been to House many times! The service is always great and the food always delicious. House was recently renovated and the restaurant is now much bigger. The menu now includes a delicious brunch on the weekends which includes vegan/vegetarian options. I moved away from Media 3 years ago and house is always a must when I visit!

• Visited July 2013