“Hershey Park stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg

You added Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6325 Carlisle Pike (US 11), Mechanicsburg, PA 17050 (Formerly Comfort Inn West)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Weare, New Hampshire
“Hershey Park stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

stayed here while on a family trip to see Hershey Park, was about 1/2 hour away, but when hotels near there were $200.00+ for a night this was a great alternative..very clean, easy acess, staff was wonderful,breakfast was fine. a lot of choices for eating nearby..Buffalo Wild Wings is right behind hotel, good value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
James G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear ladtvtxrider,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Hersheypark this past summer season. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us and found us to be friendly, very clean and a great alternative to the much higher priced hotels in the Hershey area. We are easily accessible to the highway, and yes, if you don't mind the short drive, the savings can be worth the trip to our hotel. Now that you've found us, I hope that you will come back to visit us again in the future!

James Gordon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here 1 night while on my way to Cape May NJ. The hotel was adequate with basic but dated rooms. I found the room to be clean. The bed was okay, I did get a good nights sleep.
The breakfast was very nice with waffles, cereal, bagels, toast, muffins, yogurt, hard boiled eggs and biscuits and gravy.

• Stayed August 2013
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I love this hotel. I am on a tail end of 5 week business trip, and this hotel is tied with the one in Roanoke Texas for high marks. The rooms are modern. Breakfasts well stocked............ AND A GEM OF A FRONT DESK MAN NAMED JOHN ROBERTS. All staff are pleasant here, but John went way above the call of duty. He took care of all my paperwork in a timely manner, and he was very knowledgeable about the surrounding attractions. I can't wait to come back to this hotel......................... the one bad point would be that the manager said that they did not have a scanner......... I really don't believe that, but if it is true, they should invest a couple of hundred bucks to keep their business guests happy.

Room Tip: ask John for tips if you don't know the town
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Nice staff, clean, overall a nice experience! I feel pamepered at this Hotel, if you need anything they would bring you at you room, I am no very used to that unless is a more expensive Hotel. Locastion is very convinient !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I stay here every year for Carlisle All-Ford Nationals. This year, they've been doing much-needed renovations. My main complaint is this: normally, the prices are great. However, this year we had an issue. My parents booked way ahead of time, using their AAA and choice rewards card for their renovated, king bed, smoking room (very small). The total came out to almost $300 for 2 nights as opposed to the $200 all the previous years. My friend booked his spacious, non-smoking, 2 queen bed room last minute and paid less than $200 for the 2 nights. The third floor was an under-construction disaster. Pool not yet open. Parking lot filled with dumpsters and equipment, leaving few available parking spots. New staff is much better than the large, rude, toothless women that have been there the past 3 years. Regardless, this place is pretty clean and generally reliable.

• Stayed June 2013
Raymond E H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear black88stanggt

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to read your kind words of praise on Tripadvisor.com. Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave us a message, we appreciate it!

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding.
Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

Thank you for noticing the extensive updates that we are completing at the property. As I said not long ago, we hope to be completely finished VERY soon! However, you will be happy hear that our new pool and outdoor patio are open! As a guest who visits us every year, I’m sure this will be a feature that you look forward to on your next trip.

Osprey, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Better than my last visit, but c'mon!. Don't know where the other reviewers stayed. I've tried 4x this past year, hoping it will get better. From the outside it looks abandoned. The nights I was there, only a dozen cars were sprinkled there; one refrigerator rig rumbled one and off all night outside the room. Empty on Gettysburg Civil War Reenactor's Memorial Day Weekend? Seems remodeling has stopped. Pool out back is dug, but not going anywhere fast. Looks like all new staff since last time. Must be the same cleaning gal, 'cause she still insists there's no hair conditioner, and I still have to walk to the front desk to get it! Passive aggressive way to tweak guests? Once again, defective clock radio & room entrance bulb out. Fridge door open, and off, "to save electricity." Some junk splattered on one of the pictures in my room.

Room Tip: West side, not facing the street or the rear parking lot. Ask to see the room first before lugging y...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Raymond E H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear AnAceBuyer_007

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to read your review online! Thank you for taking a minute out of your busy day to leave us your comments!

As a frequent guest, I’m sure you are aware of the herculean task that has been this renovation. From new walls and floors to new windows and boilers, it has been a very long journey to produce a first class hotel for you, our valued guest. Yes some things have changed, some of our staff have retired, some have moved to hotels in our portfolio that are closer to their homes, but one thing that has not changed, and will never change, is our service and commitment to you.

Rest assured our renovations have not stopped. We did stop for the three night sell out over Memorial Day weekend to ensure there was as little disturbance to the teams and other guests staying with us as possible.

We hope to see you again soon, our new outdoor patio is open and the new pool will be opening up VERY soon, and we hope to have all of our work complete by the end of next month.

Again, let me thank you for your comments.We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I Was Shocked With How Nice This Hotel Was. We Traveled With Our Two Small Dogs From Central NY, And Usually Hotels That Accept Pets Aren't The Best. The Staff Is Friendly, The Breakfast Was Great, And They Do Breakfast Until 10 On Weekends! The Rooms Are Freshly Re-Painted And Comfortable. There Was A Little Debris InTheParking Lot Due To The Renovation, But That Happens. Def Will Be Back Next Year Since This Is An Annual Trip For Us.

• Stayed May 2013
Raymond E H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear andrea8602,

Thank you for taking a minute out of your busy day to post your comments online. We truly appreciate it!

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to read your kind words of praise on TripAdvisor.com. Thank you.

I was glad to see that you enjoyed the updates we recently completed at the property. Along with the new paint, there is new furniture, carpet, counters, TVs, bedding and the list goes on and on!

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide. I’m glad to see that in your eyes we hit our mark!

Again, let me thank you for your kind words and we can’t wait to see you and your furry friends next year!

Raymond E Hunt Jr.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg? Share your experiences!