“Best place around” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg West / Mechanicsburg

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg West / Mechanicsburg to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg West / Mechanicsburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4921 Gettysburg Road, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Mechanicsburg
“Best place around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We've stayed at a couple of places in the area and this one is by far the truest to it star rating. We booked with other "3 star" hotels in the area that were no where near a 3 star rating! The rooms here are clean (odorless), the rugs aren't stained, the bathrooms are in great condition and the customer service is wonderful. I would recommend this hotel and this hotel ONLY, to any friends or family ever staying in this area.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Christy M, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg West / Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience at our hotel when you traveled recently. Even more, we are so happy to have met your expectations when it comes to choosing a hotel for your famly. Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend swim meet at nearby Cumberland Valley High School. It was immaculate! We travel for many overnight and weekend meets during the year and truly, we had the most comfortable night's sleep ever! Beds and pillows were exceptionally comfortable and we could not get over how quiet it was. The ventilation system is incredibly quiet. One side of the hotel does face the highway but I requested the opposite side and experienced no road noise. There is not a lot near the hotel so I would not recommend it as a place to "sight see" but it is awesome if you have a destination purpose nearby. We will always stay here when our travels take us back to Cumberland Valley for a swim meet!

Room Tip: Back side of hotel away from the highway noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Christy M, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg West / Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
We truly appreciate your kind words regarding our hotel and your recent stay. It was our pleasure to provide you and your daughter an enjoyable stay as you visited nearby Cumberland Valley High School for your swim meet. Hopefully we will have an opportunity to accommodate you and your family again in the future. Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us!
Kernersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We were in Pennsylvania under unpleasant circumstances (the funeral for my Mom), and stayed at this Courtyard hotel for three days. Since we really like Courtyard/Marriott facilities, it was
very easy to pick this one since it was close to Camp Hill where the funeral was to be held. I was not in this area of Pennsylvania for about 15 years and people at this hotel were not only professional but also very kind and very helpful. Everyone, from the front desk to the ladies who cared for our room, were extremely nice.
The room itself was very clean, very comfortable and presented us with the opportunity to relax and feel at home while there. The beds were very comfortable and, believe me, we were in need of rest when we got back to our room each day during the preparations for the funeral.
The bottom line is that this facility was perfect in every way possible.
We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
csczypta, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg West / Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for your kind words Bill P! We pride ourselves on being friendly and helpful to all of our guests and It pleases me to hear that the staff made your stay so enjoyable during a stressful time. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Central Pennsylvania are.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night for a business trip and the hotel was very clean, the staff was extremely friendly, good breakfast (but it wasn't complementary) and it was close to the customer. I'd definitely stay there again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed here for the second year in a row for a hockey tournament.
The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating.
The all-day self service coffee bar is great and the afternoon cookies were a hit with the kids. I also liked the complementary breakfast buffet.
There is local entertainment and restaurants close by. All in all a great value!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Christy M, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg West / Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your kind words about your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure welcoming your team back to our property for the second year and enjoyed having you with us for your hockey tournament. We look forward to hosting you again for your next event! All the best!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a suite on Christmas Eve. The room was clean and quiet. There was plenty of space and a cozy bedroom. The staff was very polite and friendly. I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for one on the side of the hotel that does not face the highway.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
So glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay here at the Courtyard!! Being comfortable is one of our main goals here at the hotel as well as having a friendly staff. Glad that you were able to have a great experience with both the amentities of the hotel as well as the staff. See you on the next trip to the Central PA area!
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Harrisburg West for one night in December 2013 for a business trip. First off, the hotel is in a bit of a strange area. While the Hampton down the street is in a business park, the Courtyard sits between a dairy processing facility and a residential neighborhood. Other than leading to a funny parking lot configuration, this didn't impact the quality of my stay.

The hotel and rooms are clean. The bathroom was a little bit on the small side, but is consistent with 1990s vintage Courtyard property designs. The room was nicely appointed with an LCD TV, which swiveled to be viewable from the bed. The bed was comfortable and soft, so I had no complaints there.

The quality that leads me to rank the Courtyard as average was the proximity to the highway. Upon checking in, I asked for a room facing away from the highway. The attendant at the desk informed me that the hotel was sold out for the night and that my room had been assigned on the highway side and there there was nothing she could do. It was a little bit of an odd answer for a traveler with a high loyalty status who was arriving shortly after check-in time, but I won't split hairs. (She also neglected to provide me with a breakfast voucher, which is one of the loyalty perks at my level, but again, not a big deal).

The reviews on TripAdvisor are fully accurate regarding the noise level facing the highway. Even with the drapes closed, the hum and roar of traffic was omnipresent. I slept with a white noise app on my phone running all night to drown out the sound, which was a fairly successful strategy. I'd recommend being very, very weary of getting stuck in a room on the highway side if you're a light sleeper or need a silent room to be comfortable.

If I'm in the area again, I'd have no issue staying at the property a second time-- but I will definitely bring the white noise app!

Room Tip: Highway side is very noisy, particularly on the upper floors.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
csczypta, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg West / Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you ohjb for your feedback. We know that the road noise can be an issue for some of our guests and try to assign rooms to those that request rooms facing our courtyard. Unfortunately, that does not always work out as we are limited on the number of rooms that we have on the backside of the hotel. We do have whitenoise machines built into the alarm clocks in every room on our highway side of the hotel for future reference so that you will not have to use the app on your phone. I am glad to hear everything else was great during your stay! Look forward to seeing you again on a future trip to the area!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg West / Mechanicsburg? Share your experiences!