“Under construction” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg

You added Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6325 Carlisle Pike (US 11), Mechanicsburg, PA 17050 (Formerly Comfort Inn West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Greenfield, Indiana, United States
“Under construction”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

If you have a problem with stairs or really require an attractive hotel stay away until this place is finished with its badly needed remodeling. I cannot understand hotels that think a "Excuse our Mess" sign excuses everything from minimum service to bad TVs. Wait until spring 2013.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Alwaysonthego75, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for your response. We are anxious to show our finished renovations in the year 2013 and hope we can have you as a return guest. Your feedback helps us to reach out to the staff and construction team and that is a useful tool to help us with training. Thank you for your business, please give us another opportunity to restore your confidence in lodging choices in 2013! Happy Holidays from the staff and management of Mechanicsburg Comfort Inn!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

As it says in the welcome book in each room, this Comfort Inn has recently changed ownership and it shows. I work for a local retailer and my company paid for me to stay here during Hurricane Sandy so I would be close to our store. The employees at the check-in counter were incredibly friendly and genuinely glad I was able to make it safely to the hotel. The rooms were very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The next morning I was happily surprised to catch a free continental breakfast (which I'm not sure they previously offered) before heading off to work. Despite the fact that I had to be away from home during the hurricane, I felt welcome and safe at the Comfort Inn West.

• Stayed October 2012
Alwaysonthego75, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for your response. We appreciate you commenting and understanding the importance of us making the major improvements on our hotel. We look forward to your return visit when you are in the area again; and I hope you are impressed with all our renovations and upgrades in 2013. Thank you for your business!
Osprey, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

As good or better than the other nearby alternatives, plus a decent full breakfast. My room faced Carlisle Pike, but it was still quiet enough to get a good night's rest. WiFi speed is ho-hum, so don't plan huge jobs here! Free coffee in the lobby 24x7 was appreciated, too. Staff was attentive, if uninspired.

Room Tip: It will be quietest if you ask for one off Carlisle Pike. Seem to have very little space for 18 whee...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
pa409, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for your comments, we appreicate your business! We will be upgrading the WI-FI and the parking lot along with the entire construction and renovations projects. We look for feedback .....please stop by and ask for me on your next visit in, so we can disuss your suggestions. Thanks! Lee L., Manager, Comfort Inn West.
Mashpee, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Hotel is average very dated room decor. They should really put some attention to this aspect. But it was clean and it served our purpose just fine! front desk staff was pleasant and helpful. Location near restaraunts .convenient

• Stayed July 2012
US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We recently stayed here on a road trip north on I-81. It was one of the few hotels with space available for under $100. The location is great. There are ample restaurants nearby, and easy access to the interstates. Breakfast is decent, and includes belgian waffle makers, cereal, and some other bakery items. There were also a couple of hot food items (eggs and sausage).

My kids and I are picky about breakfast food, so we opted to get toast with peanut butter and go to Dunkin Donuts.

The staff was very friendly from check-in to the cleaning crew at breakfast.

The rooms were just average. Old tube-style TVs with limited satellite service. The beds were not very comfortable, but they weren't the worst I have ever slept on. The room was clean as was the bathroom.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

After a long wet drive from The Philly airport I arrived at midnight. I felt safe in the parking lot and at the hotel. The staff was nice and was not sleeping on the job as some night front desk people do.

My room was on the 2nd floor. As soon as I went up the stairs to the 2nd floor I was blasted with a wave of cigarette smoke. This worried me because my room was non smoking. I was very happy that the smoke smell was not in my room.

The room was clean. The shower had good water pressure and the bed was cozy. Breakfast offered more than most hotels in ths price range and below. Overall I was happy to stay here for the price.

• Stayed May 2012
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

As the title suggests, one of the first and nicest little things they did soon after my wife and I arrived was to call us up on the hotel phone and ask us if everything was all right. It was and despite what others may have written, the coffee was somewhat better than colored water....somewhat! But the rest of the breakfast was quite good, featuring individually packaged peach yogurts, waffles, potatoes, pastries, juice, etc. Not bad for $80. And the room WAS clean and comfortable for the one night we stayed while visiting family. Didn't use the exercse room. Staff helpful answering questions we had about where we wanted to go. Overall, this was a quite satisfactory experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg? Share your experiences!