“Better than expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West

Save Saved
You added Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West to your Saves list
Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5401 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050 (Formerly Holiday Inn Harrisburg West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Mechanicsburg
Waterville, New York
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel because of it was available to use extra nights from other stays with. From the outside it looks pretty bland. However the inside of the room was very spacious... We actually loved it.

• Stayed July 2013
mccordd, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

311 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
North Easton, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I booked this room through hotwire because we were traveling on a family vacation and this had some great ammenaties like indoor/outdoor pool, volleyball, softball & mini golf right there! I got there and checked in. The lobby was nice and looks like you found a gem, but then you get to the stairs (no elevators - in case you're traveling with handicapped or disabled not a place to go!) and the room! I imformed the person during check in that we were only staying 6 nights not the 7 that was originally booked. She snapped at me that I have to take that up with Hotwire. I never even asked for a refund of the money as I knew that conditions when I booked with them. I was just informing them so they knew that they'd have that room for the following Saturday. I worked hotels and I know how it is, so I figured I'd give them advance notice. Didn't expect to get an attitude for that!
The stairs looks like they are about to rust off the buildings! The rooms appeared clean, but upon closer inspection in the bathroom I found some sort of worm bug curled up dead on the floor. The second day we came back to the room and I pulled down the sheets to put my little one to bed and there was a HUGE stain on the sheet like someone had peed the bed (that wasn't there when I left that morning) and the other bed was missing one of the sheets from under the blanket. I called and asked for new sheets and someone did come and changed the sheets for me. She was very nice (wish I could remember her name, but it escapes me). She seemed very disgusted with the housekeeping herself and apologized for the inconvenience. The following day the sheet on the second bed was still missing a sheet as it did until the last day of our stay. Even if the sheets were dirty as my son and his friend spilled something one night, those sheets stayed on the bed for 3 days! It was obvious that there was something there, but gross!!!
I found another bug in the bathroom and hair behind the door that didn't match anyone in my family. There was also room service dishes left on the walkways to the rooms for days. It was disgusting!
I was very, very disappointed! The only good that I can think of were two employee of housekeeping (the girl who changed my sheets and the daytime head housekeeper (?) Mike, I think is name was. He was very friendly and personable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
mccordd, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback on tripadvisor. We really appreciate when our guests give us their experience so we can learn. We have even updated the stairs since your visit!

Please contact me if I can be of more service. 717 697 0321
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

This "hotel" is a motel. Period. We stayed here for my nieces wedding and I felt bad for her, her guests and frankly the entire staff who worked her wedding. I believe that much of the banquet staff and wedding people attempt to do a good job with what they have but what they have is crap. The linens weren't clean and didn't match. The riser for the head table was sticky with probably years of spilled drinks and food. The room smelled weird. The whole place smelled weird. At one point the brides mother asked to speak to a manager and she talked to someone in the sales office area who was apparently in charge. Her name started with a Z but I can't recall it here. This woman was rude, passive aggressive and ridiculous. She talked to my sister like she was an idiot. It was absolutely appalling.
This place should at the very least hire good management who will try and improve the service there because the property itself is in complete shambles. They do not deserve a three star rating anywhere.
Don't waste your money

• Stayed July 2013
mccordd, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. The issue you encountered concerns us here at the Park Inn and is not ringing as famliar, will you contact the hotel so that we may meet your needs?

717 697 0321
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

As a transition from staying in Philly,my husband and I decided to head to rural and found "Park Inn". Upon pulling up, the 1st thing I saw was the bar attached to the hotel! That was a first for me lol. We decided, lets see what the inside looks like. Surprisingly a very nice entrance and Gessica was working the desk-pleasant employee. Despite skepticism, we boomed a jacuzzi suite. No elevator, walk upstairs, open door& greeted by smoke/musty smell. Room size was good, however they're very dated, carpet, tube tv and curtains. All we could do was laugh. Bathroom creeped me out b/c of the 1person shower? I def. had my husband check for bed bugs...W/the convenience of the hotel, we went to Kmart across the st. To buy some Clorox/Lysol , and sprayed the jacuzzi as well as the sink&toilet. This is somewhere we'll nvr stay again, it wasn't comfortable& it gives you the "Motel" feel which if your traveling fora vacation, you don't want that! Keep looking and avoid Park inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
mccordd, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry to hear that your experience was less than what I would call satisfactory. Please contact me at the hotel if I can be of assistance.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I'd have to say first of all their coordinators, Courtney and Amanda, were absolutely amazing! I got to know them over the months of wedding planning and they were so sincere with wanting to make my day special for me. They were prompt with returning calls and emails to answer any and all questions I had! They even do the decorating for you so it's one less thing for the bride to worry about (and they did an awesome job on placement). There were 3 weddings going on and they even took the time to order me and my bridesmaid pizza!
As for the ceremony and reception space we had more than enough room! It was nice to plan my wedding to be outside but they reserved a room in case of bad weather (another thing I didn't have to stress about!). The food was good I had several compliments days after telling me! They have several packages to go along with your budget which include food, open bar and the choice of you're wedding cake from 2 local bakeries!
I would recommend Park Inn to anyone looking into wedding spaces and looking for the biggest bang for their buck!

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for such a nice reivew!
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We booked this on Priceline a few days ago and agree with the sentiment of many of the reviewers here that the actual room in sub-par, entrance from the outdoor, rather "motel-like." The grounds, however, are large and fairly well maintained. They have an indoor pool, outdoor pool, 11 hole mini golf course, and even a swing set for the kids/ large bbq area.
We were disappointed in the quality of the room given the "3 star" rating.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate the feedback.
Holland, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

When I booked via Hotwire I checked on the reviews for this property. I noticed several negative comments. Several noted this is not a 3 star property. I would agree with that. This is an old motel (door to outside - park by the room). The place is HUGE. I would not even be able to guess how many rooms this property has. The check in area is beautiful, but the room was not. The musty smell entering the room was the first sign. As a rule when we get to a hotel room we clean with antibacterial wipes. Some of the surfaces we cleaned had not been touched in quite a while. There were spider webs in the corners, no shower liner, just the curtain, so water could spray out while the shower was used. The room was dusty/dirty in general. We got a special sheet thanking for booking with Hotwire, offering a free bottle of water, free local calls, and 25% off at the restaurant. Based on our experience in the room, the restaurant would be the last place we would visit. People coming in at 2am did not help, the walls are very thin. On the plus side, the pool (indoor and outdoor) were nice areas, but the general condition of the property is lacking. I really think this property is trying, but there room for improvement. When I book a 3 star property, we have basic expectations that were not met here. When you use Hotwire, you are flying somewhat blind. I rely on the star system to know what I am purchasing, since you don't see the property name until the purchase is complete. We have not had issues before, but this experience will make us much more hesitant to book with Hotwire going forward. This is a 2 - 2.5 star property.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back while closer to the highway, would likely be quieter than the rooms up front b...