“Service with a smile” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg West / Mechanicsburg

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg West / Mechanicsburg to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg West / Mechanicsburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4921 Gettysburg Road, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Mechanicsburg
“Service with a smile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

What set this hotel apart from others was the exceptionally friendly and efficient front desk staff and general sincere friendliness of the other employees. I've travelled for business for many years, and this has to be in my top five pleasant check-in experiences. The front desk clerk even called the elevator and pressed the floor button for me since I had my hands full. At another point a different employee paid me a complement and pleasantly wished me a nice stay out of the blue. Everyone seemed to have a smile and something nice to say - it was very refreshing.

Otherwise, it's a nice newer hotel - clean well appointed room with microwave and fridge. Very comfortable bed. Average breakfast for a fee. Strangely located on a poorly lit road with a barely adequate sign right on top of the entrance.

All said, I would happily stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013
csczypta, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg West / Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Service with a Smile... I love it!!! It goes without saying that a smile can go a long way and I am glad that you felt the same way. I pride myself on having a very friendly staff here at the hotel. That is half the battle when hiring new associates and maintaining ones as well. Thank you for your feedback. I will definately share this with staff as they will be thrilled to know that the small things that they do, do not go unnoticed. Hope to see you again on a future trip to the area!

173 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was here for three nights on business. The room was spacious, clean and quiet (and I was only two doors from the elevator. The breakfast value was great! They do not charge you an outrageous flat fee regardless if you eat healthy or are a glutton. I do not think any of my breakfasts were over $6. The best hotel breakfast value I have ever had! If I am back in the area, I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: My room on the north side away from the highway was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you MtnMatt1749 for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We strive to make sure we keep up with all the food trends and that we are aware that not everyone eats the same nowadays. When people hear that we have a breakfast buffet they sometimes do not understand that we have a menu and that items can be purchased al a carte from the buffet. thank you for sharing! We look forward to seeing you on a return visit to Central, PA!
Bar Harbor, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Staff and accommodations were the best! We had a suite and it was spacious with nice kitchenette area. Loved the balcony and did not have a problem with the noise. My grandson loved all the trucks so that was a bonus!

Room Tip: Suites are very roomy and worth it!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kristine G, Operations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg West / Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for such a nice review Martha. We are so glad we could accommodate you and your family! We hope to see you again during your travels through the area, and if there is anything we can be of assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,
Kristine
Gr8day4sun
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed here for one night. The staff was very nice, the room very comfortable and clean and the lobby area comfortable. Great breakfast offered in the morning, once again, with a very friendly staff. Had one problem with a partying group hanging outside our room between 1 and 4 a.m. but that's not the management's fault. I should have reported it but did not until the next morning when we went out and discovered a beer bottle right outside our door.

I agree with previous raters - it is noisy - I did have a room on the highway side. But, I would stay here again, based on the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the back side, not facing the highway.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kristine G, Operations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg West / Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our staff and accommodations. Unfortunately, sometimes other guests will have an effect on your stay, but please keep in mind that we have staff here 24 hours, 7 days a week to assist - we are happy to address any concerns you may have including noise. I hope we can be your hotel of choice the next time you're in town!

Take Care!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is a noisey hotel.. Sits right on the main road so you need to either request a white noise machine or a room towards the back. The staff do not offer this. If you want to hear truck breaks all night - this is the place to be. Oh- and when the staff clean your room - don't expect the normal - tolilet seat left up,drain left in the down position, ice bucket not empited (thanks for leavng the extra bag but you could have enptied it out - LAZY). Oh - and you left my halffull glass behind instead of replacong - really?? This is below poverty standards. Not excited about having to stay there

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you are desparate
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kristine G, Operations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg West / Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we truly value your perspective of our hotel. I'm sincerely sorry that your stay here did not meet your expectations. We have taken precautions for our lighter sleepers, such as white noise machines and ear plugs available upon request. Please always feel free to contact a front guest agent at any point during your stay if any aspect is unsatisfactory - we do not want any of our guests to have a bad experience with us. The cleanliness issues have already been brought to the attention of our housekeeping team to ensure these instances do not occur again. Once again, thank you for taking the time to review our property, and if there is anything you'd like to furher discuss please contact me directly.

Kind Regards,
Kristine Gulick
Carlisle Pennsylvania, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I need to first begin with the Marriott was a lovely hotel. I cannot depute that, I also need to note that the point person I was dealing with to reserve my room block was extremely helpful with all of my needs. I will state that from the start.

However, I had expressed that we were a loud group and requested we all be near one and other so that we did not disrupt others. I reserved over 20 rooms for my wedding guests and was thrilled that it was all so easy, we were able to reserve a room at the hotel for an after party and we had the whole lobby and outside courtyard. That night we were told of one guest complaint and that we would need to keep it down. The next morning the bill was slid under our door and I went to check out. When I checked out they gave me a new bill with MIsc. Charges on it. So naturally I asked about the charges. The woman behind the counter was extremely rude and arrogant with me for asking what the charges were. She refused to actually HEAR me out because she would have heard my problem was NOT with paying for the noise complaints it was about HER service and attitude and me not being told about the charges! I understand I signed a contract for noise that is fine but this woman was inexcusably rude. I will never stay here again. If you cant handle weddings, then dont book them!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

If you are getting married in the area and looking for a place for all of your guests to stay, DO NOT STAY HERE. The Bride and Groom had asked for a block of rooms for everyone to be near eachother because after a wedding, people can get a little loud. When everyone began to arrive the day before, we soon realized we were all scattered throughout the hotel, with rooms filled all throughout so things could not even be adjusted. We were told that we had access to a conference room and the outside courtyard area after the wedding and we were told ONLY ONCE that there had been complaints about our party. Upon checking out, there was a very rude woman that then told all of us that there were THREE guest complaints and due to the free things they had to give them, we had to be charged. Please everyone realize that this all could have been avoided if they would have simply blocked us like we had asked so that we would not disturb anyone else. We had no intentions of disturbing people and if the Courtyard Marriot could have accommodated our request of having blocked rooms (which is extremely common), we would not have had this problem. It was definitely an upsetting bump in the road for the bride and groom the morning after their cheerful wedding.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Christy M, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg West / Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. From the time the block was initiated in June, up and until the group's arrival date in September, our sales team was in constant contact with the bride regarding wedding information such as transportation details, arrival times of guests, special requests, and more- all to be certain we were best-accommodating the entire group. There are no notations in the group folder stating the group wished to be blocked together on the property. When our team found the ceremony began at 5PM, we anticipated the importance for all guests to be accommodated with early check-ins the day of the wedding. This ended up being about 20 rooms all checked in between 10AM and 2PM, with a standard check-in time of 3PM. With this occurrence, it would have been nearly impossible to block everyone together. Also, with the meeting space provided for post-reception celebrating, typically parties do not find need to also have sleeping rooms in the same section of the hotel since they are able to spend aple time together. We pride ourselves in the service we provide special event groups, such as weddings, and are truly sorry to hear we fell short in this instance. If you would like to further discuss this, please contact me at the hotel, 717-766-9006.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg West / Mechanicsburg? Share your experiences!