“Good every time” 4 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
“Good every time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I've been staying at this place many times over the last year for business. Rooms are very clean, service comes with a smile and prices are very reasonable. If you need it extra quiet, get a room facing the parking lot and hills. The suites are also very nice but face the highway. Thus suites are a good deal for most but if you are extra noise sensitive than this is not your option. Good place to stay in the area. You'll need a car to get around. Many good restaurants close by and on Carlisle Pike. If you don't like the restaurant chains, there is fancier fare to be had in downtown Harrisburg. 15 minutes from the Airport make it perfect for business travel. Overall I can recommend it to any budget conscious yet discerning traveller.

Room Tip: If you need it extra quiet, get a room facing the parking lot and hills.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
GRANGER
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We spent two nights here during a busy time when people are bringing their kids to college. The second night when there were only two of us, we were able to get a handicapped accessible room since I am in a wheelchair due to a leg injury. The management made sure this would work the second night and had the room cleaned asap from the previous night. Both nights the rooms were clean and comfortable, although the first night we had an adjoining connection and their TV was audible in our room - why we hate adjoining rooms. The bathroom the second night was spacious and wonderful to be able to use in a wheelchair, and the detachable shower head made my life incredibly easier. Until you are disabled, you don't understand how difficult it is to travel and how valuable handicapped accessible rooms are! The breakfast has plenty of good choices and the hot items were different both mornings. Perhaps the only downside is the small lobby sitting area because the breakfast area (which is also quite small) was kept closed. Overall, we had a very good experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wainfleet, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel for the past 4 years when going to the Corvettes at Carlisle event. The staff is very pleasant. The rooms are very nice - beds are comfortable and rooms are clean. Continental breakfast offers a variety of choices. The pool and hot tub are clean and well maintained. We have no complaints about this hotel, that is why we keep going back.

Room Tip: Rooms that don't face the highway are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Scranton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

An average hotel. I've stayed at nicer ones in the same price range. Large selection of food items for a so-so breakfast. Exercise "equipment" is 2 treadmills in a non-air conditioned room with no windows. Location is close to HWY 15 but not much else. If you do stay, check out Cafe Magnolia for a great meal. They are less than a mile down the road.

• Stayed August 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Okay, time to blow the whistle on one of the worst hotel blunders I've experienced.

Took my two (6 & 7 year old) sons to Hershey Park on Saturday. We reserved a room at the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Harrisburg West. We requested a two-queen bed room and were told it was unlikely, but to ask at the desk. Okay, got to the desk and checked in ... the boys are hungry, squirmy, sugared up from a day at Hershey Park (fabulous, as always - LOVE us some Hershey!) and I'm not focusing on details at that point. I'm focusing on getting into the room and getting some dinner into the boys so they can get some sleep before the big judo tourney, tomorrow.

The hotel staff mistakenly gave us the wrong room - "Oh, two queens beds" I think at 9:00 when I finally get the boys to sleep, "they must have taken pity on me, being on my own with two small boys" No, not really.

At 10 pm I get a call from the front desk and the woman apologizes and tells me I have to move because they gave me the wrong room. I ask her if she's a parent and if she has ever tried to settle and get two small boys to sleep. No answer on that one. I politely decline. She goes on to reiterate 6 times ... "You signed the wrong name sheet, you must change your room. That room was promised to someone else" "Sorry, but that's not my mistake, it was the hotel's mistake and I cannot move, now."

Ten minutes later she's banging on my door. (No, she isn't a parent and probably didn't babysit, either.) She gives me the same line and I reply as I did earlier. She is insistent and getting perturbed. I am unyielding but polite.

Finally they sent the woman who made the mistake to the door to have me switch the room reservation paperwork and she acknowledged that we would not have to switch rooms and again apologized for the mistake.

Apparently the mistake I made was in my choice of hotel. Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Harrisburg West will not be seeing us, in future and we plan to visit Hershey Park as often as we can. It's only 2 hours away and a great value. FYI - caveat emptor - buyer beware.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

The room was nice and clean. The person that check us in was great. The luggage cart was falling apart and not safe so if you have little ones don't let them push. Fingers and hands will get pinched, voice of Experience....
The breakfast was not good. Eggs were fake and tasted and look it. The cereal and break was stale.
Stick the the oatmeal...

• Stayed July 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I travel a lot and love Country Inn hotels, this one is average but not great as most are. When checking in the young lady was helpful and quick. The room she gave me had a noisy refig and she offered to change my room, instead she exchanged the unit since i had already unpacked. Very good customer service!

The reason I only give an average is the breakfast. The room is small for the business they are doing, as least on the weekend when I was there. The coffee is located in a hard to access spot behind all the tables. The food also was not appetizing, they had no fresh fruit when I was there and the yogurt was being served from a large group container with a communal spoon, would never have eaten from that!! Looked so unsanitary with the container open.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites Harrisburg-West? Share your experiences!