“Total Racket” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West

You added Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West to your Saves list
Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5401 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050 (Formerly Holiday Inn Harrisburg West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
“Total Racket”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This "hotel" is a motel. Period. We stayed here for my nieces wedding and I felt bad for her, her guests and frankly the entire staff who worked her wedding. I believe that much of the banquet staff and wedding people attempt to do a good job with what they have but what they have is crap. The linens weren't clean and didn't match. The riser for the head table was sticky with probably years of spilled drinks and food. The room smelled weird. The whole place smelled weird. At one point the brides mother asked to speak to a manager and she talked to someone in the sales office area who was apparently in charge. Her name started with a Z but I can't recall it here. This woman was rude, passive aggressive and ridiculous. She talked to my sister like she was an idiot. It was absolutely appalling.
This place should at the very least hire good management who will try and improve the service there because the property itself is in complete shambles. They do not deserve a three star rating anywhere.
Don't waste your money

• Stayed July 2013
mccordd, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. The issue you encountered concerns us here at the Park Inn and is not ringing as famliar, will you contact the hotel so that we may meet your needs?

717 697 0321

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

As a transition from staying in Philly,my husband and I decided to head to rural and found "Park Inn". Upon pulling up, the 1st thing I saw was the bar attached to the hotel! That was a first for me lol. We decided, lets see what the inside looks like. Surprisingly a very nice entrance and Gessica was working the desk-pleasant employee. Despite skepticism, we boomed a jacuzzi suite. No elevator, walk upstairs, open door& greeted by smoke/musty smell. Room size was good, however they're very dated, carpet, tube tv and curtains. All we could do was laugh. Bathroom creeped me out b/c of the 1person shower? I def. had my husband check for bed bugs...W/the convenience of the hotel, we went to Kmart across the st. To buy some Clorox/Lysol , and sprayed the jacuzzi as well as the sink&toilet. This is somewhere we'll nvr stay again, it wasn't comfortable& it gives you the "Motel" feel which if your traveling fora vacation, you don't want that! Keep looking and avoid Park inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
mccordd, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry to hear that your experience was less than what I would call satisfactory. Please contact me at the hotel if I can be of assistance.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I'd have to say first of all their coordinators, Courtney and Amanda, were absolutely amazing! I got to know them over the months of wedding planning and they were so sincere with wanting to make my day special for me. They were prompt with returning calls and emails to answer any and all questions I had! They even do the decorating for you so it's one less thing for the bride to worry about (and they did an awesome job on placement). There were 3 weddings going on and they even took the time to order me and my bridesmaid pizza!
As for the ceremony and reception space we had more than enough room! It was nice to plan my wedding to be outside but they reserved a room in case of bad weather (another thing I didn't have to stress about!). The food was good I had several compliments days after telling me! They have several packages to go along with your budget which include food, open bar and the choice of you're wedding cake from 2 local bakeries!
I would recommend Park Inn to anyone looking into wedding spaces and looking for the biggest bang for their buck!

• Stayed May 2013
mccordd, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for such a nice reivew!
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We booked this on Priceline a few days ago and agree with the sentiment of many of the reviewers here that the actual room in sub-par, entrance from the outdoor, rather "motel-like." The grounds, however, are large and fairly well maintained. They have an indoor pool, outdoor pool, 11 hole mini golf course, and even a swing set for the kids/ large bbq area.
We were disappointed in the quality of the room given the "3 star" rating.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate the feedback.
Holland, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

When I booked via Hotwire I checked on the reviews for this property. I noticed several negative comments. Several noted this is not a 3 star property. I would agree with that. This is an old motel (door to outside - park by the room). The place is HUGE. I would not even be able to guess how many rooms this property has. The check in area is beautiful, but the room was not. The musty smell entering the room was the first sign. As a rule when we get to a hotel room we clean with antibacterial wipes. Some of the surfaces we cleaned had not been touched in quite a while. There were spider webs in the corners, no shower liner, just the curtain, so water could spray out while the shower was used. The room was dusty/dirty in general. We got a special sheet thanking for booking with Hotwire, offering a free bottle of water, free local calls, and 25% off at the restaurant. Based on our experience in the room, the restaurant would be the last place we would visit. People coming in at 2am did not help, the walls are very thin. On the plus side, the pool (indoor and outdoor) were nice areas, but the general condition of the property is lacking. I really think this property is trying, but there room for improvement. When I book a 3 star property, we have basic expectations that were not met here. When you use Hotwire, you are flying somewhat blind. I rely on the star system to know what I am purchasing, since you don't see the property name until the purchase is complete. We have not had issues before, but this experience will make us much more hesitant to book with Hotwire going forward. This is a 2 - 2.5 star property.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back while closer to the highway, would likely be quieter than the rooms up front b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your response as we truly value feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the benefits we extend to our Hotwire guests. I am truly sorry that your stay was not what you expected. Please reach out to me at the property should you have any further concerns, 717 697 0321.
Morgantown, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was a friendly place, trying to get good feedback. Unlike most places it welcomed Priceline customers and it offered them (my wife and I included) a free bottle of water and discounts in the restaurant and bar. The room was clean and quiet. Though we didn’t use them I especially liked the picnic tables that were set up here and there in nearby wooded areas and other places. It made it feel like a friendly place and family friendly. I have no complaints. We had a very nice stay. Still, I too do not understand why it is classified as 3-star, 2.5 seems more realistic. It is a big old-style two-floor park-in-front-of your room place. It calls itself a hotel but really it is a motel.

Room Tip: Ask them for their best room. Staff is there to please.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review.
Great Neck, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

After finding an incredible deal for "a 3-star hotel" on Priceline ($52 a night), I couldn't resist booking it. After it was revealed that it was the Park Inn, I immediately checked reviews of the place and was a little worried when I saw some negative ones.

I just returned from a four-night stay there and can happily say that it was a great experience. We were initially greeted by Matt at reception, who was extremely pleasant and helpful. We asked for a room away from the nightclub (I heeded a warning by another reviewer) and got a room by the pool at the back of the hotel.

The hotel is very big -- there are several buildings. There's no doubt the buildings themselves (and the lobby) could use some updating, but the room (while small) was nicely decorated with a fridge and microwave -- and it was spotless. The bed was clean and comfortable and the AC worked well. However, the Wi-Fi in the room was a little spotty at times. And unfortunately, I do agree with another reviewer that the walls are a bit thin. It didn't really affect us b/c we only heard our neighbors toward the end of our stay.

The grounds have quite a bit to offer. There are two pools -- indoor and outdoor -- that are very nice and well kept. There's also a huge picnic area with grills that would be ideal for families or large groups. There's also a mini-golf course attached to the property.

There's an indoor pub (didn't hear great things about the food but it's good for a drink or two) and a nightclub (with mechanical bull and all) connected to the hotel, with an adjacent patio bar. The patio bar is huge -- with a large indoor section and wraparound deck area with plenty of seating, canopied areas and individual fire pits (my favorite part). They serve cocktails until 2am.

If you're looking to go to Hershey Park (our purpose for the visit), you can purchase discount tickets at the front desk. Hershey Park is roughly 25-30 mins away from the Park Inn, so keep that in mind if you are looking for something closer.

Also, the road on which the Park Inn is located is filled with every kind of store and restaurant imaginable (gas stations, fast food, Kmart, diners, Dunkin Donuts, etc.) We didn't get a chance to try any of the restaurants in the area (except for diners), but I know yelp has a good listing of places to try in Mechanicsburg.

So overall, here's my take on the the Park Inn: It's not the most beautiful, modern place you've ever seen, but it's certainly nice enough -- and it's very clean. The staff is exceptional and you have pretty much everything you could ever need in close proximity. Well worth the trip.

Room Tip: If you go to bed early or just want peace and quiet, ask for a room away from nightclub.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review!

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West? Share your experiences!