“Not Great” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #114 of 142 Restaurants in Mechanicsburg
Northumberland
“Not Great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My mother enjoys this restaurant, but I think it's only because she' a Senior, and gets a good deal. I was the youngest person in there the day we visited, until a football game left out and a few kids showed up.

Staff was extremely inattentive. Several of them were sitting at booths with either friends, family, or other workers. If we wanted something, we had to get up and get their attention. One argued with my mother when she repeatedly asked for more Bar-Be-Que sauce to be put out. She claimed it was already out. When my mother walked her over there to show her, she instructed my mother that she should have opened up the bottom of the cupboard and gotten more out. Huh? That kind of thing is generally frowned upon most places (customers going into employee only storage to help themselves).

Food was mediocre at best. Saw they were owned by Old Country Buffet. No shock there. It's on par with that type of restaurant. Most stuff was bland, overcooked, and extremely fatty. Dessert bar was extremely disappointing in terms of taste.

If this kind of thing floats your boat, go for it - especially if you are a senior. But if you enjoy food that doesn't taste like a food service truck dropped it off, try someplace else. I politely asked my mother to not take me back there again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

camp hill
“dirty carpet shoes stick to floor thats in the dining room cant imagine what it looks like in the cooking area”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

dont eat here carpet filthy shoes stick to carpet. cant belive the board of health hasnt shut them down will not eat there again

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Good eats, military/senior friendly too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Although this was not our first visit by far, the food was much improved this time around. Mother actually enjoyed her steak...eating the entire piece. Now that is a first! Usually she complains, too tough or too dry...this time she was very satisfied.

Being military and senior friendly adds to the value, leaves more cash available for the server tips :). Check it out.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Drity”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Don t waste your time very bad. I think someone should mop the floors and use a clean rag to wipe the tables not one that has food from the table just cleaned. Just pull one pan out and put another on in its spot and not clean around it from the mess just made and the food splashes into another tray of food. A waiters scratches her head and then picks up rolls to put in tray. I think the health Dept. needs to make a surprise visited around dinner time on a weekend.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Cumberland PA
“SERVICE SUCKS AND MANAGEMENT DOES TOO”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

If you want RUDE service from the waiters, and no apology from the management when you complain about it then this is the place for you!!! Me, my husband and three kids went to eat and stayed all but five minutes before we left. A young waiter/salad bar attenedant brushed up against my 3 year old son, and barked at me " watch where your son is, he touched my crotch!" I said I'm sorry he's only 3 years old I'm sure he didn't mean to. He then went on and on telling everyone within earshot about it. After repeating the story to five different people, I got sick of hearing him and I asked for a manager. When the manager came out I told him my son was upset about it and that I was about ready to leave. Here's where bad went WORSE. Instead of offering an apology, he said if I wanted to leave he would give me a refund, almost as if he was saying take your money and leave before anyone else hears you making a scene. So that's exactly what we did, went up the street to the SILVER SPRING DINER and had a wonderful meal there, with excellent service. Screw Fire Mountain, I'd never go back there and I'd never recomend it to anyone.

• Visited July 2012