“Elegant Luxury, Superlative Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Orris House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mechanicsburg
Orris House Inn
You added Orris House Inn to your Saves list
318 West Main Street, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Jersey
“Elegant Luxury, Superlative Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

I stumbled upon this beautiful B&B and decided to have our annual girls' weekend here due to the fact our family name matches the house name. What a TREAT!!! The mansion is impeccably restored, each decorative detail gorgeous. The rooms are spacious and luxurious. Every detail is nailed to a tee. Cozy robes, thick memory foam mattress toppers on the beds, each room with a small refrigerator stocked with water, soda and Perrier. The most impressive aspect, however, is how the innkeepers treat you like family - better than family! No detail is overlooked. We were warmly welcomed, told to relax and brought glasses of wine. Kevin recommened a local restaurant, one that he and his wife were heading out for the evening as well. They noticed us at the restaurant and stopped over for a friendly hello. On returning to the inn, he said "I noticed you all were enjoying some beer - I did not realize you liked it, so I stopped on the way back and picked some up for you if you would like". Now, how many places can you go where they pay such attention to you that they seem to know what you would want or need before you do? Wow. This place blows all other places one can stay out of the water. I have stayed many places - including the Ritz-Carlton, but nowhere have I felt so spoiled!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bloomfield, N.J.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

Went for my daughters wedding,the most Beautiful & Warmest Place she could have chosen. The rooms are very historic & originally georgeous,the grounds speak for themselves.Food scrumptious,coffee,tea &juice at your door every morning.Kevin & Barbara the owners make you feel like FAMILY.Everything you need right there before you even ask.Chocolates everyday, stocked fridge,the MOST comfortable BEDS OMG ! The library fully stocked and we are a reading family,beautiful diningroom,sunny breakfast room. T.V.,DVR, and Movies to watch in everyroom.To Kev & Barbara love you will definitely see you again!!!!!!!!!!! Bruce & Al-Nisa.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Williamsburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

Abolutely the best any B&B could offer. Decor, cleanliness, comfort, and service were all 5-stars. I felt more like family than a customer. I had my wedding at the Orris House Inn, and it was a dream come true that I will never forget.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

I can't make enough positive remarks about the inn and its owners, Kevin and Barbara. My niece got married at the inn, so my brother rented out the whole upstairs for us. I only wish I could have stayed longer. The inn itself is amazing. Be sure to have the owners tell you some of the history and stories about the remodeling process. Kevin and Barbara are so gracious. Where do they get all their energy? I loved it. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
abc75
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

I couldnt have felt more cared for. I worked with Kevin for several weeks prior to arriving to set up the perfect dinner for my sister who was graduating from the Army War College. He found us the most wonderful Italian restaurant. I have never been to a restaurant that was fantastic in every course. When my sister showed up at the Orris House Inn, she immediately felt at home. She told me that the 10 min she spent in the Inn were the most significant of her entire year in the Carlisle area and that she would return to the area when she returned from Iraq. It was all the magic of Kevin, his lovely wife, and the beautiful Inn. What else can you say. I will most certainly return. The breakfast was customized to our desires and was the best of any B&B I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2009

I chose Orris House because I wanted to spend a few days fishing north of Mechanicsburg. I didn't want to come home to a Holiday Inn after a long day on the stream. The couple who run the Orris House were up early to serve a big breakfast to me and my buddy, and they were around late serving up fruit, wine and cheese and cold beer when we came home and just needed to rest a bit. The whole story of how they redecorated this old house is fascinating, and I would encourage you to engage them on the topic. On the whole, this was an excellent place for us to stay, and I would return so long as I have the money. C. Torres

Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Harrisburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

The Orris House Inn hosted our Jewelry Society event and treated us like the queen of England. I have only good and wonderful things to say about the experience we all had. What a relaxing atomsphere with all the charm of years gone by.
They have a great little gift shop with distinctive taste in the creative arts. I just love coming to thier Inn.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to Orris House Inn? Share your experiences!