My room was in the middle of the building all the way to the back of the property. The beds were VERY hard. Saw a cockroach 2 days in a row. Hopped into the shower Saturday morning as the water was slightly warm, lathered up my hairy, then suddenly water turn cold as ice! Hot water was completely gone! Had to rinse in cold water then walk into my very cold room to turn up the heat. Gave me a pounding headache which lasted most of the day. Walls, doors, and ceiling had stains and water damage. Everything in the room was very outdated, including the old tube TV that kept shutting off every 1/2 hour or so. My curtains, and at least all of my neighbors curtains, won't shut all the way. Leaving about a 3 inch gap. I had to unlatch mine and rehang them to overlap each other, making it so that they can't be re-opened. Oh Well! And as I pulled into a parking space one evening, I got to see a VERY large man walk out of his bathroom naked. Yay Me! I then noticed that all of the curtains around there were like that too. With all these "peep show" curtains, makes ya wonder if this is one of those sex/swinger type hotels. There is a connecting bar/club and at night the parking lot is full of drunks. Oh, and the wifi was very slow too. I stay in about 50 hotels/year and this has got to be the most over-star-rated hotel I have ever stayed at. If you don't consider the very nice lobby, then I would suggest a 1-star rating for this dump.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 100% Smoke Free Hotel sits on 22 acres of land and has shopping, theaters, restaurants and other activities within a 1 mile radius. Offers Indoor and outdoor pool, 24 Hour on-site fitness center, 24-hour business center and on-site laundry facilities. There is over 16,000 square feet of meeting space, Picnic Groves, Outdoor Courtyard, Mini-golf course, sand volleyball courts, Softball field. - Home to 3 different places for food, drink and entertainment. Blarney's Irish Pub is a great place for dinner and a pint, Whiskey Ridge Saloon host the best country bands plus you can ride the mechanical bull, and Legend's Grille, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Choose one or visit all three. The hotel is right across the street from the Mechanicsburg Navy Depot and a short distance to the Farm Show Complex, Ski Roundtop, Carlisle Fairgrounds, Downtown Harrisburg, and Hershey Park. We can accommodate picnics up to 1500 people and have outdoor facilities for wedding ceremonies and receptions. We have 12 meeting rooms that can accommodate from 10 - 800 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Inn By Radisson Harrisburg West Hotel Mechanicsburg
- Holiday Inn Mechanicsburg
- Mechanicsburg Holiday Inn