“Good Food, Delightlfully Different, & Unusual Names” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 158 Restaurants in Mechanicsburg
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Good Food, Delightlfully Different, & Unusual Names”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I enjoy eating here. The food is good and the staff is friendly. Their soups are outstanding and change every day (except for the Pepper Jack Tomato, which is served every day). Their sandwiches are delightfully different and have unusual names - all of them birds! Each table is given a complimentary dish of pickled produce: cucumbers, carrots, etc. This is definitely a place to try if you want a lighter meal that is delightfully different.

NOTE: Isaac's has several locations. We have been to a half dozen, and all are consistently good!

• Visited September 2012

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Food and Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have eaten at a couple of location of Isaac's and have always had an exceptional sandwich and/or soup. The staff is always friendly and attentive.

Visited August 2012
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Not bad, not horrible. Service was ok with friendly server but not over attentive. Food is always good. Will come back again but experience was anything special.

dudley ma
“fastest waitress in the world!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were heading to Virginia so we made a pit stop in Hershy PA for 2 and a half days.When we got there we were hungry from our 8 hour car ride so we went next door to Isaac's Deli. The sandwiches were very unique. The sides were creative! My Dad enjoyed his spicy lentil soup which was not too spicy but very flavorful. My only complaint was that the waitress was way too quick to take our food dishes. She took my mom's salad and my salad when we were still eating and she took my root beer when I wasn't finished.

From The Food Kidic

• Visited July 2012
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have been to 2 different Isaac's, this one and the one in Lemoyne, Pa. Both have excellent food and very nice waitresses. Once, at the one in Lemoyne, the waitress put my leftovers in a box with her bare hands. That happened only once, and I do not see her there anymore. I am a stickler for such things because the waitresses touch rags they use to clean the tables off. It is better to put your own food in your box. Most of the time I order a Larkspur. It is delicious. The tomato pepper jack soup is very thick and creamy. The ikey sauce makes any sandwich even better. The firecracker pasta salad is addictive. The salted caramel crunch cake is like no other dessert. Great place to go!

• Visited March 2012