“Bes Value, Friendly,Pet Friendly!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Mechanicsburg
Washington
“Bes Value, Friendly,Pet Friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I Was Shocked With How Nice This Hotel Was. We Traveled With Our Two Small Dogs From Central NY, And Usually Hotels That Accept Pets Aren't The Best. The Staff Is Friendly, The Breakfast Was Great, And They Do Breakfast Until 10 On Weekends! The Rooms Are Freshly Re-Painted And Comfortable. There Was A Little Debris InTheParking Lot Due To The Renovation, But That Happens. Def Will Be Back Next Year Since This Is An Annual Trip For Us.

• Stayed May 2013
Raymond E H, Manager at Comfort Inn West, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear andrea8602,

Thank you for taking a minute out of your busy day to post your comments online. We truly appreciate it!

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to read your kind words of praise on TripAdvisor.com. Thank you.

I was glad to see that you enjoyed the updates we recently completed at the property. Along with the new paint, there is new furniture, carpet, counters, TVs, bedding and the list goes on and on!

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide. I’m glad to see that in your eyes we hit our mark!

Again, let me thank you for your kind words and we can’t wait to see you and your furry friends next year!

Raymond E Hunt Jr.

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Harmony, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

What a great find! Can't say enough about the staff! Really made me feel like I was at home! The hotel is currently undergoing a complete renovation. Completed areas are beautiful! Unlimited hot breakfast in the renovated breakfast area included omelets, sausage, waffles, breads & pastries, yogurts, cereals, juices, coffee, etc. etc. I must say I am really baffled by some of the negative comments on here regarding the ongoing construction on the property. Yes, from time to time, during daytime hours when I left my room, I could tell by looking down the hall that someone was working on the property, making it better. But since I didn't sleep in the hall it did not affect my stay at all. Room includes refrigerator & microwave, which is very much appreciated. Room was quiet, and provided everything I needed at a good price. Close to several attractions, and any type of cuisine I could want. A great place to stay! Great night’s sleep, great breakfast included, and staff that truly made me feel at home, and appreciated! Can’t wait to visit again in the future and see the completed project!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Orillia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

hotel is handy to Hershey swap meet.staff are great.hotel is under remodel so will be even better
stayed here a number of times and will be back in 2013.close to lots of good restaurants and Harrisburg

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
pa409, Manager at Comfort Inn West, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your response to our property. We are glad you were pleased with our location and noticed we are renovating the entire hotel inside and out. We would love to see you return again soon so we may show you around and give you a tour of the hotel. Guest comments are our biggest opportunity to know how we are performing overall. Thank you for your business!
Osprey, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I've stayed there a few times in the past and have had good experiences. Now, it's totally torn apart and has almost NO guests. I have the impression some of the workers are bunked there, judging from some of the trucks out back and the large number of them crowding the breakfast buffet. NOT a place to bring the family or attempt a lover's escape. My room was quiet, BUT every lamp shade was akimbo and the light in the entrance did not work. The iron and ironing board were cheap and barely useable, too. The real turn-off was the stagnant coffee pack in the coffee maker from some prior occupant. Poor housekeeping, to say the least, and I washed the maker repeatedly before I felt safe using it. OK, the breakfast was good and unlimited as always, with eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, fruit, breads, juice coffee, and yogurt, but that's the only redeeming quality. Yes, some of the staff is really nice, others don't seem so engaging. Their web site and reservation system should REALLY warn you that the place is barely usable. The pictures of the upcoming renovated hotel with improvements like a pool, and maybe they'll relocate the main entrance to the bottom/rear, so you don't have to walk down a set of stairs with your luggage.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Alwaysonthego75, Manager at Comfort Inn West, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
As you know, we are in the midst of our renovations program and hope our guests will return to enjoy our finished product. We try to minimize the inconveinences to our guests; but unfortunately some issues arise beyond our control. Your response has helped us to reach out to our construction team and ask them to be more aware of our guests in and out of the property. Our staff is working hard to keep all areas clean and debris free. We appreciate your business and hope we can restore your confidence in our property on your return visit to Mechanicsburg. Happy Holidays!
Greenfield, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

If you have a problem with stairs or really require an attractive hotel stay away until this place is finished with its badly needed remodeling. I cannot understand hotels that think a "Excuse our Mess" sign excuses everything from minimum service to bad TVs. Wait until spring 2013.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your response. We are anxious to show our finished renovations in the year 2013 and hope we can have you as a return guest. Your feedback helps us to reach out to the staff and construction team and that is a useful tool to help us with training. Thank you for your business, please give us another opportunity to restore your confidence in lodging choices in 2013! Happy Holidays from the staff and management of Mechanicsburg Comfort Inn!
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

As it says in the welcome book in each room, this Comfort Inn has recently changed ownership and it shows. I work for a local retailer and my company paid for me to stay here during Hurricane Sandy so I would be close to our store. The employees at the check-in counter were incredibly friendly and genuinely glad I was able to make it safely to the hotel. The rooms were very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The next morning I was happily surprised to catch a free continental breakfast (which I'm not sure they previously offered) before heading off to work. Despite the fact that I had to be away from home during the hurricane, I felt welcome and safe at the Comfort Inn West.

• Stayed October 2012
Alwaysonthego75, Manager at Comfort Inn West, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for your response. We appreciate you commenting and understanding the importance of us making the major improvements on our hotel. We look forward to your return visit when you are in the area again; and I hope you are impressed with all our renovations and upgrades in 2013. Thank you for your business!
Osprey, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

As good or better than the other nearby alternatives, plus a decent full breakfast. My room faced Carlisle Pike, but it was still quiet enough to get a good night's rest. WiFi speed is ho-hum, so don't plan huge jobs here! Free coffee in the lobby 24x7 was appreciated, too. Staff was attentive, if uninspired.

Room Tip: It will be quietest if you ask for one off Carlisle Pike. Seem to have very little space for 18 whee...