“Pleasantly Surprised! Very nice and convenient place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Mechanicsburg
Clarksville, IN
“Pleasantly Surprised! Very nice and convenient place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have been reluctant to stay in this hotel on prior trips due to being outdated but when I saw that this Comfort Inn had recently been renovated, I decided to give it a try. Upon arrival I found that the hotel was easily accessible, right off of the main strip and near many restaurants and stores. The lobby was large with the front desk and a separate full-size living room/sitting area with coffee available all the time. There was one elevator located right across from the front desk as well as an open staircase, and down a short hallway was the breakfast room where free breakfast was served daily. I didn't get to try the breakfast, though. They gave me a smoking room on the 4th floor, which I asked for, and I was very happy with the beds, layout, and decor. Even the bathroom had been refreshed a lot. The red and gold hues of the room made it warm and inviting, and the added amenities of the refrigerator, microwave, full-size desk with convenient outlets, and large screen tv made it feel like home. The beds were comfortable and there were pillows aplenty and the hotel was very quiet overall, no disturbances or crowds whatsoever. I actually cannot wait to stay here again. As an added bonus, other nearby hotels were going to run around $350-$450 for my 3 nights and were less convenient to my needs, and this Comfort Inn came in at $272.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
hieharrisburggm, General Manager at Comfort Inn West, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Aubrav,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to the Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg area. I am very pleased to learn of your positive experience and that you were "pleasantly surprised" with our hotel and the recent renovations completed earlier this year.

I am looking forward to meeting you during your stay with us. Please contact me directly at (717)-790-0924 for assistance in planning your next visit.

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Hello, I just want to write and say that I very much enjoyed my stay at your hotel.
My parents and I decided to stay because we came in for my cousins wedding. My
Aunt lives right up the road from your hotel, we could've easily stayed at her house,
but we didn't want to be in the way.

I do believe my cousin had rooms blocked off at this hotel for some of her other guests
as well. When I walked into the lobby, I was very impressed. I was clearly able to see
that this property had recently renovated.

I am mentioning this next thing, not to complain, but just to make the hotel aware of it.
When we checked in, I was clearly able to see that the clerk was busy. My mother and
I walked in, while my father stayed outside in the car. I gave the clerk my name and
signed everything, and I thought I heard him say that we were on the second floor. How
ever, he hands me a key to room 330 and gives my mother a gift bag. I am guessing
Jennifer prepared these.

No sooner did we get up to our room, was someone else given the keys to room 330 as
well. I wasn't done getting my luggage out of the car, so this was no big deal. I just let
the desk clerk know, that we were in room 330. I know how check-in procedure works
because I am an employee of Choice Hotels, and also work at a Comfort Inn up by
where I live. I am not saying the clerk wasn't doing his job, but we got someone else's
gift bag, I think Kerry and John, and then I guess they got ours. No big deal, but the front
desk should be just a tad bit more organized.

I found no problems what so ever with the room. The room was very nice, and I enjoyed
the bed. Only problem with the room that I found was that, the plug behind the nightstand
was loose. The plug for the alarm clock kept falling out, and that kind of irks me because I
am the kind of person that has to have a clock by his bed at all times. I wake up in the middle
of the night a lot, and I just like to be able to see what time it is. again, no big deal but I would
have someone check it.

Bathroom was clean, everything in order there. All three of us were able to shower shortly after
the other with no problem. Also going back to the desk clerk, He told us breakfast was 6-9, I
kind of thought this was odd because our breakfast at our Comfort Inn goes from 7-10, so I
questioned him. If he is a new hire, It might be helpful to make sure he knows these little things.
Like the time of breakfast, and making sure he's checking people in to the right rooms, and into
the rooms, that particular guest is assigned. These types of issues, your normal guests would
complain about, but beings as though I know how hard it is at times to handle the front desk on such a busy night, I'm not going to call the manager and complain about it. I just wanted to make the manager aware, that the desk just has some organizational issues that they need to work on, especially when they get a wedding party. I am not sure of the Clerks name who checked us in. The lady that was working at the desk on Saturday morning was very nice.

Whenever I go away and stay at a hotel, I always make sure I take advantage of the breakfast,
if one is offered. I have to say I was quite pleased with the breakfast here. I think the hosts
name was Susan. She was very nice and friendly, and always made sure the food was stocked,
I was talking to her about our trip and how long it took us to get in on Friday. She was very
polite and friendly to talk to. She did have another lady helping her out, again I didn't get her
name. Food was very good and I enjoyed the waffle's, muffins and the buiscut's over susage
gravy, I'm not much of a gravy person, but this hit the spot. Also thank you for having the coffee
and juice handy, and thank you for a very nice stay.

Michael Murrin

PS. I did leave my four pillows in the room, but don't worry about sending them back to me, I
will just buy new ones. I didn't realize I forgot them until I got home, which is 2 hours away.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
James G, General Manager at Comfort Inn West, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Taurus2107,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to our hotel. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and also that you were impressed with the result of our most recent phase of renovations. I was also glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast and had opportunity to meet Susan, our breakfast hostess. She is a tremendous asset to our team and will be very happy to read your very kind words. I would also like to take this time to apologize for the confusion that you experienced during the check-in process. Your feedback of our performance is vital in the training process of our staff members and will assist us in taking corrective measures to help prevent a re-occurrence in the future! Again, thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your comments are greatly appreciated!!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

While traveling through on our way to NYC from TX, a business colleague and I were stranded in Mechanicsburg when our car broke down late one Sunday night. Helpless for the night, we called the Comfort Inn and the delightful desk clerk helped direct us to their hotel and found us accommodations. What a relief to find a clean, comfortable hotel, open late, welcoming us, and even offering a discounted rate! After a great nights rest, we found that their was not a mechanic around that could fit us in. So, with the help of the day manager, we found the parts we needed and repaired it ourselves. It was raining (of course) so he let us do the repairs under the hotel entrance canopy, and extended our check out so we could leave our luggage in the room and shower before we left. This is what customer service is all about! So, if you happen to be in Mechanicsburg, stop in and stay! Wonderful staff, great little hotel, and very reasonable rates!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Vantine8665,

I want to thank you taking the time out of your busy schedule for writing such a kind review of our hotel and team members. It was most unfortunate of the circumstances for your stay with us. However, I am extremely proud to hear that our team members were able to come to your rescue and help ease those feelings of being stranded and helpless! I hope the rest of your journey was less stressful and problem free, with less rain and more sun!!

Weare, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

stayed here while on a family trip to see Hershey Park, was about 1/2 hour away, but when hotels near there were $200.00+ for a night this was a great alternative..very clean, easy acess, staff was wonderful,breakfast was fine. a lot of choices for eating nearby..Buffalo Wild Wings is right behind hotel, good value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
James G, General Manager at Comfort Inn West, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear ladtvtxrider,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Hersheypark this past summer season. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us and found us to be friendly, very clean and a great alternative to the much higher priced hotels in the Hershey area. We are easily accessible to the highway, and yes, if you don't mind the short drive, the savings can be worth the trip to our hotel. Now that you've found us, I hope that you will come back to visit us again in the future!

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here 1 night while on my way to Cape May NJ. The hotel was adequate with basic but dated rooms. I found the room to be clean. The bed was okay, I did get a good nights sleep.
The breakfast was very nice with waffles, cereal, bagels, toast, muffins, yogurt, hard boiled eggs and biscuits and gravy.

• Stayed August 2013
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I love this hotel. I am on a tail end of 5 week business trip, and this hotel is tied with the one in Roanoke Texas for high marks. The rooms are modern. Breakfasts well stocked............ AND A GEM OF A FRONT DESK MAN NAMED JOHN ROBERTS. All staff are pleasant here, but John went way above the call of duty. He took care of all my paperwork in a timely manner, and he was very knowledgeable about the surrounding attractions. I can't wait to come back to this hotel......................... the one bad point would be that the manager said that they did not have a scanner......... I really don't believe that, but if it is true, they should invest a couple of hundred bucks to keep their business guests happy.

Room Tip: ask John for tips if you don't know the town